HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

my own speculation....philly's logjam at centre and devils cap issue

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2005, 04:22 PM
shayne

vCash: 500
my own speculation....philly's logjam at centre and devils cap issue

alot of rumors around the flyers depth at centre.

natural centres primeau,handzus,forsberg,carter,richards,sharp and umberger

Great problem to have, i would like the Habs to grab one of those players( forsberg and richards are untouchable) but i logically expect the blue jackets or sharks to be a trading partner.

the sharks with primeau or the jackets with handzus( gm maclean said he would rather do something big then tinker)

I am sure the sens or habs could offer some youth and picks for eg. handzus but i expect the flyers to move a player as far away as possible.

it will be interesting for sure, as for the devils... i expect them to move mogilny and try to move malakhov, i would guess mogilny and maybe white to the panthers for
something that helps the devils shed salary and the panthers get someone they wanted to sign in the summer and a defensemen to take the place of the mezei injury

malakhov and a middle pick for niinima maybe

thoughts or your own speculation is appreciated

Old
11-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Philly has found a way to utilize all of those centres. Handzus, Sharp and Umberger have moved to wing and done well. Primeau will bump Umberger back down to the Phantoms if/when he returns from the concussion. Forsberg, Richards, Carter and Primeau are the centremen when all healthy and it works just fine. I don't expect anyone to be moved unless it's to address a desperate need (which currently there isn't).

Old
11-12-2005, 05:48 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne
Niinimaa makes like 1.2 million less and the islanders are treading close to the cap themselves. We need another defensement but don't want to trade Niinimaa(unless we can get a solid defensive defenseman at a similar price).

Let's not consider all these factors.

Unless by middle pick, you mean middle of the first round, I would say a big loud NO! as an Islanders fan

Last edited by boredmale: 11-12-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old
11-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne

it will be interesting for sure, as for the devils... i expect them to move mogilny and try to move malakhov, i would guess mogilny and maybe white to the panthers for
something that helps the devils shed salary and the panthers get someone they wanted to sign in the summer and a defensemen to take the place of the mezei injury

thoughts or your own speculation is appreciated
The Malakhov deal is basically ridiculous, no offense meant. Malakhov is expensive and simply not that good. I can't even begin to see the logic behind that one.

Old
11-13-2005, 07:20 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
The Malakhov deal is basically ridiculous, no offense meant. Malakhov is expensive and simply not that good. I can't even begin to see the logic behind that one.

No offense taken........I wouldn't wish Malakhov on anyone even a division rival

I do believe Matvichuk(1.38) and Mcgillis(2.2) do have some value and by February the Devils will have paid half of this salary.

I think the Devils are stuck with Malakhov because of the obscene salary.

I'm pretty sure at least one of these guys will gone by February.

I would be exetremely shocked if the Devils traded White, I don't believe it will happen. If it does happen a Defenseman would have to come back.

My Guess is Matvichuk or McGillis (or both) will be moved and David Hale will be brought up from Albany.

Kozlov - Matvichuk - McGillis = $5,316,000.00. Adding Elias' salary The Devils will be around $37+M if they can move those 3 players.

I think there are a ton of teams that would love to have a half paid for Matvichuk for a 5th round pick and to a lessor extent the same for McGillis.

I don't expect much of anything to come back. At least nothing more than some low picks(5th/6th manybe even a 7th) for the Defensemen and maybe a mid round pick(3rd/4th?) for Kozlov, a 3rd would be nice.

Closed Thread