HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Injury Talk: Gill out Saturday/Markov not back before California trip

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2011, 09:40 AM
EveryDay

vCash: 500
Campoli is back on the ice!!!!!

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/608644/posts/125359

With Campoli and Markov back and Gomez also, the only one missing will be White...

Old
11-08-2011, 09:41 AM
7th Player

Expect Emelin back in the line-up tonight if Kostitsyn is not ready to go.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
Our new enigmatic Russian winger? Hmm...

Old
11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Personally I'm looking forward to Gomez being back. We need help at center and especially on draws. Really happy about Markov returning. Can't wait to see what we look like with his contribution. Certainly won't hurt the powerplay. Bodies are starting to come back. Hopefully nothing too serious with AK. Also hope White comes back soon too we need that spark plug.
Finally someone who gets it !!! Of course this team will only be better with Gomer in the lineup. And don't forget Campoli who is skating this am.

Old
11-08-2011, 10:23 AM
7th Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Our new enigmatic Russian winger? Hmm...
Always need to have at least one in the lineup

Old
11-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Always need to have at least one in the lineup
I'm thinking Weber will be the 12th forward and Emelin will be back on D

Old
11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I'm thinking Weber will be the 12th forward and Emelin will be back on D
Yup, tonight we will see one of these 2 lineups..

Eller - Gomez - Moen
Darche - Nokelainen - Blunden

or

Weber - Eller - Moen

nvm..apparently Weber is on the 4th line and Emelin playing D. So i guess Darche - Eller - Moen ??

I'd be pissed if I was Weber..

Old
11-08-2011, 11:05 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Finally someone who gets it !!! Of course this team will only be better with Gomer in the lineup. And don't forget Campoli who is skating this am.
Not sure if serious. Despite being third in ATOI for forwards last year, Gomer is stretching a 42 game goalless streak that dates back to February, and sits dead last in +/- by almost a two-to-one margin.

Plus we just won four of five when he was out of the lineup. What's the reasoning for your statement above?

Old
11-08-2011, 11:18 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Not sure if serious. Despite being third in ATOI for forwards last year, Gomer is stretching a 42 game goalless streak that dates back to February, and sits dead last in +/- by almost a two-to-one margin.

Plus we just won four of five when he was out of the lineup. What's the reasoning for your statement above?
Of course i am serious. And yes he is way better the Deharnais. People around here are so damn silly. I shouldn't have to justify why Gomez is a better player than say Deharnais, unless you just haven't a single clue about hockey.

Old
11-08-2011, 11:21 AM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Of course i am serious. And yes he is way better the Deharnais. People around here are so damn silly.
You can't be serious.

Old
11-08-2011, 11:23 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Of course i am serious. And yes he is way better the Deharnais. People around here are so damn silly. I shouldn't have to justify why Gomez is a better player than say Deharnais, unless you just haven't a single clue about hockey.
I'll bite -- let's say I haven't a single clue about hockey. Why is it that the Habs "will only be better with Gomez"?

Old
11-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He should be dressed regardless. It's ridiculous to bring a young d-man over, have him play well and then sit him for 3 weeks at a time.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:07 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He should be dressed regardless. It's ridiculous to bring a young d-man over, have him play well and then sit him for 3 weeks at a time.
Welcome to the Jacques Martin world of motivation and development.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post

I hope he is so pissed off that when he gets his chance at D again (and that will come), he will be more consistent in his own end, and not become the turnover machine that some people seem to somehow overlook.

Whether you agree or not with me (re: Weber) a second year "tweener" like Weber has to do more than earn his ice time, he has to OBVIOUSLY steal it away from another player, leave no doubt in the coaches mind.

** "tweener" = a 1/2 D in the AHL, 6/7th in the NHL...somewhere inbetween those two.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:46 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

so what's wrong with AK?

Old
11-08-2011, 03:23 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

So when will Markov be getting back to practicing?

Old
11-08-2011, 03:25 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
so what's wrong with AK?
Lower body injury is all I've heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
So when will Markov be getting back to practicing?
I wouldn't be surprised to see him start practicing with the team by late next week.

Old
11-08-2011, 03:29 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

I wouldn't be surprised to see him start practicing with the team by late next week.
Wonder how long he'll be practicing for.

My birthday is December 8th and they'll be playing the Nucks at home that night. That'd be pretty sweet

Old
11-08-2011, 03:34 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I hope he is so pissed off that when he gets his chance at D again (and that will come), he will be more consistent in his own end, and not become the turnover machine that some people seem to somehow overlook.

Whether you agree or not with me (re: Weber) a second year "tweener" like Weber has to do more than earn his ice time, he has to OBVIOUSLY steal it away from another player, leave no doubt in the coaches mind.

** "tweener" = a 1/2 D in the AHL, 6/7th in the NHL...somewhere inbetween those two.
you're the only one thinking he isnt more than a 6th or 7th D (NHL), even coaches dont see him that way...

2nd in points among our D, 2nd in +/-, 3rd TOI/G, our only D with PP goals, best shooting %...

in all these categories he's better than Emelin, Subban and Diaz...

Old
11-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

Not sure where you see Weber as a turnover machine, he is an excellent puck mover...probably #2 behind Markov on the team and ahead of PK.

Old
11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Yup, tonight we will see one of these 2 lineups..

Eller - Gomez - Moen

or

Weber - Eller - Moen

nvm..apparently Weber is on the 4th line and Emelin playing D. So i guess Darche - Eller - Moen ??

I sure hope not. If it was long term, sure, but even then. The fact is he's shown progress as a winger and because he's being used on the PP he gets more minutes than a 4th line winger does. He's versatile, and long term the role he's being asked to play is one that worked out very well indeed for Streit on the FA market. Dandenault too, although he was limited in both roles.

He's a young undersized D competing for a lucrative job in an elite league. If I were him I'd be happy each and every time I was put in the lineup. Of course he'd rather play D, but the fact they're moving him to wing isn't entirely an insult, it's also a sign of respect from the coaches that not just anyone can do that job as well as he can.

Old
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM
la25ecoupe

Damn why no AK

Old
11-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
"we're stuck in a hole, what can we do?"

"Shut up and keep digging!"

when the stats say one thing, (DD .61ppg, Gomez .17ppg)

observations say the same thing (increasing consensus that DD > Gomez)

and the coach demonstrates his feelings via ice time allocation, which reflects the same thing (DD- 17min/game, Gomez 15min/game... though 6th game injury dropped that toi/game a bit)

i guess the choice is to either accept one was wrong, or call the rest of the world "damn silly" and persist with a belief that flies in the face of all other rational interpretations.

let me know when the shovel breaks, I think there are 2-3 other posters around here who would love to help you keep diggin

Old
11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Jigger77

Miller you're looking at it wrong. It's not that Gomez is "better" or "worse" than DD or Eller. I really wouldn't get down to arguing that myself. It's the same thing as Spacek not being better than Subban or Gorges yet when he came back our defense improved noticeably. It's that a hockey team needs a blend of a lot of things and the presence of a veteran who has been through the hoops before helps calm things, takes pressure off guys and just helps share the load. It's good to have the young guys who are all piss and vinegar but you need that veteran presence to rein that in and keep the highs and lows tempered. These guys have seen pretty much every game situation in the NHL over the years and they are both guys who young players have expressed helped them personally on some level. They help calm down and focus a hockey team and that translates to confidence and good execution as a group. I said this in one of my last posts but again, guys like Gomez and Spacek don't "steal" young players spots or impede their development. On the contrary they help them become the best NHL players they can by sharing tips, game experience and keeping them on an even keel. In other words you need a blend of veterans and rookies on a hockey team. This is something you hear repeated a lot and there is a reason for that. And that is why the Habs are a better team with everyone healthy including Scott Gomez. You don't want all rookies at the center position.

Now, is there a better option out there? Perhaps. But right now we have to go with the cards we were dealt.

Last edited by Jigger77: 11-08-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old
11-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Campoli is back on the ice!!!!!

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/608644/posts/125359

With Campoli and Markov back and Gomez also, the only one missing will be White...
Campoli's skating!! Great news!! (thanks).

Timeframe for Campoli...maybe a few weeks away?

Markov...end of November? Early December?

Gomez...very soon. Good. We need him out there as 2nd center (or 2b).
DD as 2nd center...nope (only if Gomez and/or Eller are injured). Prefer DD as winger. Eller is way more suited for 2nd center or 3rd center.

Cammi-Pleks-Cole
Moen/DD-Gomez-Gionta (small line but could be dangerous!)
DD/Moen-Eller-A.Kosts
Darche-Nokia-Blunden/Weber/Diaz

Spacek/Gill - Subban
Campoli - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Weber
Diaz

Closed Thread