HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg at Buffalo [Tues 11/8/2011 - 7 PM - MSG-B]

Old
11-08-2011, 12:18 PM
LGB24

vCash: 500
Miller will be on tonight. 3-0 buffalo

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:30 PM
SublimeNightmare

Send a message via Yahoo to SublimeNightmare
The Sabres help out Miller as the offense shows up.

5-2 Sabres win big!

SublimeNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
If it happens, I can't wait to hear his post-game remarks to some of his media critics like Harrington and Hamilton.
Hamilton is not a critic of Miller. The guy sticks up for him any chance he has, to the point where I get annoyed. Harrington on the other hand is a different story.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
puckish66

Quote:
If it happens, I can't wait to hear his post-game remarks to some of his media critics like Harrington and Hamilton.
Hamilton can be quite snarky. He's said things like, "You want your so-called franchise goalie to make that save." He's openly argued for looking into trading Miller.

I don't think Harrington fits into that mold. There a facade of snarkiness there, but he tends to objectively call it like it is, which seems like a misnomer. All I've heard him say or write about Miller is that he was good to start the season but not so good of late. Those are facts.

Miller would know better than to offer a "told you so" to the media.

Bottom line here is that Miller has gotten very friendly treatment from the media during his career. As sensitive as he is, he's very lucky to be playing here and not in NYC or Philly or any Canadian NHL city. If anything, his run-ins with the media have very much involved drama on Ryan's part. What set him off last season? Vogl asked if he felt OK?

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Honestly not a fan of any sports media in Buffalo. None of them seem particularly objective. Hamilton has his moments, but he's more of an analyst than a reporter most of the time. I suppose that goes for almost anything related to the modern news paradigm.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Hamilton is not a critic of Miller. The guy sticks up for him any chance he has, to the point where I get annoyed. Harrington on the other hand is a different story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckish66 View Post
Hamilton can be quite snarky. He's said things like, "You want your so-called franchise goalie to make that save." He's openly argued for looking into trading Miller.
Hamilton was critical of Miller not taking enough blame for his errors, inserting his usual "if it were me, I'd be doing ___...." rhetoric.

Quote:
If anything, his run-ins with the media have very much involved drama on Ryan's part. What set him off last season? Vogl asked if he felt OK?
He was livid several times last year when he thought the media and/or fans were giving Lalime too hard a time. He also ranted at the media taking potshots at Connolly on his way out of town. There have been other times when he defended his teammates in the wake of public criticism that he thought was unfair and even ignorant.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
TSN's Game Notes
BUF was 3-0-1 vs ATL/WPG last season

BUF has won 3 straight at home vs ATL/WPG

BUF:
BUF has scored 2G in 4 straight games (2-2-0)

5 of BUF's past 6 games have been decied by 1G

BUF has gone 31/32 on the PK over their past 10 games

Vanek (5G, 5A) has a PT in 6 of 7 home games

WPG:
WPG has gone 3-2-1 on their road trip, 0-1-1 over the past 2 games, scoring 2G

WPG has gone 1/11 on the PP over their past 5 games

Antropov (2G, 6A) has a PT in 5 of his past 6 games

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=379942

Old
11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
He was livid several times last year when he thought the media and/or fans were giving Lalime too hard a time. He also ranted at the media taking potshots at Connolly on his way out of town. There have been other times when he defended his teammates in the wake of public criticism that he thought was unfair and even ignorant.
But his teammates subconsciously don't like him and play harder in front of the backup because they respect Enroth more.

EDIT: Sorry, I realize most aren't saying that, but some of the more extreme posts I've seen are starting to wear on my patience with the subject. -.-

Last edited by jamers: 11-08-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old
11-08-2011, 01:30 PM
luki here

Quote:
Let's "roll the highlight film" for RJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfbyrKnKc0
no use watching that quality...

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

no chance on this one

Sabres lose

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

Should know in about 20 minutes if I'm going to this game, really hope I can make it. I think it'll be cool to see the Jets while we can.

I'm thinking it will be like the Calgary game. Sabres pound the net, but Pavelec stands tall. Still:

Sabres - 3

Leino
Vanek
Gerbe

Jets - 0

Miller will be as focused as he can possibly get, with the team going all-out trying to get him the shutout.

Sean McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

4-3 Jets in OT

Miller will have a sub 900 svp.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Hamilton was critical of Miller not taking enough blame for his errors, inserting his usual "if it were me, I'd be doing ___...." rhetoric.

Thats just it. Miller is just blunt and doesn't play into the Political Correctness PR Bull ****. ... He knows exactly what the media is up to and exactly why the media is up to it. I don't see him as being sensitive or fragile at all... He's just intense and passionate about the game and doesn't feel the need to play along with the proper protocal of the media.

All media is a joke today...whether it's Sports Media or News Media... it's all about how many hits they can get on their blogs... only way they can do that...is to create the drama when none is there...or intensify it if there is some.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Every day they're Byfuglien.
That made me lol at work. I then had to explain it to a co-worker who knows nothing about hockey, nor the song apparently.

Either way, cheers for the lulz!

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 03:24 PM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Thats just it. Miller is just blunt and doesn't play into the Political Correctness PR Bull ****. ... He knows exactly what the media is up to and exactly why the media is up to it. I don't see him as being sensitive or fragile at all... He's just intense and passionate about the game and doesn't feel the need to play along with the proper protocal of the media.

All media is a joke today...whether it's Sports Media or News Media... it's all about how many hits they can get on their blogs... only way they can do that...is to create the drama when none is there...or intensify it if there is some.
Sorry, but I don't want my goaltender to be worried about what the media is doing and saying. The goalie should be so focused and disciplined as to be totally unaware of all the sideshows.

It's a trend with Ryan. Maybe he's a control freak. He's putting too much on himself after vowing a few years ago to worry about his crease and block everything else out. Be the puck. Stop the puck.

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 03:35 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't want my goaltender to be worried about what the media is doing and saying. The goalie should be so focused and disciplined as to be totally unaware of all the sideshows.

It's a trend with Ryan. Maybe he's a control freak. He's putting too much on himself after vowing a few years ago to worry about his crease and block everything else out. Be the puck. Stop the puck.
Your argument is selectively applied. I want every player to be so focused and disciplined as to be totally unaware of all the sideshows. It doesn't happen, however. It's unrealistic. Doesn't mean he's not trying, doesn't mean he's not effective still. I don't think his relation with the media has anything to do with the couple of poor outings he's had.

The arguments against Miller have evolved from stats analysis to character analysis. I think it's a little much, myself.

Old
11-08-2011, 03:36 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
What set him off last season? Vogl asked if he felt OK?
Vogl was interviewing Miller, who was already agitated about losing the game. Sullivan came in and started getting snotty with Miller, and that's what escalated the situation.

Miller was (of course) blamed for going off, and the fact that Sullivan clearly instigated it was glossed over.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 03:40 PM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

Miller bounces back from his last outing and will play very well, but will still let in one goal that people will deem a softy. That said, i expect the sabres to blow the jets out of the sky. I don't want to post the score i have in my head because i am paranoid of a jinx

1point21Gigawatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
It's Hall of Fame Night at First Niagara Center as Rick Jeanneret and Dale Hawerchuk earn their tickets into the Sabres Hall in ceremonies prior to the game against the Winnipeg Jets, the team that drafted Hawerchuk first overall in 1981.

(The ceremonies start at 7:08 and the game is pushed back to 7:23. Fans should be in their seats by 7 to see the pregame videos and such).
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...-big-part.html

Old
11-08-2011, 03:45 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Hamilton is one of millers biggest defenders I thought. I always hear him in post game shows lambasting fans who think Enroth should start.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 03:49 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Hamilton was critical of Miller not taking enough blame for his errors, inserting his usual "if it were me, I'd be doing ___...." .
He also said that his teammates have no problem with it so it's fine. Listen to some of Hamiltons post game remarks in the audio vault. He absolutely goes off on fans who want Enroth to be the starter.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 03:52 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
Miller will be on tonight. 3-0 buffalo
It helps you guys that our offence is beyond useless at the moment. I'd say 3-0 is conservative, I expect maybe 4 or 5.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 03:53 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
It helps you guys that our offence is beyond useless at the moment. I'd say 3-0 is conservative, I expect maybe 4 or 5.
We'll see! I have to admit I'm excited to see the Jets in action. Watched a bit of your home opener, but that has been it.

Old
11-08-2011, 03:57 PM
luki here

buffalo wins 5-2

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 04:06 PM
dan213

I wonder how the crowd is going to react if Miller lets in a quick, bad goal? This is why he should have played on Saturday.

dan213 is offline   Reply With Quote