HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens vs. Edmonton Oilers-7:30pm EST-TSN(habs),RDS,Sportsnet West

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2011, 09:01 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins seguin 19 View Post
hi habs fans just came here to get a different point of view. im just going back to the kessel trade that took place between the leafs and bruins. just wanted your views on the trade and how it has panned out for the leafs and bruins. the trade was kessel for seguin, knight and doug hamilton.

thanks guys hope we see each other in tha playoffs again, last year epic battle was great!
Well... Bruins won the cup without Kessel and got a ton of valuable assets out of it. Then again if the Bruins had Kessel maybe they could win the cup again or would have won the cup anyways without doing that deal.

Honestly I think the general consensus is that Burke is still and idiot, unless Kessel somehow keeps it up and becomes the next Wayne Gretzky suddenly

Old
11-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Roke

This should be a very interesting game for Martin tactically.

Edmonton has been using their lines in a very interesting manner. The Smyth-Horcoff-Jones line gets a tonne of defensive zone faceoffs along with the Belanger line.

Meanwhile, the Kid line has been extremely sheltered, not being used at all in the defensive zone and mostly used for offensive zone faceoffs and on-the-fly line changes. Their extreme offensive usage (and success on the boxcar scoresheet) is being faciliated in large part by the Horcoff line moving the puck out of the defensive zone toward the offensive end.

If the Habs can have the upper-hand territoriality and push the puck towards the Edmonton goal that will really hamper the kid line's effectiveness. It's a shame Gomez isn't back, carrying the puck out of the defensive zone and into the offensive end is his best skill.

Unless the Habs are down a goal,I expect we'll see the Plekanec line with Gorges and Subban matched up against the Horcoff line. If the Habs can pin that line in the zone Oilers' zone the other matchups are pretty favorable. If Kostitsyn is playing the Eller line should be able to play the Belanger line.

I'm pretty confident that Cammalleri-Desharnais-Cole can out-play the kid line if the Desharnais trio doesn't have to start in the defensive zone too often. Cammalleri and Cole are bona-fide 1st-line forwards and with RNH only 18 Desharnais should have an easier time handling him than he has had against veteran top-6 NHL centres.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
No Gomez tonight and Kostitsyn on the ice for morning skate.

Via twitter (renhockey)

Old
11-08-2011, 09:41 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

I hope this team gets all it's injury woes out early and are well rested and healthy come April.

As good as Edmonton looks right now Montreal has a vet laden team that will know how to play these young whipper snappers, it'll be a close one as usual but Habs will come out on top, book it.

Old
11-08-2011, 10:09 AM
peate
Good grief!

This is a must win for us with two road games coming up, we have to get back to .500. I will be very worried if the guys don't show up for this one and it will not bode well for the rest of the season.

Go Habs Go

4-2 final score prediction, Gio with the empty netter.

Old
11-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Protest the Hero

Oilers were my second favourite team to watch growing up, always stayed up late to watch their playoff games, especially remember the ones vs Dallas. To me they were kind of like the Habs of the west.

Should be a fun game to watch tonight, who's reffing btw?

Old
11-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Go Oilers! I love Oil v Habs games. The Habs are the one Canadian team I can cheer for other than the Oil. Flames and Canucks, not a chance. Toronto makes me ill, or at least their obnoxious fans do. Totally 'meh' on the Sens and Jets. So here's hoping Canada's finest can put on a show for all of us...with the Oil coming out on top, of course
The feeling is mutual! One of my favorite teams outside of the habs is the Oilers. Drafted some young clutch players! How can you hate a Taylor Hall, Eberle or Nuge! Surrounded them with vets like Smyth and Horcoff... the future looks bright! After tonight I want them to win all their games

Old
11-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
I finally get my net and satellite hooked up annnnd I have to work until 9. Go figure.

Old
11-08-2011, 10:27 AM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Oilers were my second favourite team to watch growing up, always stayed up late to watch their playoff games, especially remember the ones vs Dallas. To me they were kind of like the Habs of the west.

Should be a fun game to watch tonight, who's reffing btw?
Me also.

But for tonight, take no prisonner. It's an important game to win.

3-2 Habs in overtime, I predict. Goals by Spacek, Cammalleri (PP) and Moen (OT). Nugent-Hopkins (PP) and Smyth for Edmonton.

Good game y'all.

Old
11-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory

Very nice GDT

It should be a great game. My wish: 4-3 Habs

Old
11-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Very excited to see the young guns in action. Future of the NHL, and they're likeable guys too.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing all their glorious scoring opportunities foiled by our own Carey Price.

Old
11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
No Gomez tonight and Kostitsyn on the ice for morning skate.

Via twitter (renhockey)
According to Gaston, AK didn't finsh practise and left early.

Old
11-08-2011, 10:37 AM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Lineup for tonight

Gionta - Plekanec - Pacioretty
Cole - Desharnais - Cammalleri
Moen - Eller - Darche
Weber - Nokelainen - Blunden

Subban - Gorges
Gill - Diaz
Emelin - Spacek

Old
11-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Aeneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
According to Gaston, AK didn't finsh practise and left early.
Ren said Ak46 is OUT, John Lu said he is a Game Time Decision, with weber potentially taking 4th line and emelin would be back in

Old
11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Lucius

Oh for god sakes.

Call up a forward and let Weber play where he's been playing so well. If this is the "get healthy" plan to move Weber back to forward for no apparent reason, I'll be more disappointed in the bingo line machine than normal.

Old
11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Lineup for tonight

Gionta - Plekanec - Pacioretty
Cole - Desharnais - Cammalleri
Moen - Eller - Darche
Weber - Nokelainen - Blunden

Subban - Gorges
Gill - Diaz
Emelin - Spacek
WTF did Eller do to deserve this from JM ? Couldn't Desharnais play on the 3rd line like he is suppose to ?

Old
11-08-2011, 10:44 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Oh for god sakes.

Call up a forward and let Weber play where he's been playing so well. If this is the "get healthy" plan to move Weber back to forward for no apparent reason, I'll be more disappointed in the bingo line machine than normal.
No players available, they are playing this morning in Hamilton

Old
11-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Aeneas

Quote:
WTF did Eller do to deserve this from JM ? Couldn't Desharnais play on the 3rd line like he is suppose to ?
as much as i agree, eller and moen have played together for awhile now, and eller praised moen for being able to open up space for him, also DD's line has had good chemistry

Old
11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
No players available, they are playing this morning in Hamilton
Not that I would call up a player after they played this morning, but would the Canadiens even be allowed to? Can someone play twice in a day?

Old
11-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Roke

Quote:
Eller doesn't need to be sheltered as much as Desharnais does so Martin can afford to at least try to play him with worse forwards.

Hemsky in for Edmonton apparently. That and Kostitsyn being doubtful will be throwing a wrench into what I thought would happen.

Old
11-08-2011, 11:00 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Not that I would call up a player after they played this morning, but would the Canadiens even be allowed to? Can someone play twice in a day?
I believe they can play twice in one day.

Old
11-08-2011, 11:01 AM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Well it's only because his regular wingman, Kostitsyn, got injured. He won't screw up the chemistry of three lines for one (maybe two) games...

Sad to see AK out tonight but glad Emelin will be playing!

Old
11-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Charon

I live in Edmonton, but I'm a Habs fan. I've seen several full Oilers games so far this year. Here's a few notes on what we can expect from the Oilers... (Projected lineup below)

The kid line of Hall, Hopkins and Eberle are very oppurtunistic scorers. They don't generally dominate shifts in the attacking zone, but they find sneaky ways to score, and they are particularly dangerous on the rush. Watch for them to make great, sneaky passing plays after they've gained possession in the offensive zone.

Smyth Horcoff and Jones is a tenacious line that can score. They do all the little things right in all three zones to help the team win and they forecheck hard. Look for these guys to be crowding the crease all night.

Paajarvi Belanger and Gagner. Paajarvi and Gagner aren't having great starts, but look for a few things... Belanger is awesome on faceoffs, and watch Paajarvi make Cole-like drives to the net on the wing. To me, Paajarvi's game is much like Cole's game. Gagner is dangerous on the PP.

Eager, Lander and Petrell form a formidable 4th line for the Oil. They're fast enough, and they have very strong boards play. Look for them to spend long shifts in the Habs zone. They don't get a lot of ice time, but they can change momentum in a hurry.

Smid and Gilbert are the top pairing, but look for Gilbert to make some mistakes under forecheck pressure (he's kinda prone to this). Potter and Petry are experienced, but they get the job done. Peckahm is quite slow and Teubert is playing in his 3rd NHL game I believe.

Overall, the Oilers have found success this year with great goaltending and team defence. Their defenceman are young and inexperienced, but they get huge help from their goalies and their forwards on the backcheck.

Should be a good game.

Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle
Ryan Smyth, Shawn Horcoff, Ryan Jones
Magnus Paajarvi, Eric Belanger, Sam Gagner
Ben Eager, Anton Lander, Lennart Petrell

Ladislav Smid, Tom Gilbert
Corey Potter, Jeff Petry
Theo Peckham, Colten Teubert

Nikolai Khabibulin
Devan Dubnyk

Old
11-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charon View Post
I live in Edmonton, but I'm a Habs fan. I've seen several full Oilers games so far this year. Here's a few notes on what we can expect from the Oilers... (Projected lineup below)

The kid line of Hall, Hopkins and Eberle are very oppurtunistic scorers. They don't generally dominate shifts in the attacking zone, but they find sneaky ways to score, and they are particularly dangerous on the rush. Watch for them to make great, sneaky passing plays after they've gained possession in the offensive zone.

Smyth Horcoff and Jones is a tenacious line that can score. They do all the little things right in all three zones to help the team win and they forecheck hard. Look for these guys to be crowding the crease all night.

Paajarvi Belanger and Gagner. Paajarvi and Gagner aren't having great starts, but look for a few things... Belanger is awesome on faceoffs, and watch Paajarvi make Cole-like drives to the net on the wing. To me, Paajarvi's game is much like Cole's game. Gagner is dangerous on the PP.

Eager, Lander and Petrell form a formidable 4th line for the Oil. They're fast enough, and they have very strong boards play. Look for them to spend long shifts in the Habs zone. They don't get a lot of ice time, but they can change momentum in a hurry.

Smid and Gilbert are the top pairing, but look for Gilbert to make some mistakes under forecheck pressure (he's kinda prone to this). Potter and Petry are experienced, but they get the job done. Peckahm is quite slow and Teubert is playing in his 3rd NHL game I believe.

Overall, the Oilers have found success this year with great goaltending and team defence. Their defenceman are young and inexperienced, but they get huge help from their goalies and their forwards on the backcheck.

Should be a good game.

Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle
Ryan Smyth, Shawn Horcoff, Ryan Jones
Magnus Paajarvi, Eric Belanger, Sam Gagner
Ben Eager, Anton Lander, Lennart Petrell

Ladislav Smid, Tom Gilbert
Corey Potter, Jeff Petry
Theo Peckham, Colten Teubert

Nikolai Khabibulin
Devan Dubnyk
apperently Hemsky is in ( ) and Paajarvi is out ( ) for tonight.
as good as the kid line has looked...Hemsky is still far and above the Oilers best player.
also, BNarker could be back in tonight as well, not sure, but forward lines would look like this :

Hall RNH Eberle
Smyth Horcoff Hemsky
Jones Belanger Gagner
Eager Lander Petrell

Old
11-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
and of course Hemsky has to come back tonight

Should be a fun game, always enjoyed games against the Oilers

Closed Thread