HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers trade Kundratek to the Caps for Bouchard (Update: Kundratek requested trade)

Old
11-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am in no way upset he was traded. I am upset with the return.

Kundratek, IMO, has an NHL future.
I don't see what you see.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:35 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
That's fine. He was one of, if not the best Whale defenseman last season as a rookie in the AHL.

He is strong and a good skater. He was great at the U-20's a couple of years ago where he played a ton of minutes and shut down some of the worlds best young players every game for the Czech Republic.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:38 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Maybe a case of a guy wanting out? Based on what I've read, it seems like his play dipped a lot from last year. Perhaps he just wasn't happy in the organization like Grachev.

11-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Vitto79

errrrrrrrrrr ok, I know there was a log jam on D in CT but did he not have a good yr? Ah well I guess, I know nothing about this Bouchard dude

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Hey Boyler, look at it this way:

The Rangers essentially got as much for Kundratek as the Penguins did for Letestu, who was actually in the NHL.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I don't know - if the guy is a healthy scratch 2 games in a row in the AHL, I think he's got more than the NHL to worry about. Don't care much about this move one way or the other. We're really young on D and there are other D prospects ahead of him (Erixon, Valentenko).

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:25 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Hey Boyler, look at it this way:

The Rangers essentially got as much for Kundratek as the Penguins did for Letestu, who was actually in the NHL.
Yeah but the positive for PIT is that they signed him as a FA our of college and just returned a pick. Good asset management for them.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:40 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Francois Bouchard, C/W -- Baie-Comeau QMJHL
Height: 6’0 Weight: 180 lbs
DOB: Apr 26, 1988
2nd Round, 35th Overall

With back-to-back picks in the second round, the Capitals went with offense and selected a highly-touted forward prospect out of the QMJHL, Francois Bouchard. The younger brother of the Minnesota Wild’s forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Francois went pretty much right where scouting services had ranked him to go. Washington, in dire need of skilled center prospects, used the 35th overall pick on him.

The major knock on Bouchard is that he is a fairly timid player, lacking in size and strength, although he’s larger than his older brother currently playing in the NHL. He is, however, a wonderful skater and he also possesses some pretty dynamic playmaking skills and overall vision. Last season as a member of Baie-Comeau, Bouchard more than quadrupled his point output from 2004-05 (11 goals, 13 assists), and finished 13th in the league in scoring while registering 33 goals and 69 assists for a total of 102 points. Despite huge numbers, he still finished a combined -6 defensively and will need to improve on that to eventually become an everyday NHL player.

Bouchard is a great pickup for the Caps and will have two more years to develop prior to going pro. When he does, it is unlikely that he will be an immediate impact player in the NHL, and will likely need a season or two in the AHL prior to handling full-time NHL duty.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
A couple years back when the Rangers sent Kundratek back to Medicine Hat instead of letting him turn pro, there was some concern that he'd try to bolt back to the Czech Republic. I wonder if there was similar concern this year that Kundratek was dissatisfied with his role and wanting to head back home?

I'm not super high on Kundratek, but I would have liked for a bit better of a return. Ah well, no room for Kundratek here and he's a fringe NHL player in the future, I think.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
That would be my guess too, the only question will it be another grinder or someone (cough, cough) with more skill?
I don't think that is the case.

Again, I think this is the case of having like 20 defenders in Hartford. They were at the point of using Niemi on the wing. They needed another forward down there.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:44 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
A couple years back when the Rangers sent Kundratek back to Medicine Hat instead of letting him turn pro, there was some concern that he'd try to bolt back to the Czech Republic. I wonder if there was similar concern this year that Kundratek was dissatisfied with his role and wanting to head back home?

I'm not super high on Kundratek, but I would have liked for a bit better of a return. Ah well, no room for Kundratek here and he's a fringe NHL player in the future, I think.
I don't really think he had any value to bring back something more, though. Especially with how poor he was this year.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:02 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Probably AHL depth in the event NYR has to call someone up for long term.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:05 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

yawn, ho hum. in 5 years, we will all complain - why did we trade the 2nd coming of Corey Potter?!? Trade makes sense. Especially with the Stralman signing.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:02 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Francois Bouchard, C/W -- Baie-Comeau QMJHL
Height: 6’0 Weight: 180 lbs
DOB: Apr 26, 1988
2nd Round, 35th Overall

With back-to-back picks in the second round, the Capitals went with offense and selected a highly-touted forward prospect out of the QMJHL, Francois Bouchard. The younger brother of the Minnesota Wild’s forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Francois went pretty much right where scouting services had ranked him to go. Washington, in dire need of skilled center prospects, used the 35th overall pick on him.

The major knock on Bouchard is that he is a fairly timid player, lacking in size and strength, although he’s larger than his older brother currently playing in the NHL. He is, however, a wonderful skater and he also possesses some pretty dynamic playmaking skills and overall vision. Last season as a member of Baie-Comeau, Bouchard more than quadrupled his point output from 2004-05 (11 goals, 13 assists), and finished 13th in the league in scoring while registering 33 goals and 69 assists for a total of 102 points. Despite huge numbers, he still finished a combined -6 defensively and will need to improve on that to eventually become an everyday NHL player.

Bouchard is a great pickup for the Caps and will have two more years to develop prior to going pro. When he does, it is unlikely that he will be an immediate impact player in the NHL, and will likely need a season or two in the AHL prior to handling full-time NHL duty.
So we got ourselves a nice skating, timid, weak player who doesn't play defense?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
So we got ourselves a nice skating, timid, weak player who doesn't play defense?
that is the Rangers MO.

Trade away a rugged kid for a kid with offensive flare but no heart.

Just like the Tytuin deal, just like the Lauri deal...in a few years Kundatrek will be a mainstay on the Caps blueline and people will look back and say how it was worth the risk....bad move by sather...

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Yeah but the positive for PIT is that they signed him as a FA our of college and just returned a pick. Good asset management for them.
Why does that matter?

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Gatorade*

If either guy is a projected difference maker the Rangers are in bad shape. Meh deal.

Old
11-08-2011, 11:32 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
that is the Rangers MO.

Just like the Tytuin deal, just like the Lauri deal...in a few years Kundatrek will be a mainstay on the Caps blueline and people will look back and say how it was worth the risk....bad move by sather...
In fairness I can't see how Kundratek would ever be a top 5 dman on the Rangers. Sure, it would have been nice to get more in return...but really, how much value did he have?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Add Kundratek to Grachev and Weise as 2008 draft picks that didn't work out.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Add Kundratek to Grachev and Weise as 2008 draft picks that didn't work out.
Most don't.

Old
11-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Why does that matter?
It's asset management. They gained a 4th round pick, we lost one.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:08 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
That's fine. He was one of, if not the best Whale defenseman last season as a rookie in the AHL.

He is strong and a good skater. He was great at the U-20's a couple of years ago where he played a ton of minutes and shut down some of the worlds best young players every game for the Czech Republic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
What the hell happened to Kundratek? All reports were that he had a very good year last year.
What the hell happened to Kundratek?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I think its a real possibility that Kundratek's attitude might be affecting things. Affecting his approach to competing to make the Rangers vs going back to Europe. The Rangers would know his intent better than anyone, but I really expected to see this guy show up in camp this year and it's been completely the opposite.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:10 AM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
that is the Rangers MO.

Er...where is the room for Kundratek? Which of Staal, Girardi, Del Zotto, Erixon, McDonagh, or Sauer will he overtake? Coupled with McIlrath, there is really no room for him.

11-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
It's asset management. They gained a 4th round pick, we lost one.
Can be considered other way as well.

Rangers also lost a contract to gain a new asset on the 50 contract rule.

I doubt any team loses such sleep over 4th round picks in a 30 team draft. Maybe that's just me though.

Old
11-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

would have liked a better return, but it is not a big deal

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote