HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL - WSH Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2005, 10:43 AM
oli500

vCash: 500
people what is wrong with you. Kost is far from being a bust. The kid is 20 years old.Im getting tired of all this kositsyn bust. Give him a chance to play in the nhl at least. I can see it hapening, latendrese will have a bad spring training next year and all the same habs fans you praised him this year will call him a bust next year at the age of 19.

Old
11-11-2005, 11:05 AM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL
I still did not give up on him. Go see him play in the AHL this year and you'll see for yourselve. Not only is he not producing, he is lost on the ice. No intensity, hart or desire. Add to this that his fancy cute moves he tries when he has the puck aren't working at all. Sure give him a puck and let him go, he'll show you his skills but then put a defenceman in front of him and it's something else. These are all the reason why a skilled foward becomes a bust. And don't forget that he is now 20 and in his 2nd pro year and he still does'nt know how to use his teammates.

But with all this, I think he could the type of player that would play better in the NHL then he does in the AHL, but the Habs are not a team that will call up a player that does'nt deserve it.

Theres reasons for all of that. The habs organisaton would of like kost to stay in russia a couple of years before heading to north america. It would of been for his best interest, but because of health problems they habs wanted to keep a close eye on him and if kost would off stay in russia it could worsen his health issue. He was brought in north america at a very young age and not all europens adapt at the same paste.

Its all about adapting to a certain level of play and kositsyn still hasent been able to yet.

Old
11-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Spooky371*

Remove the 3rd for a 4th, add Semin and maybe - MAYBE - we can start talking...

Old
11-11-2005, 12:29 PM
borro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky371
Remove the 3rd for a 4th, add Semin and maybe - MAYBE - we can start talking...
No, never. Semin is a #2 forward who has already shown he can compete at the NHL level. Kostitsyn is not a #2 forward who has shown he "plays with no heart" and does not compete at the AHL level.(your own posters description). Montreal homerism is alive and well!

Old
11-11-2005, 02:49 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cutter
Garbage? come on... Bad start of a season don't make the guy garbage.
You're right... a bad start to the season does not make him garbage. The other two seasons since he was drafted and the start of this one combined make him garbage.
Patience? He's failing in the AHL and the RSL. He's got training wheels on his bike and he's falling over. There are floaties on his arms and he still can't swim. Two plus years is an awfully long time not to show any improvement.
The benefit to the Habs is clear right now: trade him before his value sinks any lower.

Old
11-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I highlighted the two most important parts of your sentence...

You should be able to formulate an answer with that...if not...

Since when does patience and Habs fans go in together?
Some of us keep surprising me.

Old
11-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Marc-E-

What's the deal with Brendan Witt? We talk about a fifth or six d-men in a decent hockey club. You don't have to give up a premium talent this kind of guy. Last year, if I remember a premium talent as Alex Kovalev was trade for Balej and 2nd round draft pick. So why do you expect to have a Kasitstyn for a guy who's not able to follow the new rule in the new NHL; Yeah that's garbage....

Old
11-11-2005, 05:17 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cutter
Garbage? come on... Bad start of a season don't make the guy garbage.
I am passing no judgement at all on him. really. what i find ridiculous and therefore wish to ridicule is the idea that a player sucks, doesn't try and is an all a round loser...so lets trade him for something good. just makes me laugh.

if the guy was in fact not producing, not trying, showing no desire or heart, and a general failure, why would the Capitals trade something of use for him? that is my question.

if perhaps, you were to say that he is a talented player that is not a good fit for a system or a coaching style or a set of circumstances and he needs different surroundings, then it makes sense to trade the guy.

if he sucks, he sucks and most GM's no it ahead of time.

Old
11-11-2005, 05:37 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
if perhaps, you were to say that he is a talented player that is not a good fit for a system or a coaching style or a set of circumstances and he needs different surroundings, then it makes sense to trade the guy.
Or he needs a good, hard slap across the face to wake him up to the fact that his career is going nowhere because he isn't working hard enough. A team giving up on him could be just that slap... or he's Pavel Brendl and won't care either way.

Old
11-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
You're right... a bad start to the season does not make him garbage. The other two seasons since he was drafted and the start of this one combined make him garbage.
Patience? He's failing in the AHL and the RSL. He's got training wheels on his bike and he's falling over. There are floaties on his arms and he still can't swim. Two plus years is an awfully long time not to show any improvement.
The benefit to the Habs is clear right now: trade him before his value sinks any lower.
I disagree with this. While the numbers have admittedly not been great, he showed a good deal of overall improvement last year. So much so that Jarvis used him in the dying minutes of games with the Bulldogs up 1 goal in defensive situations. Just using to that to show that his defensive game had gone from non-existant to competant. He still needs to use his linemates more, but he shows flashes of brilliance when he has the puck.

I agree there are some worrisome aspects, such as his propensity to fall down and though I don't necesarily agree with the "heartless" tag, he does seem to lack a certain fire. Still, his offensive production is already much better this year and though he is struggling a little bit now, I think it's far too soon to call him stagnant. He will keep improving and by the end of the year we should see a much better player. But to not have seen an improvement from the beginning of the 04/05 season to the end of it is hard to believe. His overall game grew quite a bit imo.

Old
11-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
WHOH! HOLD ON!

I thought that Kostitsyn was the next coming of Christ himself?
Dude , that avatar is pure gold. I bow to you

Old
11-11-2005, 08:52 PM
henri2014

Imagine the damage Ovechkin and Kost would do in the NHL. Wow

Old
11-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
WHOH! HOLD ON!

I thought that Kostitsyn was the next coming of Christ himself?
No, that's Latendresse.

Old
11-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhite101
Witt skating equals Hatcher skating... does anyone disagree? Or is he slightly better? I mean who would you rather have in playoffs Witt or Hatcher?

I do not remember correctly wasn’t AK Montreal 1st round 21 overall pick in 2003?
P.S So basically your 1st rounder and 3d rounder for Witt… am I missing something?
O man o man, this is huge overpayment unles AK really really suck.
AK was actually the 10th pick overall in the 2003 draft. He still has superstar written over him, although its in pencil now and not pen. Huge overpayment by MTL.

Closed Thread