HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wolski out 4 Weeks; Sports Hernia Surgery

Old
11-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
Is there a difference between a sports hernia and a hernia?

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 06:02 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
How much of this can be contributed to Torts comment to the media about him being in the tub? WW most likely rushed back before his groin was ready to just get the coach off his back. I thought the Staal thing would teach this team something but I guess not.
Is a sports hernia really a side effect of skating on a sore groin?

Your post sounds like a typical angry fan trying to blame anything on the coach he doesn't like....though my medical knowledge certainly isn't up to par and I could be wrong

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 06:07 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Is there a difference between a sports hernia and a hernia?
http://orthopedics.about.com/od/spor...s/a/hernia.htm

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 06:11 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Groin pain is a sympthom of sports hernia. It is also known as Gilmores groin. There are only two possible treatments. Either rest and relaxation for an extended period of time or surgery.

I'm no Tortorella hater, but if his remarks indeed pushed W2 out of the tub prematurely, that migth be the reason he's having surgery in stead of just relaxing in the tub for a couple of weeks.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 06:23 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Does Mitchell have to clear re-entry waiver?

He has played some NHL-games for Toronto I believe?
Yep, he played probably his best game ever against us. Relevant part starting at 4:00 (no not Rozsival and Voros, riiiiight after...)

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Yep, he played probably his best game ever against us. Relevant part starting at 4:00 (no not Rozsival and Voros, riiiiight after...)

another player that gets his first nhl goal vs the rangers

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:19 AM
DrAStuart

Yeah, I'm sure this is all Torts' fault because, ya know, no player on that team has ever heard their coach say something to the media that is less than flattering ...so I'm sure he broke down in tears when he heard and immediately went back out to play while injured so that he wouldn't have to endure any more of those completely uncharacteristic remarks from the coach...
I suspect it had nothing to do with WW being a professional athlete or anything...ya know, a guy with a strong competitive spirit who wants to do his job on the team and might push himself to go back faster than he should because its sorta like his job to be out there...
And there is absolutely no possibility that he went back out there with the trainers, the medical staff, the coach and himself thinking that he was fine...only to have it reinjured when he got smooshed between two opponents on the boards...that just can't be the explanation.
It has to be the coach's fault...he should be fired...

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
Is a sports hernia really a side effect of skating on a sore groin?

Your post sounds like a typical angry fan trying to blame anything on the coach he doesn't like....though my medical knowledge certainly isn't up to par and I could be wrong
What part of my post came off as angry? I simply pointed something out that wasn't mentioned yet in this thread. The fact is Wolski has been nursing this injury since camp, Torts did make that stupid comment, and Wolski knows he does not have a solid grasp on a top six spot. To me that adds up to the playing making a poor decision on if he was ready or not.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote