HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pitkanen - Performance

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 07:56 AM
jplush76

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
Pitkanen - Performance

How about these numbers already
8 games played

2 goals

4 assists

PLUS 6!!!!! (the next flyer is only a +3)

Could we finally have a real deal offensive presence on D?

I've only gotten to see him play one game, how does he look out there?

Old
10-30-2003, 08:46 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
To me, he looks great out there. He has made a few rookie mistakes but that is to be expected. On offense, he comes in from the point, he's not afraid to join the rush. If he sees an opening, he goes right for it like he did last night on his goal. He came in from the point and just put it right by Luongo. He also has a very good shot from the point on the powerplay. Him & Johnsson have done really well for us on the points. They aren't waiting as long they did last year. If Joni is open, he fires it right towards the net and usually guys like Zeus and Leclair are camped out there. Then they just chip it in. He has played well on defense, he can take the man and not the puck. In the past few games, he has single-handlely taken the guy right out of the play. Like I said, he has made some rookie mistakes but they are to be expected.
He has not been a disappointment to say the least. The kid is going to be good.

Joni

Old
10-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Teezax

I agree, let's put it this way, our only loss in regualtion came when Pitkanen sat out for Therien. He's lived up to the hype and adapted to the NHL rinks very well. He hasn't really missed a beat or a step. He is dominant on the blueline for our PP (rarely lets anything get passed him)
The forwards just have to read him well when he pinches so one of them can take his spot on D, and they have been so that's good. I'd like to see him shut down the Devils forwards tonight and add to that +6

Old
10-30-2003, 10:03 AM
Banger

Each game he seems to get a little more comfortable and a little better. It's scary to think how good he will be in a few years when he gets bigger and stronger. He is pretty tough to knock off the puck right now when he rushes it.

Every game he seems to make a few great plays. Last night he was great with the goal and assist and he also hit the cross bar with another great shot when he moved up in the slot. One of his best attributes is his vision, both passing and seeing the play develop. He also has a good ability to get the shot through from the point. It might not always be a rocket of a shot but he gets it through which is a talent that many of the flyers defensemen lack.

I have absolutely no doubt that he will definitely be an all star within a very short time. He is already our best offensive defensemen after 8 games in the NHL. Defensively will take some time but he has gotten better each night. When all is said and done he may end up the best flyer defensemen ever (no dissrespect to Howe).

Closed Thread