HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Letestu

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2011, 08:55 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiffLaff View Post
make a pakage for Wheeler, and stick him on sids rw
If he can't hack it in Winnipeg, he isn't here. Coming from a guy who wanted to see what a change of setting could do for him.

Old
11-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Dan Barr

What gives you the impression that he can't hack it there? He's broke 40 points twice already in his career. Not saying I want him or anything. His salary would be my concern.

Old
11-06-2011, 09:03 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I don't know if Omark would be a good idea systematically speaking, but it'd be a ton of fun to watch him here. I'd give up Letestu to see it.
I dunno what side he plays on, so i'll just go with this.

Omark-Malkin-Neal

That line would be pretty not that good defensivly with Omark, and Malkin, although Neal is not bad.

Old
11-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Dan Barr

Malkin's not good defensively now? Also, Omark just said he's going to go back to Sweden if he doesn't get to play in the NHL. Surprised no one's calling him a soft Euro flight risk. Oh right... he's not Russian.

Last edited by Dan Barr: 11-07-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old
11-06-2011, 09:50 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
Malkin's not good defensively now? Also, Omark just said he's going to go back to Sweden if he doesn't get to play in the NHL. Surprised no one's calling him a soft Euro flight risk. Oh right... he's Russian.
Not this season he's not.

Old
11-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Rectify
I need a job.

Omark is a soft Euro flight risk.

Old
11-06-2011, 10:19 PM
mpp9

Quote:
What gives you the impression that he can't hack it there? He's broke 40 points twice already in his career. Not saying I want him or anything. His salary would be my concern.
He has 0 goals in 14 games being given every opportunity on the Jets' 1st line. Add in the fact he doesn't use his size and is largely a perimeter player, he isn't hacking it here either.

Old
11-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Dan Barr

Sully has 1 goal in however many games the Pens have played. He sucks too, right?

Also, not every player has to be a mucker / grinder / willing to get his nose dirty type of player.

Last edited by Dan Barr: 11-06-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old
11-06-2011, 10:51 PM
High Flying Birds

Quote:
Sully has 1 goal in however many games the Pens have played. He sucks too, right?
Sully puts in effort however. Wheeler does not from what I've seen of him first with the Bruins and now with the Jets.

As for Testu, well if Shero can squeeze a 3rd round pick out of some team, time to build a gold statue of him. Especially a 2012 pick considering the draft is in Pittsburgh.

Old
11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Dan Barr

I noticed Letestu looking pretty okay on one shift in particular last night. He has been pretty crappy this season though.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:09 AM
mpp9

Quote:

Also, not every player has to be a mucker / grinder / willing to get his nose dirty type of player.
Watch Sully and watch Wheeler. Sully is a far superior player even at 37. Especially when factoring the difference he's made for us on the PP.

I agree though that we should be looking for RHS RW's that aren't going to be resigned by their respective teams next year. It's just going to be tough to find someone that is going to fit into Sid's style of play, assuming Geno's line stays together and CSK reunites.

As much as I think Dupuis would be fine on Sid's RW, I'd much rather have him playing his game as a pest on the forecheck on the 4th line and moved up when injuries hit.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Dan Barr

Yeah, my point with Sullivan is that even though he's not putting up big numbers, he's still been an effective player. I haven't seen Wheeler but for one game this year, so I'm not saying that's the case with him, necessarily. Just that his points (or lack thereof) likely don't tell the whole story. If you say he's been bad this season for the Jets though, I'll take your word for it. Nice avatar by the way, haha.

Old
11-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Honestly, I'd like Wellwood more than Wheeler.

He's got hands, creativity, and an RH shot. He could be like a slow Sullivan for us.

Old
11-07-2011, 02:12 AM
River Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Honestly, I'd like Wellwood more than Wheeler.

He's got hands, creativity, and an RH shot. He could be like a slow Sullivan for us.
I agree. He'd be another option on the powerplay, and would be a great fill in with the injuries this team seems to occur.

Old
11-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Dan Barr

Yeah, I've always liked Wellwood's game. A slow Sullivan is a pretty good description too. He looked good with the Sharks during last year's playoffs.

Old
11-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Why are we talking about getting an NHL player back for Letestu?
1: He would be getting dealt to clear space for those returning from injury, and anyone we'd get in a deal for him would just cause us to have to clear out somebody else. Hence, prospect or pick is what should be coming back.
2: Letestu isn't good enough that we can get an upgrade for our team, far less so with his current level and consequently his valuation.

Best case scenario he is traded for a pick to a team where he is needed. Perhaps a 'future considerations' such with a 4th rounder as the baseline which becomes a 3rd if he accomplishes certain milestones.

Old
11-07-2011, 06:38 AM
SidTheKid8787

I feel bad for Testy.

He was flourishing in the 3rd and 4th center roles last year but he's just not the calibre of player on the top 2 center roles versus the opponents' best checkers. He's hit a funk and hasn't been able to get out of it since.

Dan loves him though, which is understandable given their history. DJ seems to be hurting from his layoff as well.

Old
11-07-2011, 06:42 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Wait a minute, I am confused. Why on earth would we trade Testy for another forward? Isn't the entire purpose of trading him because we are 16+ NHL forward deep right now? Why would we bring in another? Unless we bring in a depth defenseman, a prospect, or a draft pick, it makes no sense. I question whether anybody will give us much if anything for him. He has been BRUTAL this season.

Old
11-07-2011, 09:08 AM
River Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Why are we talking about getting an NHL player back for Letestu?
1: He would be getting dealt to clear space for those returning from injury, and anyone we'd get in a deal for him would just cause us to have to clear out somebody else. Hence, prospect or pick is what should be coming back.
2: Letestu isn't good enough that we can get an upgrade for our team, far less so with his current level and consequently his valuation.

Best case scenario he is traded for a pick to a team where he is needed. Perhaps a 'future considerations' such with a 4th rounder as the baseline which becomes a 3rd if he accomplishes certain milestones.
While that is the most likely scenario, nobody knows for certain what the return for Letestu may be.

Therefore, we are speculating on rosters players that we'd like to see or could be realistic targets in a trade.

Old
11-07-2011, 09:27 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gialloneri View Post
Linus Omark has been sent down by Edmonton and scratched 5 out of 10 games in the bigs this season - fits into the definition perfectly...
Omark doesn't want to play in the AHL so he's kind of useless to us and he's close to being waiver eligible so he'd have to make the team next year or we'd potentially lose him (probably not a huge deal but something to consider)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiffLaff View Post
make a pakage for Wheeler, and stick him on sids rw
No reason for Winnipeg to move Wheeler.

Old
11-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Funk311

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Wait a minute, I am confused. Why on earth would we trade Testy for another forward? Isn't the entire purpose of trading him because we are 16+ NHL forward deep right now? Why would we bring in another? Unless we bring in a depth defenseman, a prospect, or a draft pick, it makes no sense. I question whether anybody will give us much if anything for him. He has been BRUTAL this season.
I think you're on to something.......LOL.

I have no problem wih speculating, but I think we have a pretty deep and capable group of forwards as it is. If we could get a 4th for him I would be happy.

At some points, it is my belief, that you are better off with not making marginally risky moves. It's better to show some faith in the guys on your roster playing well.

Kennedy Crosby Kunitz
Neal Malkin Sullivan
Dupuis Staal DJ?
Cooke/Adams/Asham/Park/Vitale

Almost too many decent options to make final decisions. Maybe DJ with crosby to keep kennedy with Staal? I just don't see a glaring weakness where I think a reclamation is worth taking anyone's spot presently.

Old
11-07-2011, 10:53 AM
cassius

If Omark is so bad that he can't even crack Edmonton's roster.. do you really think he would make ours?

Old
11-07-2011, 11:38 AM
MtlPenFan

I'd love Chris Stewart on this team. He's another streaky guy like Neal, but my God would this team ever be complete with that guy on the Pens roster.

He's recently been on the outs with the staff so it'll be interesting to see how he does under a defensive system with new coach Hitchcock, but if there's a guy that I would make a sweet deal for involving a high pick and even a prospect, it's him.

Old
11-07-2011, 11:41 AM
cassius

Agreed... good god I can't imagine having Stewart on this team. He would be a perfect fit.

Old
11-07-2011, 11:55 AM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Agreed... good god I can't imagine having Stewart on this team. He would be a perfect fit.
He's making less than 3 and will be RFA at the end of the year. A Pens uniform on that guy would simply be a perfect fit. Like Shero says about Kuni, "He's a Penguin"

Closed Thread