HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filatov recalled/sent down thread (Called Up, Nov 26)

Old
11-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Canuckman44

vCash: 500
IMO Filatov walks before the end of the season. He sees the logjam for next year and "will want to get out of dodge."

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:31 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
IMO Filatov walks before the end of the season. He sees the logjam for next year and "will want to get out of dodge."
lol folitov has more potential than anyone but 9MM GOD and Spezza, he knows it and he;s not going anywere he's only 21 and he's better than 25 year olds on our team he'll make they just want a little more seasoning.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:35 PM
SensFactor

He was a top pick in the draft, personally, if he doesn't show improvement in his play (and trust me he'll get his chance before this season is out), I see him walking or being trade as part of a package to another team. Columbus gave up on him, and I don't expect Ottawa to do the same but there will be a decision made at the end of the year on his status which I hope is positive.

SensFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Flamingo

Any more than three call-ups, and it'll be bad for the environment. Are they using a limo for Filatov too, or is that just for in-state call-ups?

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
...cool story bro

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 10:12 PM
salomonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Filatov has been "tight and tentative" during his stints in Ottawa. Needs to gain confidence. MacLean says Filatov has been a dangerous and creative player down in Binghamton and needs to be that player in the NHL. Says it might take a few more trips before he's that kind of player.
Exactly, everything is about the process for McLean.

salomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 10:50 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

I trust the organization with Filatov. Limited minutes in the NHL so he's not overexposed and can focus on specific parts of his game, plenty of time in the AHL to bring his game and work the confidence.

11-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Philoops
Summer Can Distract

Filatov has to work hard to make the team, he looks like the kind of person that has everything handed to him.

Philoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:34 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieforever11 View Post
Filatov has to work hard to make the team, he looks like the kind of person that has everything handed to him.
Hmm... let me check that out...

Woah, yeah! I never saw that before! You're totally right, he has that tell-tale "I've had everything given to me" smirk on his face, and the way he parts his hair in the middle of his forehead, instead of at a 1/4 point, reeks of always getting his own way.

And don't even get me started on Filatov's phrenology. He has the brain-pan of an aristocrat!

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:46 AM
HappyDude
Fire Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieforever11 View Post
God handed him skill. Now someone just needs to hand him a goal.

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
I know its a small proportion of the fanbase that thinks like this, but I have never understood why everyone thinks Filatov is so emotionally fragile.

This is like saying the next time you have a job interview, and you find out there are a few more people being interviewed, you should just walk and "will want to get out of dodge."

Competition is healthy - Filatov should be fighting to be better than the other guys who want roster spots.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:45 AM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.
True Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:49 AM
HappyDude
Fire Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
I know its a small proportion of the fanbase that thinks like this, but I have never understood why everyone thinks Filatov is so emotionally fragile.

This is like saying the next time you have a job interview, and you find out there are a few more people being interviewed, you should just walk and "will want to get out of dodge."

Competition is healthy - Filatov should be fighting to be better than the other guys who want roster spots.
The Kovalev paint hasn't dried yet.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:52 AM
JustinYS

I'm encouraged by the words of Maclean. It should be fine.

JustinYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:54 AM
bruins seguin 19*

need a different point of view.

hi sens fans just wanted your view on the kessel trade so far . i just want different views from different fans on how this trade has panned out for both teams leafs and bruins. the trade in case you forgot was kessel for seguin , knight and dougie hamilton.

thanks sens fans , hope you guys make the playoffs this year would love a playoff matchup with you guys.

bruins seguin 19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
Any more than three call-ups, and it'll be bad for the environment. Are they using a limo for Filatov too, or is that just for in-state call-ups?
I believe that there's always a car service between Ottawa and Bingo. Some call it a limo. I presume it's so the player doesn't have to drive himself (6 hours?), and can be comfortable on the trip. Quite often players are called up on gameday, so the easier the trip is on them the better.

I'm more encouraged by the Maclean's words, than I am with the 'he's a bust', 'he'll give up' attitude on here. There was some guy in my row chirping on him everytime he was on the ice Saturday, and I actually thought he had some good shifts in the first.

He needs to go down get familiar with playing with a level of confidence that he does in the A, and then bring that back up. It sounds like they have spoken to him, and I'm sure he knows what he needs to do. This club is a long way from giving up on him.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:03 AM
HappyDude
Fire Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins seguin 19 View Post
hi sens fans just wanted your view on the kessel trade so far . i just want different views from different fans on how this trade has panned out for both teams leafs and bruins. the trade in case you forgot was kessel for seguin , knight and dougie hamilton.

thanks sens fans , hope you guys make the playoffs this year would love a playoff matchup with you guys.
The fact that the leafs gave away a 2nd and 9th overall kills it. If the team had not sucked so bad and those picks ended up being 11 and 14 or something, it would be more defendable. But as it worked out the bruins cashed in big time. Plus the 2nd rounder helps too.
Kessel is skilled but Seguin will be better.

Old
11-08-2011, 10:12 AM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.
True Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:22 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:

Well, trading a 3rd round pick for Filatov was not a huge price to pay. Little risk, possible great reward.

That is the trade you're talking about in this Filatov thread isn't it?

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:27 AM
topshelf15

Quote:

Yeah just seguin for kessel is going to look ,pretty bad for the leafs ,add in the other two and its just plain robbery

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Quote:
PSBJoyOnTheSens Joy Lindsay
Everyone on the ice now, including Nikita Filatov, who is joking around with Robin Lehner and doesn't look unhappy to be here. #BSens #Sens
Good to hear. As it has been stated, I am sure the organization talked to him before sending him down to let him know what's going on. Hopefully this will cooldown the"Filatov is a bust/flight risk" talk.

SenatorsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Rooverick*

Keep him down there for as long as is needed, but the next time you bring him up, give him top two linemates and playing time for 5 games and see if his confidence improves.

Rooverick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins seguin 19* View Post

Seguin for Kessel longterm is a win for you guys on it's own...even if Kessel scores 50 goals. Seguin will make more differences all over the ice and make his teammates better.

Then you have 6'5 lurch scoring 1.5/g point pace in the O at 18.

That and, Kessel is a bit of a dud character wise.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
The Kovalev paint hasn't dried yet.
Other than the fact that they are both Russian, I don't see any similarities between Kovalev and Filatov. Am I missing something?

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
coladin

MacLean pretty much reinforced what I thought about Filatov. Apprehensive, tentative, scared to screw up. Love how Steve Loyd didn't even get a chance to finish his sentence when asked about giving a spot or earning it, even with openings in the lineup. "He's gotta earn it" McLean cut him off and when on to say that he has not earned it and that is why he needs to go down and come back a player who will be ready to do more.

he's got talent but he skates on eggshells and shoots from just inside the bluline, like WTF?

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote