HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers sign Anton Strålman (1 year, $900K)

Old
11-05-2011, 10:13 AM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Incidentally, are there any other guys with official diacritics or non-Roman spellings?

Артё́м Ани́симов
Marián Gáborík
Руслан Федотенко
Anisimov and fedotenko's names look so unbelievably bad ass in Russian.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:14 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Valentenko is too slow to play NHL hockey. Immobile. He's a C- prospect. I doubt he sees an NHL game. He's a decent AHL player and that's it.
he just needs time and patience. i mean, who thought Corey Potter could be 2-6-8 in 10 games? he's outscoring/pointing everyone on our team except Gaborik and Richards. Point being, it might not be next season but if he sticks with it, he has the tools to make it. If he is a C- player now, he certain gets an A for shot blocking and A for his slapshot. I think he's is more promising than Correy Potter was when he was playing for us. He plays one camp injured and everyone writes him off? I don't get it. He was quite great last camp when he was uninjured. I guess the poor showing always makes the bi-polar Ranger fans give up. Granted, some of you guys never liked him.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/12...-sign-stralman

its official

my bet is he plays vs the Jets. unless they feel to put him in right away for Eminger. no need to scratch Woywitka

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/12...-sign-stralman

its official

my bet is he plays vs the Jets. unless they feel to put him in right away for Eminger. no need to scratch Woywitka
The dude is still in Sweden. He's not playing this weekend.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Vitto79

AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
#NYR have placed Mike Rupp, who will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee this week, on injured reserve.
19 minutes ago
Andrew Gross
On Ranger Rants: #NYR announce signing of D Anton Stralman blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerra…
20 minutes ago
Andrew Gross
Rangers finally officially announce signing of D Anton Stralman to contract.

yep official. Made room with Rupp on the IR...............I imagine he gets a few practices in then plays. Not this weekend

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I assume he'll play against the Sens on Wednesday. If not, most likely on Friday against Carolina

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I assume he'll play against the Sens on Wednesday. If not, most likely on Friday against Carolina
I'd give him till friday. Might be tired for Wednesday, and not have enough practices in. Gives him more time to learn the system/PP.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:07 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Pro-rated $900,000 is $750k. 31 days off the NHL calendar.

Quote:
And, of course, the plan, eventually, is to work Tim Erixon back into the lineup but that’s down the road once he gets some seasoning at the AHL level.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...ing_finalized/

Ryan McDonagh was called up on January 7 after Michal Rozsival's suffered a pull muscle/rib cage injury.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Vitto79

is Wolski on the IR? I doubt it but rangers.com has this. stars next to it

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Old
11-05-2011, 03:19 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
And, of course, the plan, eventually, is to work Tim Erixon back into the lineup but that’s down the road once he gets some seasoning at the AHL level.
They rushed Zucarello back from the minors last season. They should have given Stepan some time in the minors, but they didn't. They have a tendency to rush things. Erixon needs 2-3 months in Hartford. Less, and it's not as worthwhile an experience, IMO.

If they need to call someone up, there's a guy who has yet to receive a real opportunity. His strengths are some of this team's weaknesses, and his faults are some of this team's strengths. I don't mean to harp on it, but based on this kind of comment, if Valentenko continues to play well while healthy, he should be their next call up if they need a defenseman. He's yet to receive a real shot. I hate mismanagement of assets, something the Rangers do time and again. Properly evaluate your assets, and then figure out what the best thing to do with them is.

The addition of Stralman means they probably won't be looking to call anyone up in the near future. You never know with injuries, but it probably won't be till December or January.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 03:23 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Seems to be a better choice than McCabe or someone like that.

Where is Semenov? Why isn't he an option this season?
Semenov? I really hope you're not talking about the same guy that was on the Panthers a few years ago.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Komarov47

Which number will he wear BTW?

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Osminator

vCash: 50
I hope Stralman is an upgrade over Woywitka and Eminger. Woywitka looks very immobile and flat-footed out there, handles the puck like a handgranade... Eminger going into the corner/to the boards scares me all the time because he reaches and grabs with his arms 7 out of 10 times = penalty danger.

Woywitka getting only 6:45 of ice time despite Mike Sauer tossed very early on says volumes about what Torts/Sully think about his ability. Eminger with his 18:27 was more out of necessity.

Quite the number of unsuccessful "experiments" for #5, #6 and #7 D-spots already this season... Brendan Bell, Stu Bickel, Jeff Woywitka, Steve Eminger, Tim Erixon (needs seasoning of course)

Starting this season (before we all knew Marc Staal would be out), I never thought the #5 and #6 D-spots would affect the team so much...

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
In the one game he played while injured? You're going to judge a player on one game?

I think you're ignoring all logic in this case.
And I think that you're not thinking smart. This is not some super prospect. This is a borderline NHL prospect who has shown nothing in preseason (SO bad that he was banished immediately). This is a guy who is not even a world beater in the AHL.

I want all our prospects to succeed. But I don't sugarcoat anything. I was disappointed with V-Tank sucked so bad that the team felt the need to remove him from the roster before his suck permeated throughout. I don't have much hope for anyone after a performance like that.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
I hope Stralman is an upgrade over Woywitka and Eminger. Woywitka looks very immobile and flat-footed out there, handles the puck like a handgranade... Eminger going into the corner/to the boards scares me all the time because he reaches and grabs with his arms 7 out of 10 times = penalty danger.

Woywitka getting only 6:45 of ice time despite Mike Sauer tossed very early on says volumes about what Torts/Sully think about his ability. Eminger with his 18:27 was more out of necessity.

Quite the number of unsuccessful "experiments" for #5, #6 and #7 D-spots already this season... Brendan Bell, Stu Bickel, Jeff Woywitka, Steve Eminger, Tim Erixon (needs seasoning of course)

Starting this season (before we all knew Marc Staal would be out), I never thought the #5 and #6 D-spots would affect the team so much...
good pts on Woywitkas ice time with Sauer out. Shows that they trust Eminger more and he will be on the 3rd pair with Stralman

Woywitka will be the spare and then too the minors whenever Staal gets back

Old
11-06-2011, 10:24 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
And I think that you're not thinking smart. This is not some super prospect. This is a borderline NHL prospect who has shown nothing in preseason (SO bad that he was banished immediately). This is a guy who is not even a world beater in the AHL.
But who said anything about super prospect or world beater? Anyone can show nothing in one game, one where they are playing hurt, no less. What he has shown is a full season of being a good defensive defenseman in the minors, and is again playing well there. How about you give a player more than one game, and one when healthy, to show whether or not he's capable of contributing?

Quote:
I want all our prospects to succeed. But I don't sugarcoat anything. I was disappointed with V-Tank sucked so bad that the team felt the need to remove him from the roster before his suck permeated throughout. I don't have much hope for anyone after a performance like that.
And that doesn't make any sense, because judging ANY player in ANY sport based on one game isn't thinking smart at all. Yeah, they removed him from the roster because his suck permeated throughout, and not because he was injured and had no chance of making the team at that point. That's definitely it.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:20 PM
trueblue231930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
Which number will he wear BTW?
he will wear 45

trueblue231930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue231930 View Post
he will wear 45
thanks, was it on the website?

will be interesting to see what side he plays on. I would still think Woywitka sits and he is paired with Eminger. Likely for Fridays game or whenever a loss happens cause Torts is the type of guy not to change the lineup if winning

Old
11-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Osminator

Stralman still not on the Rangers website... wutsup with dat!?

Old
11-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue231930 View Post
he will wear 45
source?

Old
11-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Doyle

Rangers, Anton Stralman Agree to Terms

http://nhlhotstove.com/rangers-anton...gree-to-terms/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Stralman still not on the Rangers website... wutsup with dat!?
He was the headline a day or two ago.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote