HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 13 vs. Winnipeg Jets

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 6 3.73%
Marty Biron 128 79.50%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 4 2.48%
Michael Del Zotto 9 5.59%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Ruslan Fedotenko 6 3.73%
Marian Gaborik 131 81.37%
Dan Girardi 6 3.73%
Ryan McDonagh 3 1.86%
Brandon Prust 0 0%
Brad Richards 2 1.24%
Michael Sauer 1 0.62%
Derek Stepan 154 95.65%
Other 2 1.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-07-2011, 04:49 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
You guys are so uppity if you get on other fans for saying shoot. Most of the time its warranted. Plus we are all tainted from the late 90's early 00's overpassing teams.
Not when tons of people are yelling shoot from behind the net, when five people are in the shooting lane, and when there's an obvious pass to be made.

The fans at MSG yell shoot as soon as the puck gets in the zone on a PP and will not stop until the puck is cleared or in the net. It's out of control.

11-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Not when tons of people are yelling shoot from behind the net, when five people are in the shooting lane, and when there's an obvious pass to be made.

The fans at MSG yell shoot as soon as the puck gets in the zone on a PP and will not stop until the puck is cleared or in the net. It's out of control.
Some people just don't get it. I've heard it within seconds of the PP being set up. I don't think some fans can grasp that there are actually set plays designed to open up shooting lanes, screen the goalies, specifically for different shooters etc. Its like as soon as the point man touches the puck, it has to result in a shot. Often you will hear boo's reign down if the team doesn't score on PP even if they have the lead. Sorry, I just don't get that. I understand the right to boo, paying customers etc. At times I would almost agree. 5 game losing streak or something. But...its all too often just not warranted and not good in general for the team in which you support.

I almost wish MSG would do a PP tutorial on it on a pregame.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I almost wish MSG would do a PP tutorial on it on a pregame.
That would be great. Have Arty conduct the tutorial dressed in a Professors out fit. Glasses, jacket w/elbow patches, pointer, the whole nine. His broken English would be perfect.

It would be a really funny way to poke some fun at some fans who could really use it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I'm sure it was discussed several pages back when it transpired, but who else thought the Burmistrov hit on Girardi was a clear case of interference? Girardi wasn't even within a full stick's length of the puck at the moment he was hit... I was surprised not to hear a peep out of Micheletti about the hit...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I'm sure it was discussed several pages back when it transpired, but who else thought the Burmistrov hit on Girardi was a clear case of interference? Girardi wasn't even within a full stick's length of the puck at the moment he was hit... I was surprised not to hear a peep out of Micheletti about the hit...
Might be similar reasoning as the koivo and kronwall hit.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
That would be great. Have Arty conduct the tutorial dressed in a Professors out fit. Glasses, jacket w/elbow patches, pointer, the whole nine. His broken English would be perfect.

It would be a really funny way to poke some fun at some fans who could really use it.
Lol...Love it! He's be the perfect guy for it.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
if thats a penalty, then this is a penalty.

cant have it both ways.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote