HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Why I am embarrassed to be an Islander fan at a home game

Old
11-05-2011, 02:10 PM
RafterRat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
There is a good chance that the group you are talking about was me and my buds. We were sitting in section 331 and before you judge my group, I would like to explain that we got these tickets for sponsoring a youth hockey league. Half the guys with me were Rangers fans who had been drinking a ton before the game so of course they are going to chant DP sucks. We pay good money to see this team play. If the team isn't going to go out and put the effort on the ice, we are going to try and enjoy ourselves at the game. Why sit there and be miserable? So we knew DP was playing fantastic, but we were going to enjoy ourselves and shout "DP!" every time he made a save. How can you blame us for chanting we suck? We haven't been close to winning a playoff round in forever and I have spent over $200 this season to see them score 0 goals (3 games)! Can you blame us for chanting we suck? Also just to make things clear I was chanting we suck last night. However, I still think we will make the playoffs this year. I believe they are going to turn it around, but at this current moment they suck. They haven't shown anything on the ice. I believe they will turn it around. And what you forgot to mention was how all game long me and my Islanders buddies were constantly chanting "LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!" when no one else was.
I was yelling at the fool's in section 309 and 310

RafterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 05:26 PM
number72

No GDT for the capitals? Did all fans give up already?

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 08:34 PM
HookeyPookey*

solid crowd into tonight normally the arena looks like a barren wasteland and more importantly the crowd got what they deserved a satisfying win.

HookeyPookey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:29 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post
Not Billy Smith, but under Capuano we've never riden the hot goaltender. Monty is playing well, Nabby gets the unexplained start against the Rag$, Nabby (playing well) goes down with an injury don't go back to Monty, play DP
Seriously, it didn't help my fantasy team after I picked up Monty hoping to get some starts...grrr. Coming over and reading the Isles board isn't helping me either...you guys are evidently just as frustrated. Looks like dropping Monty for Markstrom is happening.

You guys are having a rough go at it. Sometimes you've got to separate being a fan of the Franchise and being a fan of the people who are a part of it. I still loath the Rangers owner. Late 90s to prelockout was very tough for your fellow NY hockey fans.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbasket View Post
Never be embarrassed to be an Islander fan.

I know I am late, and I know no one will read this post But I am sick and tired of everyone whining and crying and all this ********. So what if we lose a couple of game, So what if everything never goes are way. The New York Islander's have no more true fan's because no one can understand that you have to go through the **** before you get the gold. My god, every time we win or lose someone, somewhere is always like "Played like ****". Plus it would not be the New York Islander's if it wasn't this way. We have gone through some hard times, and we will still go through hard times. Not every teams ****ing hockey season is painted in gold.

I love that the Islander's are not perfect. I love that we have are up's and down's. Never ever be embarrassed to support your team. People at the games are really dumb for chanting boo's and "We Suck". Either way WHEN we win the cup it will be the greatest moment ever in our eye's because we all stuck through it together.

A season has 82 game's and we have played 10. It's not the end of the world, so stop treating it like it is.

Let's Go Islanders.
What day was the "up"?

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote