HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filatov + 4th line = WHY?

Old
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
coladin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
I dont know, Filatov looked like was quite happy on the bench when Michalek/Spezza (cant remember which goal it was) scored on the SO against the Sabres.

His time will come.

Not sure why you think of him as snobby Coladin?
I get a vibe from him like : "I am a 1st rounder, I should be playing with Spezza but I am on the 4th line and will play like a 4th liner". Safe and not noticeable at all.

Instead you have a guy like Daugavins who used the 4th line ice time to make himself noticed by the coaches. To me it is night and day. If you have skill and desire, he should have been off that line with those minutes by now. I don't see the desire. I seea miffed hockey player who sulks on the ice and indifferent play.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
... I seea miffed hockey player who sulks on the ice and indifferent play.
I don't see this at all.

I see him being a good team player. He needs to get a bit more aggressive with the puck.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Senateurs
Let's win it all

Well he' just been sent back to Bingo

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 10:58 AM
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Quote:
@SensChirp
SensChirp
As expected @NHL_Sens have sent forward Nikita Filatov back to Binghamton. Didn't get much of a shot on this call up. #Sens
Not too surprising with how little he's been playing I suppose

SenatorsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Senateurs
Let's win it all

Didn't get much of a chance but the few times he was in a position to make a play, he waited to much and lost the puck. It was very frustrating to watch on Friday and Saturday

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:14 AM
KarlSen

Best thing for him. Potential or not, the Sens got a #6 overall pick for a 3rd rounder because the young man has a number of things to work out before becoming a NHLer. His development has stalled at a non-NHL level and the Sens are trying to see if it can be kick-started. If not, he will play in Europe where there is more space and time for him.

As far as the criticism about Mclean in this thread, I don't see that being justified in any shape or form. Mclean has veterans playing better then they have for the last few years, and is getting the best out of the young guys, with a winning style of hockey. He has a lot of experience with Russian players, and I trust his judgement on how to handle Filatov.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
L'Aveuglette

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
Didn't get much of a chance but the few times he was in a position to make a play, he waited to much and lost the puck. It was very frustrating to watch on Friday and Saturday
I was on the side of all those who think he hasn't gotten a proper chance to display his speed and skill, but I made a point of watching him more closely his last two games and he just didn't do much at all. Minimum effort and creativity. Not awful mind you, but not enough to justify keeping him with the big club when others can take his spot and actually give 110%.

Hope he figures it all out in Bingo.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 12:12 PM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Seems like he and KK have hit it off so Bingo is likely the best place for him to better learn the North American game and get his confidence back.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 12:17 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Nobody can say about me I am his hater but better than be in the fourth line is Kurt Kleinendorst... . Btw I think Ottawa did not want to call him yet only for injuries he was called.

If Arniel is fired I hope KK comes to us... .

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:29 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Nobody can say about me I am his hater but better than be in the fourth line is Kurt Kleinendorst... . Btw I think Ottawa did not want to call him yet only for injuries he was called.

If Arniel is fired I hope KK comes to us... .
Slightly off topic, but I have to say, every time I see someone refer to Kleinendorst as "KK", I get this huge wave of relief that the word "Coach" isn't spelled with a "K"...

Also, and more on-topic, ANYONE is better than Arniel right now in Columbus. I was sitting right next to the player's bench here in Ottawa during that comeback (Michalek's goal with 2.5 seconds left), and it was abundantly clear after Ottawa tied the game that Arniel has completely lost that team. Sens tied it, and it was like the players could not give two f**ks about what he was saying.

Mt-Svk, just be happy you dodged the "Hitchcock Bullet". I can't imagine a worse "solution" for the 'Jackets problems than him.

... also, you can't have Kleinendorst.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:35 PM
JonnyMacSen
2nd round Chlapik!

hehe...Some-one needs to post this on his Formspring account

JonnyMacSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Iamok
#Panic

I will not approve of KK going to CBJ and leaving Bingo. Am I totally selfish? Absolutely.

Iamok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 04:22 PM
SENATOR

Filatov is not involved in the physical play against boards. He is not physically competing, because he is afraid to get hit. He has to get over this. He has to mature physically and learn how to take a hit. How to play along the boards, how to get open. He looks lost on the ice and needs Bingo time.

SENATOR is offline   Reply With Quote