HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

KHL: Darcy Verot vs Jeremy Yablonski

Old
11-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Elvis Presley
Aka #30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I like that much better that NHL fighting. This is true fight, where players have responsibility for going into the fight. You fell? You better stand up or you get beaten worse. No linesmen are gonna help you.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hockey is a sport, not the street...

Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:37 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
When did the KHL change its rules that it's only a five minute major for fighting? I thought fighting was a game misconduct in most European elite leagues.
new CBA was approved last summer (for next 3 seasons). Changes were made here.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:44 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
KHL deserves zero respects for allowing a JOKE team like Vityaz team to operate.

Yabo is a straight up goon, what a disgrace, and I'm a guy that likes hockey fights.
typical uneducated user.. you know only goons from this team, but look at their roster.. so many juniors, yourng players - Panarin, Anisin, Belousov, Eremenko, Bogomolov, Tochitsky, Dvurechentsky, Alistratov, Berdnikov, Golovkov, Kolesnikov, Kudinov, Tulyakov, Fedoseev, Khafizullin and another in junior team (which are call up sometimes)

IMO you should some education. Chekhov is youngest of all teams in NHL and KHL. Respect to them.

As human being you should show respect to everyone, to your emenies, friends.. Is it difficult for you?

Old
11-03-2011, 04:37 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Presley View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hockey is a sport, not the street...
Then they should be separated immediately, because fighting is against the rules. I just don't like theatre fighting. Let them do true fight or stop it at all is what I'm saying.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:30 AM
perklunt
qwerty

That joke team is on 5 games winning streak btw. They beat SY, Ak Bars and CSKA (Red Army) recently ))

perklunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Acallabeth
Get well soon Octopi

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I like that much better that NHL fighting. This is true fight, where players have responsibility for going into the fight. You fell? You better stand up or you get beaten worse. No linesmen are gonna help you.
THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Wow, Darcy Verot got no help from linesmen in a fight? What a surprise! He could never see it coming, he's such a nice guy!

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:45 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

There was a lot of code-breaking in that second fight. Verot threw a bit of a sucker punch, and was throwing punches from his knees when the fight should have been over. But those elbows were something I've never seen before in a hockey fight... I see no reason they KHL couldn't just suspend the guy for 50 games and get rid of him forever.

Last edited by shureshot66: 11-03-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post.
tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
You're not alone. The only time the KHL makes international news is because of tragedies, or Vytiaz fight clips. It's hard to believe they haven't found a way to improve their image after 3 years.

KHL image needs improving, but western media takes every opportunity to slam the KHL.
Remember, NHL and KHL are in direct competition with each other, not to mention a "Russians=bad" mentality still exists, to some extent, within North American hockey circles.

Similar to the NHL trying to break the mold as a niche sport within the USA. It can do all great media campaigns, but what makes front page CNN news? Thats right, things like goons dying and Chara-Montreal incident.

You can only do so much if there's a preconceived bias against you.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:53 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
KHL image needs improving, but western media takes every opportunity to slam the KHL.
Not really. The outdoor game in Moscow got some nice coverage here.

But how are they supposed to ignore things like the plane crash and Cherepanov's death? Those were international news stories.

As for the fights, I never see these reported in major media. They're mainly posted on sites like Puck Daddy and here on HF. It's not a media agenda at all... it's a matter of the KHL attracting bad attention to itself more often than it attracts good attention.

Quote:
Similar to the NHL trying to break the mold as a niche sport within the USA. It can do all great media campaigns, but what makes front page CNN news? Thats right, things like goons dying and Chara-Montreal incident.

You can only do so much if there's a preconceived bias against you.
That may be true, but the NHL has also been aggressively trying to clean up its product for over 20 years. From the instigator rule and a ban on bench clearings, to the rules against obstruction, to the current crusade against headshots. They see problems and try to fix them. Is the KHL trying hard enough to fix Vytiaz?

Old
11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

It's hard to muster much sympathy for Verot. ********* on ********* violence at it's finest.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

tarheelhockey
follow this and enjoy http://www.youtube.com/khl

Old
11-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 692
Those elbow shots are definitely out of line even for hardcore hockey fights lovers. Yablonsky should be ashamed of himself, but that probably makes up for all the crap Verot pulled while playing for Vityaz.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:21 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
tarheelhockey
follow this and enjoy http://www.youtube.com/khl
1 click later I found this...

Different angle on the same fights... you can see he really landed those elbows.

Old
11-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Rob Scuderi

I don't know why the country of origin matters here at all. I've seen other tasteless fights on this board from different leagues. Every thread is the same with people commenting about how horrible it was. If we got linked a KHL fight that was really interesting and fun to watch then the comments would read like they do in threads made for a good NHL fight that happened that night.

Instead this thread is about a really disgraceful fight. People always call the league a joke when this happens. If you found a video of some team-wide brawl in a Maritime league people would still be calling it a joke despite it being a Canadian league. The presence of people complaining about the fight and saying things like joke league isn't a problem, it's the reaction we should expect on a hockey message board.

If it goes unpunished and Yabo is free to continue similarly then I can see a reason for complaint. If the KHL just suspended him though it wouldn't be implicating the league, rather just the moron throwing elbows as it should.

Rob Scuderi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
SilverSeven

Downward elbows are only illegal because it was forced on the UFC by lawmakers. You can find an awful lot of people who dont buy into how terrible they are.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Bure

What a disgrace Yablonski is.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 07:25 PM
VladNYC*

That should be the season for him. Disgusting.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 04:57 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
typical uneducated user.. you know only goons from this team, but look at their roster.. so many juniors, yourng players - Panarin, Anisin, Belousov, Eremenko, Bogomolov, Tochitsky, Dvurechentsky, Alistratov, Berdnikov, Golovkov, Kolesnikov, Kudinov, Tulyakov, Fedoseev, Khafizullin and another in junior team (which are call up sometimes)

IMO you should some education. Chekhov is youngest of all teams in NHL and KHL. Respect to them.

As human being you should show respect to everyone, to your emenies, friends.. Is it difficult for you?
Why would anyone respect Vityaz?

An absolute joke of a team... The pinnacle of their hockey prowess is attacking the skilled players of Omsk off the face-off and putting guys like Cervenka into hospital.

In normal world, someone would've gone to prison for that ****.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Blade Runner

Couldn't happen to a better guy.

Blade Runner is offline   Reply With Quote