HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jessiman Nets Hat Trick in 7-2 Comeback Win

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2005, 08:46 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Jessiman Nets Hat Trick in 7-2 Comeback Win

Quote:
Charlotte, NC The Charlotte Checkers scored five unanswered goals to earn a come from behind 7-2 victory over the South Carolina Stingrays at the brand new Charlotte Bobcats Arena. First round draft pick Hugh Jessiman had a hat trick in the win and Lee Falardeau netted the game winner short handed with seconds left in the second period, which kept the Checkers unbeaten at 5-0-1. With the loss the Rays dropped their second straight and fell to 2-4-3 on the year.
http://www.stingrayshockey.com/conte...&parentID=8207

Old
11-06-2005, 09:04 PM
xander

well, it's only the echl, but I'll take it. Hopefully he dominates down there and is back up in Hartford by January (and taking regular shifts on a scoring line.)

Old
11-06-2005, 09:08 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
well, it's only the echl, but I'll take it. Hopefully he dominates down there and is back up in Hartford by January (and taking regular shifts on a scoring line.)

The most important thing isnt the stats, but to find his game again and get his confidence back up. This is a very good start.

Old
11-06-2005, 09:23 PM
xander

obviously, but if he doesn't put up stats at the echl level, then there's real cause for concern.

Old
11-06-2005, 09:24 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
The most important thing isnt the stats, but to find his game again and get his confidence back up. This is a very good start.
Agreed. Well put.

Old
11-06-2005, 09:24 PM
eco's bones

I agree he needs to find his game and he needs to play as much as possible. This is a good start here for him.

Old
11-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Levitate

cool...just keep it up

Old
11-06-2005, 10:22 PM
in the hall

Quote:
obviously, but if he doesn't put up stats at the echl level, then there's real cause for concern.
relax, its still the best level he's ever played on

Old
11-06-2005, 10:50 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:

well he was never ready for the next step to the AHL, he really needed another year in Dartmouth. Like the previous poster said, it's the highest level he's ever played at. BIG players take longer to develope, I'm not worried about him. I don't expect anything from him for 2-3 years. He's a hard worker, he'll make it.

Old
11-06-2005, 11:08 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Lovely. Congrats to him, and this should be great for his confidence!

Old
11-06-2005, 11:23 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
Lovely. Congrats to him, and this should be great for his confidence!

good pic of Jessiman smiling here after being named #1 star.

http://www.gocheckers.com/

Old
11-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Pizza

Good to see. It's nice to see the guy smiling. I just want to see him get a ton of minutes and get some confidence.

Old
11-07-2005, 12:36 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
well he was never ready for the next step to the AHL, he really needed another year in Dartmouth. Like the previous poster said, it's the highest level he's ever played at. BIG players take longer to develope, I'm not worried about him. I don't expect anything from him for 2-3 years. He's a hard worker, he'll make it.
I'm not expecting to see him in New York for 2 or 3 years either. But the guy hasn't produced respectable numbers since his freshman year of college.
Scoring line prospects tend to score at every level, usually they need to develop other aspects of they're game. You don't just aquire a scoring touch when you reach the NHL. If Hugh can't score in the echl as a 21 year old then I think it seriously calls into doubt whether he will ever be a top 2 line forward at either the NHL level.

Old
11-07-2005, 01:31 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
If Hugh can't score in the echl as a 21 year old then I think it seriously calls into doubt whether he will ever be a top 2 line forward at either the NHL level.
Fortunately he has scored at the ECHL level so far!

We gave Jamie Lundmark until he was 25 - can we please wait at least until Jessiman is the same age before we call him a bust? Especially since Hugh is the category of player that traditionally takes much longer to develop (and Jamie was a skill centerman, the kind of player that is supposed to translate the easiest into the NHL).

Yes, Hugh has disappointed since he was drafted, but he probably made a mistake not going pro sooner, he was injured and apparently the brass was really impressed with how he improved throughout rookie camp. Hopefully this hattrick was the beginning of good things to come.

Old
11-07-2005, 07:18 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
"Any place you play, the No. 1 thing is winning games," said Jessiman, 21. "I was lucky enough to come down to a team that's pretty talented. ... Coming out here tonight was pretty fun"
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...s/13101255.htm

Old
11-07-2005, 08:05 AM
eco's bones

His attitude and his work ethic seem to be fine. Probably needs to work on his skating and his skills a little and putting it all together. We're going to have to wait for him but if he needs the time he needs the time. We have some prospect depth so it's not a big problem. So far I would say a lot of our other prospects are doing great--we've seen several make the step up this year--some of the people here would not have put Moore for instance in our top 20 prospects before this season.

Old
11-07-2005, 09:05 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
Fortunately he has scored at the ECHL level so far!

We gave Jamie Lundmark until he was 25 - can we please wait at least until Jessiman is the same age before we call him a bust? Especially since Hugh is the category of player that traditionally takes much longer to develop (and Jamie was a skill centerman, the kind of player that is supposed to translate the easiest into the NHL).

Yes, Hugh has disappointed since he was drafted, but he probably made a mistake not going pro sooner, he was injured and apparently the brass was really impressed with how he improved throughout rookie camp. Hopefully this hattrick was the beginning of good things to come.
Where did I call him a bust? I said that I don't expect to see him for a while and I have no problem letting him develop for another 2/3 years. But there's a differance between developing your game and never showing anything. Up to this point Hugh hasn't shown any signs that he can be the player that the rangers thought they where getting when they drafted him. Refining your game in the minors is fine, but if you don't show the goods at some point chances are that your never going to have them.

I'm glad to see that he scored three goals in his first game. My point is not that Hugh is a bust or that the rangers should be impatient with him. It's that, no matter how hard he works, if he fails to show that he can score at the echl level then I do not beleive that he will ever be a scorer at a higher level, no matter how much time he is given. A scoring touch isn't like defensive positioning, it can't really be taught. If he doesn't show it now he's probably never going to aquire it. Last night was a good start, lets hope he keeps it up.

Old
11-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Fletch

This kid says the right things...

he works hard...many it would be a shame if he didn't make it. Glad to see him start out good. Hope he keeps it up. On a side note, comeback win? A 7-2 comeback win with the Checkers' third coming in the second? Just seems like an odd headline.

Old
11-07-2005, 10:49 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Where did I call him a bust? I said that I don't expect to see him for a while and I have no problem letting him develop for another 2/3 years. But there's a differance between developing your game and never showing anything. Up to this point Hugh hasn't shown any signs that he can be the player that the rangers thought they where getting when they drafted him. Refining your game in the minors is fine, but if you don't show the goods at some point chances are that your never going to have them.

I'm glad to see that he scored three goals in his first game. My point is not that Hugh is a bust or that the rangers should be impatient with him. It's that, no matter how hard he works, if he fails to show that he can score at the echl level then I do not beleive that he will ever be a scorer at a higher level, no matter how much time he is given. A scoring touch isn't like defensive positioning, it can't really be taught. If he doesn't show it now he's probably never going to aquire it. Last night was a good start, lets hope he keeps it up.
Fair enough.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:25 PM
trench23

Do we know what line Jessiman played on? who was on it?

Old
11-07-2005, 08:13 PM
dukesnider

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench23
Do we know what line Jessiman played on? who was on it?
Jamieson, Jessiman, and Cutter. It was an awesome line!!!! They were amazing together.

Old
11-12-2005, 04:45 PM
maddog24g

Jessiman scored a pp goal in the charlotte 3-2 last night.

Closed Thread