HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nino update

Old
11-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
Ah yes. Because 2 consecutive 30 goal seasons is terrible.
Yeah I dont get this Moulson bashing lately?? Who started this nonsense?

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:22 AM
JPIsles21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handlanger View Post
WRONG.

He did lead his team. When you take the numbers of games played, Nino scored the most goals per game on his team. (and I think most or 2nd most in the entire WHL).
This.

Nino being 4th on the team in scoring based on counting stats is due to the fact that he played less games (55 due to his playing in the NHL last year). Would anybody say Malkin was a disappointment for being 5th on the Pens in scoring (ignoring that he only played 43 games?).

Nino scored 41 goals in 55 games last year. He then followed up a strong regular season with 27 points in 21 playoff games.

To call Nino a rush job is inaccurate. However, I think he would have benefited from another year in Juniors if only to see him raise his game without the luxury of playing with Ryan Johansen.

JPIsles21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:52 AM
ferrisUML

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
Ah yes. Because 2 consecutive 30 goal seasons is terrible.
Dude, seriously? His goals were/are from playing with JT, nothing more. Would you say Mark Parrish was great as well. He scored 30. From an opposing coaches POV, your not worried about Moulson burning you. That whole line is shutdown when focusing and planning around JT.

Also, Moulson does not appear to be willing to do the same things as he was last year and the year before to score goals, at least so far. I don't really see him in the traffic areas and he's not getting deflections. As of today, Martin is better at going what Moulson used to do very, very well.

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:58 AM
islesfan3991

Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan3991
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisUML View Post
Dude, seriously? His goals were/are from playing with JT, nothing more. Would you say Mark Parrish was great as well. He scored 30. From an opposing coaches POV, your not worried about Moulson burning you. That whole line is shutdown when focusing and planning around JT.

Also, Moulson does not appear to be willing to do the same things as he was last year and the year before to score goals, at least so far. I don't really see him in the traffic areas and he's not getting deflections. As of today, Martin is better at going what Moulson used to do very, very well.
When a team has a 2 time 30 goal scorer, your worried about him.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:53 AM
darkmoon1196

Quote:

Just because he's been disappointing in the first 11 games of the season does not mean he is terrible. But then again, who hasn't been disappointing thus far? (outside of JT and Streit)

Moulson is normally our most consistent player, making this bad streak a little harder to swallow, but I'm not worried that he'll find his touch again.

darkmoon1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 12:11 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmoon1106 View Post
Just because he's been disappointing in the first 11 games of the season does not mean he is terrible. But then again, who hasn't been disappointing thus far? (outside of JT and Streit)

Moulson is normally our most consistent player, making this bad streak a little harder to swallow, but I'm not worried that he'll find his touch again.
Exactly.

Also take in consideration, that last season at this point, he started off very slow as well and he managed to get 31 goals.

KingLio21093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 12:53 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:

One month, put him in a cardboard box and feed him nothing but raw meat and beat the box with a 2x4 each day and then let him play. Problem solved.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:18 AM
josra33

Hey so that was fun...... coming to a thread titled "Nino Update" and seeing nothing but Grabner talk.

So lets get back on track shall we?

How is Nino doing?

josra33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 02:06 AM
ayashin716

Quote:
Originally Posted by josra33 View Post
Hey so that was fun...... coming to a thread titled "Nino Update" and seeing nothing but Grabner talk.

So lets get back on track shall we?

How is Nino doing?
In the AHL now, should be back up with the big club within a week or two.

ayashin716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 07:10 PM
reporob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
He did not dominate the WHL, he had a great year but was still only 4th on his team in points. He has room to grow in the WHL. The NHL is not a job your handed (unless you have a high draft number next your name and picked by the Isles) you earn it. Nino has not earned anything yet, but we all know he will be here in a week or so
a post that makes perfect sense its nice to see not all fans are riding a 19yr old to make the big show inless they earn it

reporob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:13 PM
okie21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
He did not dominate the WHL, he had a great year but was still only 4th on his team in points. He has room to grow in the WHL. The NHL is not a job your handed (unless you have a high draft number next your name and picked by the Isles) you earn it. Nino has not earned anything yet, but we all know he will be here in a week or so
I agree that Nino should spend more time developing in juniors. However I don't look at him being 4th on his team in points as a reason, I just think a power forward needs to have his body develop as much as his game before hitting the NHL. Nino played about 10 less games then every one else on Portland and still led the team in goal scoring. I really don't know how much more time in Portland will help his overall game as far as skill goes, but it's not a bad thing to let him grow into his body first. Another year in Portland and then next year he should start in the AHL(which he can then as a 20 year old, correct?) Let him grow and develop and then step into the AHL to learn how to play against men next year.

That being said we all know he's coming to the Island. When does he have to be here by? Is it a 14 day conditioning stint?

okie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie21 View Post
I agree that Nino should spend more time developing in juniors. However I don't look at him being 4th on his team in points as a reason, I just think a power forward needs to have his body develop as much as his game before hitting the NHL. Nino played about 10 less games then every one else on Portland and still led the team in goal scoring. I really don't know how much more time in Portland will help his overall game as far as skill goes, but it's not a bad thing to let him grow into his body first. Another year in Portland and then next year he should start in the AHL(which he can then as a 20 year old, correct?) Let him grow and develop and then step into the AHL to learn how to play against men next year.

That being said we all know he's coming to the Island. When does he have to be here by? Is it a 14 day conditioning stint?
Nino will be back after this weekend's games - three games for Bridgeport: Friday, Sat and Sunday. The first game he'll likely be able to play is next Tuesday against the NYR, after the road trip stops in Colorado and Vancouver.

Unless there's an injury or he's called up sooner for some reason.

Regarding junior, it remains to be seen whether Nino is ready for the NHL. I'm really curious to see his first few NHL games. This should be an easy roster to make but let's hope we see a player who's clearly better than what we have.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote