HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Talk

Old
11-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
If you bring Lokitionov up now Manchester is toast, he is there Kopitar. Kings better get a prospect back for Stoll, Martinez, Penner that can play in the AHL...The Monarchs already lost Holloway, Moller and now Loki...?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
If you bring Lokitionov up now Manchester is toast, he is there Kopitar. Kings better get a prospect back for Stoll, Martinez, Penner that can play in the AHL...The Monarchs already lost Holloway, Moller and now Loki...?
Or you could look at it as a positive. In such cases, younger guys in Manchester need to step up. If anything, it forces guys to step up and play big roles which is a plus for the whole organization long-term.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
VADEN

Quote:
No offense but that is Manchesters problem. They are the farm team for the Kings not the other way around. If it makes the Kings better than you do it. I too want Manchester to be a winning evironment for the kids but damn i'm tired of waiting for the Kings to win!!!

VADEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:27 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADEN View Post
No offense but that is Manchesters problem. They are the farm team for the Kings not the other way around. If it makes the Kings better than you do it. I too want Manchester to be a winning evironment for the kids but damn i'm tired of waiting for the Kings to win!!!
Agreed. The AHL is a development league. Just look at the efforts Andrews is going to make west coast teams happy so he doesn't have to worry about another circuit to compete with.

Manchester knew we'd come calling for the good players eventually. There is going to be rough seasons for any farm team, and if we call up Loki and Voynov permanently this year for whatever reason (injury, trade) then so be it. It's not like Manchester doesn't have good D and goalie prospects to work with, and it'd force guys like King and Kozun to step it up and produce like they did last year.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but if the Kings don't have a player in the system to fill in as a center in Manchester, Hextall needs to go out and get an AHL vet to take over that role. It's part of his job.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Penner, Stoll, Martinez, and a 2nd for Nash.

Call up Loktionov and Voynov...

Nash-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Loktionov-Richardson
Moreau-Lewis-Parse/Hunter/Westgarth

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Voynov
Scuderi-Greene

Its nice to dream...

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:04 PM
professorhov83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post

Nash-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Voynov
Scuderi-Greene

Its nice to dream...
With Murray as Coach it doesnt matter who you bring in wont make a differnce. I dont care we had Ovi from the caps, with this offensive system even he would struggle.

professorhov83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I am hoping we don't get buffaloed on a multiplayer deal.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post

Nash-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Voynov
Scuderi-Greene

Its nice to dream...
(to preface, i know you said it's nice to dream, and i'm not picking on you i swear!) but would the jackets be willing to deal nash right now? i'd be inclined to say that they're a prime target for trading because of their terrible record, but what is it that they're actually looking for? i'd imagine they'd be looking for D and/or G, given that their GAA is worst and PK is third worst in the league. but they're also pretty far down on GFPG and PP, so would they be willing to give up nash right now?

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Penner and Stoll to Buffalo for Boyes and ???

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorhov83 View Post
With Murray as Coach it doesnt matter who you bring in wont make a differnce. I dont care we had Ovi from the caps, with this offensive system even he would struggle.
totally agree with you. we could have four lines of HOF scoring forwards and TMu would still be able to destroy their output

Luc-Lemieux-Bure
Hull-Gretzky-Richard
etc.....you get the drift

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

I wonder how much of our farm we would have to give up to get Carter and Nash from Columbus...'cuz I'm figuring either they give up or not. If they give up Nash, they'll probably be willing to deal Carter too. We'd have to unload some serious salary too...although we're deep in the blue line, not sure if we can part with Mitchell.

- R

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 04:31 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I wonder how much of our farm we would have to give up to get Carter and Nash from Columbus...'cuz I'm figuring either they give up or not. If they give up Nash, they'll probably be willing to deal Carter too. We'd have to unload some serious salary too...although we're deep in the blue line, not sure if we can part with Mitchell.

- R
About $14 million worth, give or take. And I doubt you get both and still keep both Richards and Kopitar. I don't think it's worth the cost.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Duc620

Changing players right now is going to make things worse. We are not even twenty games into an 82 game season.

We've already got four or five players who haven't played together under this coach, with these players, in this system, on this team. Why does everyone think it's so easy to just drop the "right" big name onto a line for magic results?

More than half the the Kings current problems are due to players who don't know each others tendencies. None of these guys are playing as a five man unit yet. Their offensive positioning, relative to each other and who is on the ice with them looks really confused right now. That's why we see so many bad passes and one shot attacks. We are only seeing a few minutes of solid attack or forecheck a game.

On the plus side, the D and Quick are looking very comfortable and working the system. They look excellent.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Monarchist

Nash, Carter

For

Penner, Stoll, Scuderi, Toffoli, Forbert, Muzzin, Hickey, 1st round picks...the farm, basically.

Nash-Kopitar-Carter
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Parse-Loktionov-Williams
Clifford-Lewis-Moreau/Richardson

Johnson-Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

The Richards line would outplay the other team's first line, the Loktionov line would be a solid third line of scoring, and the Kopitar line would destroy all in their way. Mitchell does well with Voynov...even Terry Murray couldn't stop Nash-Kopitar-Carter, Johnson-Doughty from scoring.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
Penner, Stoll, Scuderi, Toffoli, Forbert, Muzzin, Hickey, 1st round picks...the farm, basically.
Very bold. Very exciting.

You're going to be unhappy after Toffoli and Forbert start playing regularly in the NHL. But you might have a SC as consolation.

And we'd still have Lombardi to restock the system.

Old
11-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Nash, Carter

For

Nash-Kopitar-Carter
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Parse-Loktionov-Williams

Johnson-Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

The Richards line would outplay the other team's first line, the Loktionov line would be a solid third line of scoring, and the Kopitar line would destroy all in their way. Mitchell does well with Voynov...even Terry Murray couldn't stop Nash-Kopitar-Carter, Johnson-Doughty from scoring.
Put the pipe down please.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Bad time to be shipping impact players or searching for a different kind of leadership.

Old
11-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Nash, Carter

For

Nash-Kopitar-Carter
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Parse-Loktionov-Williams

Johnson-Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

I hope you are joking.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:40 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Put the pipe down please.
Did you see the Letestu trade by Columbus? That was the 1st domino.

Old
11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
NHL12 rocks.
I KNOW RIGHT!? I did that trade on there AND they threw in a 2nd round pick. It HAS to work in real life.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Nash, Carter

For

Nash-Kopitar-Carter
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Parse-Loktionov-Williams

Johnson-Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

....dude GO SIT IN THE CORNER AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID.

PS: In my most recent BR posting I had 5 players who could be traded..

Penner
Stoll
Martinez
Bernier
Parse

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:49 PM
KingNothing4

Trade Martinez for pick, Moreau waived.

Richards Kopitar Brown
Gagne Loktionov Williams
Penner Stoll Parse
Clifford Lewis Richardson
Hunter/Westgarth

Doughty Mitchell
Johnson Scuderi
Voynov Greene
Drewiske

Quick
Bernier

1) Richards setups up Kopitar for tons of goals, maybe vice versa at times (just plant Brown in front of the opposing net and DO NOT let him carry the puck through neutral ice, or into the attacking zone.)
2) Gagne Loktionov Williams seems like it'd be a fast skilled line, should all be able put pucks in the net.
3) This line has potential, pretty good skill, just don't put them out against the top lines. Maybe they form some chemistry, they are all off to a sluggish start.
4) Decent energy line, not very intimidating or physical, but could pop some pucks in...hell at this point they could get going and outscore the #3.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Jarret Stoll drains any line of any offense, whatever line he is assigned to will be devoid of any creativity. The Kings also struggle to find any chemistry for Dustin Brown. He's had a rotating cast of centers who have yet to mesh well with his low hockey IQ.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:05 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Jarret Stoll drains any line of any offense, whatever line he is assigned to will be devoid of any creativity. The Kings also struggle to find any chemistry for Dustin Brown. He's had a rotating cast of centers who have yet to mesh well with his low hockey IQ.
Yeah, Brown only averages 25 goals a season over the last 4 years. He is a real problem.