HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 13 vs. Winnipeg Jets

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 6 3.73%
Marty Biron 128 79.50%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 4 2.48%
Michael Del Zotto 9 5.59%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Ruslan Fedotenko 6 3.73%
Marian Gaborik 131 81.37%
Dan Girardi 6 3.73%
Ryan McDonagh 3 1.86%
Brandon Prust 0 0%
Brad Richards 2 1.24%
Michael Sauer 1 0.62%
Derek Stepan 154 95.65%
Other 2 1.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM
  #126
NYRangers09
Registered User
 
NYRangers09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
100% Agree on the "Shoot it's!" No crowd interaction or chant gets me more annoyed than this. These guys know what they need to do. Let them play thier game. All "Shoot it" does is pressures your OWN players into hasty decisions.

Stepan leveled Burmistrov behind the net,. Later Callahan did the same on an open ice hit. Good to see a good physical game like that. Before this game, I never thought of Burmistrov as a physical player. My hats off to this kid. He's fun to watch.

The Redden : MSG for not showing the replay of Stepans hit on Burmistrov, which ended up in a penalty. We never got to see the replay on it.
There is nothing more frustrating than watching the Powerplay pass and pass and pass with no movement, which we have seen for sooo many years now. Recently it has looked better, but when at the game I still feel like I need to remind them that they have to shoot to score on a Powerplay. In all honesty, the more shots you fire on a PP, the better chance you have to score so telling them to shoot can only help

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:07 AM
  #127
kovazub94
Registered User
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
That's not really that outlandish. Scheinder could (and should) be a starter in this league.
Biron used to be a starter in NHL for a long and he was just fine. He had a great season last year and pick-up this year the same place as where he left off. I'm not saying that Scheider is not capable but calling him the best back up, period is incorrect - Biron is at least worthy of consideration.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:07 AM
  #128
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,823
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
There is nothing more frustrating than watching the Powerplay pass and pass and pass with no movement, which we have seen for sooo many years now. Recently it has looked better, but when at the game I still feel like I need to remind them that they have to shoot to score on a Powerplay. In all honesty, the more shots you fire on a PP, the better chance you have to score so telling them to shoot can only help
Not if a shot goes into an opposing player for a 2 on 1 the other way.

These guys are professionals. They know how to score a lot better than the garden crowd does.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:09 AM
  #129
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,823
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Biron used to be a starter in NHL for a long and he was just fine. He had great season last year and pick-up this year the same as where he left off. I'm not saying that Scheider is not capable but calling him the best back up, period is incorrect - Biron is at least worthy of consideration.
Well he was the same as he is now; that is incredibly hit-or-miss. All you have to do is look at his history to see that.

Biron is prefect for a backup because he has like 1 atrocious game for every 3 really good ones. But come playoff time you want a starter who can be good every game.

So Biron is much more valuable as a backup than he is as a starter.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:38 AM
  #130
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
There is nothing more frustrating than watching the Powerplay pass and pass and pass with no movement, which we have seen for sooo many years now. Recently it has looked better, but when at the game I still feel like I need to remind them that they have to shoot to score on a Powerplay. In all honesty, the more shots you fire on a PP, the better chance you have to score so telling them to shoot can only help
Look thats not the case, nor has it ever been.

You cannot just take a shot, I mean if the PKer is in front of you its like 95% certain to get blocked.

You hear people yell for shots when D's gets passes behind them and what not lol.

You can defend alot, but the that yelling just cannot be defended lol. Its a tremendous give away that many in the crowed aren't exactly experts...

If anything, people should yell at these guys to pass the puck around better.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:47 AM
  #131
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
there are very few things on the face of this planet more ignorant, obnoxious, and annoying than the "shoot it" cries from the garden fans

its flat out embarrassing to be in the building when it happens

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:51 AM
  #132
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
I just hope the Rangers lock Marty up for 2-3 years after his contract is up. He is the ideal back-up for Hank and he likes playing for the Rangers. Perfect fit for 20-25 games.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 12:04 PM
  #133
kovazub94
Registered User
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Well he was the same as he is now; that is incredibly hit-or-miss. All you have to do is look at his history to see that.

Biron is prefect for a backup because he has like 1 atrocious game for every 3 really good ones. But come playoff time you want a starter who can be good every game.

So Biron is much more valuable as a backup than he is as a starter.
I'm well aware of Biron's pattern as a starter but my point was that he is good enough to be considered the best NHL back-up goalie.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 12:36 PM
  #134
NYRangers09
Registered User
 
NYRangers09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Look thats not the case, nor has it ever been.

You cannot just take a shot, I mean if the PKer is in front of you its like 95% certain to get blocked.

You hear people yell for shots when D's gets passes behind them and what not lol.

You can defend alot, but the that yelling just cannot be defended lol. Its a tremendous give away that many in the crowed aren't exactly experts...

If anything, people should yell at these guys to pass the puck around better.
Haha pass better just doesn't roll off the tongue the same way. But you can argue that our PP is very into passing for the perfect shot instead of trying to get pucks to the net with quick one-timers. I don't think thats an impossible argument to make

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 12:39 PM
  #135
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dirty South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I just hope the Rangers lock Marty up for 2-3 years after his contract is up. He is the ideal back-up for Hank and he likes playing for the Rangers. Perfect fit for 20-25 games.
This.

As long as he is willing to sign the kind of contract we gave him last time, I'm all for it. Give him a little bump to $1M and get him signed for 3 years. He likes it here, and doesn't want to move his family. Sounds like a win-win.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
  #136
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
I'm well aware of Biron's pattern as a starter but my point was that he is good enough to be considered the best NHL back-up goalie.
Who cares? It's not like thats an award you can win or something. He's helping the team and that's all I really care about.


Edit: also, yelling "shoot it!" is not exclusive to Broadway, it happens everywhere.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 12:52 PM
  #137
DrAStuart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
I agree that the shouts of "shoot!" that rise up the minute we have the puck on the PP are more than silly -- they demonstrate a lack of knowledge about the game. And, yeah, it happens in a lot of places...but I'm more forgiving of people in Phoenix not knowing anything about hockey...less so in an original six arena...
And I think the guys have demonstrated a greater degree of control over the puck during the PP than last year when it seemed like they rarely got into a position to even think about taking a shot.
But the last couple of games I thought they tended to be a little too static once they got the puck. If there's no shooting lane for anybody then you either have to move or make the other guys move...and that's what hasn't happened enough in the last couple of games.
Still I think they're better in terms of possession and control than they were, but it is clearly still a work in progress. They need to be confident enough to get more creative and to know when to take some calculated chances in order to get a shot or a good rebound.
Watching them the last few games, though, I think it will come...

Of course, if Avery were given PP time then all would be solved, cuz his presence will (it has been reported) solve all of our woes....sorry, couldn't resist :LOL

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:03 PM
  #138
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
whats ironic is the fact that a big problem with our powerplay is taking bad shots that are blocked or miss the net wich leads to turnovers and the other team getting the puck out of the zone

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:13 PM
  #139
kovazub94
Registered User
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
This.

As long as he is willing to sign the kind of contract we gave him last time, I'm all for it. Give him a little bump to $1M and get him signed for 3 years. He likes it here, and doesn't want to move his family. Sounds like a win-win.
It was an over-the-board reaction for his SO by all the Rangers - shows how much he is well liked by all of his teammates. Contract extention should be a no-brainer from the Rangers perspective but I wonder what Biron is thinking (ie. if he wants to try to be a starter in the NHL again).

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
  #140
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
There is nothing more frustrating than watching the Powerplay pass and pass and pass with no movement, which we have seen for sooo many years now. Recently it has looked better, but when at the game I still feel like I need to remind them that they have to shoot to score on a Powerplay. In all honesty, the more shots you fire on a PP, the better chance you have to score so telling them to shoot can only help
Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:18 PM
  #141
kovazub94
Registered User
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Who cares? It's not like thats an award you can win or something. He's helping the team and that's all I really care about.

Who cares? I guess it's not a big deal but have you heard of "recognition by peers"? Biron's been outstanding as the Rangers back up it should be at least acknowledged on the national hockey network.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:28 PM
  #142
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Who cares? I guess it's not a big deal but have you heard of "recognition by peers"? Biron's been outstanding as the Rangers back up it should be at least acknowledged on the national hockey network.
My advice to you would then be dont watch any shows or don't read anything from Canadian media if you are looking for people to lap praise on the Rangers.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 02:14 PM
  #143
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 116
About the whole Shoot It thing on the powerplay, it is extremely annoying and unneccesary. They are looking to open up the defense and get the goalie moving around so they can take a high percentage shot.

Also the players can not even hear them screaming at them when they are on the ice. Idk about anyone else, but when I am on the ice I can not hear anything except my teammates.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
  #144
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Oh snap, we got a tie for 2nd star!

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
  #145
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
there are very few things on the face of this planet more ignorant, obnoxious, and annoying than the "shoot it" cries from the garden fans

its flat out embarrassing to be in the building when it happens
Could not possibly agree more.

Generally I'd like to think Rangers fans are pretty educated about hockey. I guess with any group of 17,000 + your gonna get some lunk heads who will just never get it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 03:31 PM
  #146
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,655
vCash: 500
Awards:
FWIW, every arena that I've ever been to has had tons of people yelling "Shooooot!" when the home team is on a PP. Doesn't excuse the idiocy, but it's not something unique to our fans.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 03:51 PM
  #147
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Could not possibly agree more.

Generally I'd like to think Rangers fans are pretty educated about hockey. I guess with any group of 17,000 + your gonna get some lunk heads who will just never get it.
Alcohol is probably a culprit as well (not just at MSG, obviously).

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 03:54 PM
  #148
Tanner Glass
Tanner 'C'lass GOAT
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,537
vCash: 50
I think we should start screaming "Move!" in an attempt to convert idiots

Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
  #149
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer
 
Whoot Whoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
You guys are so uppity if you get on other fans for saying shoot. Most of the time its warranted. Plus we are all tainted from the late 90's early 00's overpassing teams.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 04:37 PM
  #150
Pugs35
Registered User
 
Pugs35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
I hate the shouting too, but it does seem to happen everywhere.

Do people go to Yankees games and tell Jeter to swing?

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.