HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2011, 09:08 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
Friday Night In The NCAA

Western Michigan 3 Michigan 2

Mac Bennett with a goal tonight and Greg Pateryn with 2 assists in Michigan's 3-2 Loss to Western Michigan.

Bennett now has 1 goal and 7 assists in 9 games and Pateryn has 2 goals and 6 assists in 9 games, not bad for a 3rd rounder in 08 and a 5th from Toronto in 09. Hopefully both or even 1 can make it to the show.

Northeastern 1 Merrimack 1

Steve Quailer picked up another assist tonight in Northeastern's 1-1 tie against Merrimack. He now has a respectable goal and 3 assists in 4 games, much better so far this season after last seasons disappointing year, but he was returning from a serious knee injury so he gets a pass in my book.

Dartmouth 5 Quinnipiac 4

Dustin Walsh scored a goal bringing his yearly total to 3 points in 3 games, 1 goal and 2 assists.

Minnesota 2 North Dakota 2

A disapointing evening for Kristo and MacMillan as North Dakota gets shut out.

Minnesota-Duluth 3 Denver 2

The surprise of the year Scott Kishel who only played 7 entire games last year and had 1 single assist doubled his 10-11 output by scoring a goal and an assist in the Bulldgos 3-2 victory over the Pioneers. Kishel now has 1 goal and 5 assists for an impressive 6 points in 9 games. Josiah Didier did not record a point in the loss for Denver.

Go Habs Go folks! 4 in a roww! but still......Jacques gotta go!
Pretty sure it's 2-0 for Minny not 2-2. Thanks for the update.

Old
11-05-2011, 12:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched 3 games last night/today. Saw Bennett, Pateryn, Kristo, MacMillan, Kishel and Didier.

Michigan vs Western Michigan- Bennett and Pateryn were split up but did play together on the PK. Bennett looked solid at both ends, was on the top PK and 2nd PP unit. Used his speed to jump into the play twice, once the opposing D man made a heck of a play to knock it off his stick just as he was going in on a breakaway. The next was a nice play by Bennett but more of a weak goal for the goalie to let in.

Pateryn played great, likely the best I've ever seen of him play. He had 3 big hits, and looks very confident and poised out there. Was solid at both ends of the ice, is one of the leaders (as he should be since he's a Senior and wears an A) Too bad that Michigan had to lose late in the game, was a fun game to watch.

While not dressed this year, Mike Cichy's team looked really good with Andy Murray behind the bench, should bode well for him next season. A undrafted FA to watch out for is his teammate Danny Dekeyser, big defensemen that looked good all night.

North Dakota vs Minnesota- Not the best night but was an entertaining game. MacMillan was back on the top line with Kristo but they faced a hot goalie again and just couldn't get anything to go. Hopefully MacMillan puts some weight on as he clearly gets pushed around too easily when facing bigger teams. Hope they can rebound tonight, tough season so far for North Dakota although Free Agent Aarron Dell had his best game of the season and has been good 2 in a row now.

Denver vs UMD- I missed the 1st due to a football game being shown over the hockey game, and I taped the game so I missed the last couple minutes. Didier was the 7th D so he didn't play much, had one nice shot on goal but another play he got beat to the outside that almost resulted in a goal. Didn't play much in the 3rd as it was a tight game. Kishel had easily the best game I've ever seen from him as well since he got his 1st goal ever (didn't see it) but he had a couple chances especially on the PP.

Old
11-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Beaulieu is in tonight versus Baie Comeau...must have been a minor injury!

Old
11-05-2011, 05:43 PM

7pm London vs Erie.

Tinordi vs McGuire 3.0

C'MON TINORDI

Old
11-05-2011, 05:47 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
7pm London vs Erie.

Tinordi vs McGuire 3.0

C'MON TINORDI
**** no. I'd love to see the chump getting beaten to a pulp, but it's not worth the risk and I'm sure coaches told him no fights.

Old
11-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Roulin

Brendan Gallagher with another 2! Now at 16g 10a, not yet done his 15th game.

Edit: adds an assist, now at 16g 11a 27pts in 15gp.

Last edited by Roulin: 11-05-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old
11-05-2011, 11:17 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Tinordi finished a +1 and no fights. On another note, McGuire the *** went headhunting and got kicked out.

Old
11-06-2011, 01:30 AM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Saturday Night In The NCAA

Michigan 5 Western Michigan 2

Pateryn with another 2 assists and Bennett with another goal.

10 pts in 10 games and +9 for Pateryn. Bennett has 9 points in 10 games and is +9.

Dartmouth 5 Princeton 3

Dustin Walsh collects a goal and 2 assists bringing his yearly totals to 6 points in 4 games and a +4.

Minnesota-Duluth 4 Denver 0

Kishel with another assist bringing his yearly totals to 7 points in 10 games and a +4. Didier held scoreless.

Merrimack 3 Northeastern 2 OT

Quailer was held scoreless.

Minnesota 3 North Dakota 2

Kristo and MacMillan held scoreless for the 2nd game in a row.

Last edited by SNM87: 11-06-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old
11-06-2011, 03:28 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Watched 3 games last night/today. Saw Bennett, Pateryn, Kristo, MacMillan, Kishel and Didier.

Michigan vs Western Michigan- Bennett and Pateryn were split up but did play together on the PK. Bennett looked solid at both ends, was on the top PK and 2nd PP unit. Used his speed to jump into the play twice, once the opposing D man made a heck of a play to knock it off his stick just as he was going in on a breakaway. The next was a nice play by Bennett but more of a weak goal for the goalie to let in.

Pateryn played great, likely the best I've ever seen of him play. He had 3 big hits, and looks very confident and poised out there. Was solid at both ends of the ice, is one of the leaders (as he should be since he's a Senior and wears an A) Too bad that Michigan had to lose late in the game, was a fun game to watch.

While not dressed this year, Mike Cichy's team looked really good with Andy Murray behind the bench, should bode well for him next season. A undrafted FA to watch out for is his teammate Danny Dekeyser, big defensemen that looked good all night.

North Dakota vs Minnesota- Not the best night but was an entertaining game. MacMillan was back on the top line with Kristo but they faced a hot goalie again and just couldn't get anything to go. Hopefully MacMillan puts some weight on as he clearly gets pushed around too easily when facing bigger teams. Hope they can rebound tonight, tough season so far for North Dakota although Free Agent Aarron Dell had his best game of the season and has been good 2 in a row now.

Denver vs UMD- I missed the 1st due to a football game being shown over the hockey game, and I taped the game so I missed the last couple minutes. Didier was the 7th D so he didn't play much, had one nice shot on goal but another play he got beat to the outside that almost resulted in a goal. Didn't play much in the 3rd as it was a tight game. Kishel had easily the best game I've ever seen from him as well since he got his 1st goal ever (didn't see it) but he had a couple chances especially on the PP.
Danny Dekeyser is 6'3 193 lbs and former Defenceman of the year for Trail Smoke Eaters.Born March 7th 1990 can be signed anytime.

Old
11-06-2011, 12:11 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

oarchy09 olivier archambault
@oligny55 va te faire foutre mon colon #estidcolon #onestchaudmortasoir
14 hours ago

Exactly the kind of thing I want to read from a prospect!

Old
11-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I'm sure Pageau would've posted a better comeback!

Not gonna lie, c'est pas fort son affaire...

Old
11-06-2011, 12:20 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
oarchy09 olivier archambault
@oligny55 va te faire foutre mon colon #estidcolon #onestchaudmortasoir
14 hours ago

Exactly the kind of thing I want to read from a prospect!
Was probably responding to this:

http://twitter.com/#!/oligny55/statu...79912243019777

Old
11-06-2011, 12:25 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
I don't care about Oligny, he's not a Habs prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I'm sure Pageau would've posted a better comeback!

Not gonna lie, c'est pas fort son affaire...
Archambault is 1/1 in stupid Tweets.

Pageau is 0/32.

I didn't mention it first.

Old
11-06-2011, 02:10 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Brendan Gallagher with another 2! Now at 16g 10a, not yet done his 15th game.

Edit: adds an assist, now at 16g 11a 27pts in 15gp.
Wow, since Gallagher is back playing for the Giants, he's been directly involved with points on 50% of Vancouver's goals scored. I wonder how many goals he's been on the ice for and involved in the play without actually being credited with a point. He's a huge part of the Giants offense.

Old
11-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Wow, since Gallagher is back playing for the Giants, he's been directly involved with points on 50% of Vancouver's goals scored. I wonder how many goals he's been on the ice for and involved in the play without actually being credited with a point. He's a huge part of the Giants offense.
That is a really impressive number! Combined with his training camp, he is looking like a serious, serious prospect. I'm excited to see how he does in the WJC.

Old
11-06-2011, 02:27 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
That is a really impressive number! Combined with his training camp, he is looking like a serious, serious prospect. I'm excited to see how he does in the WJC.
He certainly had the Habs fans behind him during the pre-season games.

Old
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Maverik

While Gallagher's numbers would look good in the NHL, I can't help but notice the 6 guys ahead of him in scoring. His PPG puts him 4th I think. It's good, but it's not like he is ahead of everyone in the league.

Old
11-07-2011, 03:14 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
While Gallagher's numbers would look good in the NHL, I can't help but notice the 6 guys ahead of him in scoring. His PPG puts him 4th I think. It's good, but it's not like he is ahead of everyone in the league.
Who said he was ahead of everybody else in the league? We just said he's having a very good year, and he is... He's actually 5th in PPG, but 2 of the 4 ahead of him are first round draft picks (Etem and Bartschi) and he's one of only two players in the WHL scoring at a clip of above a goal per game average (him and Etem), I think that's pretty damn good.

Last edited by FrankMTL: 11-07-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old
11-07-2011, 03:25 PM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
In a 22-team league where his team has not exactly been a favourite for the 2nd straight year, his production keeping up with the players on better teams is not something to set aside. Vancouver is going to contend for playoffs this season mostly because of him and he's responsible for 29% of their goals since his return from Montreal and had his hand in 49% of their total scoring.

Old
11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
In a little bit of context, he's carrying his team. Tvrdon and Musil are good, but they're supporting cast at best. Portland while they don't have Johansen, they still have the 2 Swiss boys and Morrow/Pouliot on D. Stone is on fire but he's also got Ferland, Poluck and Bertaggia (another awesome Swiss kid). Etem and Sundher are in the same boat as Gals and they look a bit better than him. Etem for sure.

Old
11-07-2011, 03:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Over on the Swedish board, there's a thread on the possible WJC roster, grabbed this comment on Westin who's getting 9:34 per game of ice time on the 4th line.

Quote:
Although he's currently -3 in the plus/minus he has only been on the ice for 4 goals against => 47,8 minutes of ice time / goal against. Which is the best statistic by any forward on Modo.
Some were saying he should be on the team as he brings engergy and grit for the bottom lines, so hopefully he can find his way onto the team next month.

Old
11-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Over on the Swedish board, there's a thread on the possible WJC roster, grabbed this comment on Westin who's getting 9:34 per game of ice time on the 4th line.

Some were saying he should be on the team as he brings engergy and grit for the bottom lines, so hopefully he can find his way onto the team next month.
That would be a great surprise if he ended up making the team.

Have you watched any of Dustin Walsh's games? He is off to a great start so far this year and at 6'3 and a C it's nice to see.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:49 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
That would be a great surprise if he ended up making the team.

Have you watched any of Dustin Walsh's games? He is off to a great start so far this year and at 6'3 and a C it's nice to see.
Yea, would be nice to see Westin at the wjc's, have been wanting to get a look at him as I'm wondering what the Habs plans are for him this summer.

I haven't seen Walsh yet this year as the season just started for him (although Dartmouth is in 1st place in the ECAC for now) but it's my understanding he is playing RW this year.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Yea, would be nice to see Westin at the wjc's, have been wanting to get a look at him as I'm wondering what the Habs plans are for him this summer.

I haven't seen Walsh yet this year as the season just started for him (although Dartmouth is in 1st place in the ECAC for now) but it's my understanding he is playing RW this year.
Also, I've heard he is pretty good in internationnal tournaments IIRC.

Old
11-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Shutdown

Darren Dietz getting some love from Corey Pronman on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/coreypronman

Closed Thread