HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Judge orders CA-Wang case closed

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2011, 11:14 PM
  #1
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 500
Judge orders CA-Wang case closed

A federal district court judge has closed the door on one of the final lawsuits stemming from the former Computer Associates massive accounting fraud scandal, in a decision that also frees founder Charles Wang from a potential $500 million claim by his former company.

In a ruling dated Friday, senior U.S. District Judge Thomas Platt Jr. ordered the case closed after more than seven years of arguments and appeals and said the Islandia-based company, renamed CA Technologies, and its board were partly to blame for the deficiencies in its case.

"I am pleased that the court has put an end to this sad chapter in CA's history," Wang, who owns the Islanders, said in a statement Monday. "There was no basis for these claims against me."



http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...1.3303647?qr=1


So more money for NYI's payroll - yeah right!

Mods, I'm too tired to see if this was mentioned in another thread but if so, do your stuff.

In a side note, RIP to Smokin Joe Frazier and his left hook. When he beat Ali and his mouth a hero was made to many.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:19 AM
  #2
HookeyPookey*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
In short it amazes me how Wang got away with what he did. I am sure his associate in jail is amazed also.

In conclusion I don't really care. I was about to accuse him of not spending money but since he is 'apparently' losing money why doesnt he sell? Why persist?

HookeyPookey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:02 AM
  #3
steveat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,798
vCash: 500
I mentioned before that I work with a guy that was with CA for a while before he left. He says Wang is crooked all to hell and that the reason he never ended up in jail is because he has quite the connections in politics.

He also told me about Neulion. When Wang left CA, he basically hired all the major developers from CA to develop Neulion so CA had to start all over again.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:39 AM
  #4
MTK
Registered User
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Islip
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
I mentioned before that I work with a guy that was with CA for a while before he left. He says Wang is crooked all to hell and that the reason he never ended up in jail is because he has quite the connections in politics.

He also told me about Neulion. When Wang left CA, he basically hired all the major developers from CA to develop Neulion so CA had to start all over again.
He never had an email address at CA and had one on one meetings so they couldn't use any of that against him. He was a shady smart guy in that sense. They couldn't gather enough information against him

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:43 AM
  #5
Brunomics
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medford
Country: United States
Posts: 5,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
I mentioned before that I work with a guy that was with CA for a while before he left. He says Wang is crooked all to hell and that the reason he never ended up in jail is because he has quite the connections in politics.
He also told me about Neulion. When Wang left CA, he basically hired all the major developers from CA to develop Neulion so CA had to start all over again.
Gotta love how all those connections and he still can't get an arena done!

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:15 AM
  #6
IslesArchieFan
Oh Cptn, My Cptn
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Gotta love how all those connections and he still can't get an arena done!
He used up all his favors to stay out of jail instead of building an arena.

IslesArchieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 04:04 PM
  #7
HookeyPookey*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Gotta love how all those connections and he still can't get an arena done!
First thing that came to mind, there's a life lesson for you folks, everything digital can be kept as a record and if you're a shady fella your best to conduct your business at fancy restaurants where it turns into a he said she said scenario. Wang's a gangster!

HookeyPookey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 04:50 PM
  #8
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!
 
Dutch Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,597
vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookeyPookey View Post
First thing that came to mind, there's a life lesson for you folks, everything digital can be kept as a record and if you're a shady fella your best to conduct your business at fancy restaurants where it turns into a he said she said scenario. Wang's a gangster!
I was really hoping that it wouldn't be thrown out.. it would of given Bettman all the ammo he needed to dump Wang. I love what Selig did with Frank McCourt. I really hope that Bettman steps in and takes over the Islanders and forces Wang to sell the team in the interests of the game.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 04:55 PM
  #9
TheBoss22
Registered User
 
TheBoss22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
I was really hoping that it wouldn't be thrown out.. it would of given Bettman all the ammo he needed to dump Wang. I love what Selig did with Frank McCourt. I really hope that Bettman steps in and takes over the Islanders and forces Wang to sell the team in the interests of the game.
If Bettman steps in, then the NHL would have to pay the operating expenses of the NYI. I don't think the other NHL owners want to chip in for Yashin's buyout.

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 05:14 PM
  #10
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!
 
Dutch Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,597
vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss22 View Post
If Bettman steps in, then the NHL would have to pay the operating expenses of the NYI. I don't think the other NHL owners want to chip in for Yashin's buyout.
Its only temporary until an owner is found to take over the team. What ever happened to Nelson Peltz?

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 05:20 PM
  #11
TheBoss22
Registered User
 
TheBoss22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Its only temporary until an owner is found to take over the team. What ever happened to Nelson Peltz?
Exactly! What happened to him?

Also, didn't Peltz want to buy the Islanders on the cheap?

To get the team away from Wang, one would have to overpay (i.e. Quebec City).

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:18 PM
  #12
islandersfan1677
Registered User
 
islandersfan1677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: jungleland
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss22 View Post
Exactly! What happened to him?

Also, didn't Peltz want to buy the Islanders on the cheap?

To get the team away from Wang, one would have to overpay (i.e. Quebec City).
Peltz is to busy making Wendys go all retro on the world

islandersfan1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:10 AM
  #13
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss22 View Post
If Bettman steps in, then the NHL would have to pay the operating expenses of the NYI. I don't think the other NHL owners want to chip in for Yashin's buyout.
It'd be cheaper than running the Coyotes.

Peltz probably was interested and Wang has probably chased him away. He probably still thinks he can use all the public land and make bank. (and run a team on a $25-30M payroll)

It's getting embarrassing, but if the economy turns around, and Wang finally has enough, IT IS NY. WE HAVE SOME BILLIONAIRES HERE AND THERE I HEAR.

There's always hope. It's what being an Isles fan is all about. Hope and a bucket to empty afterwards.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.