HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Brian McGratton

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2005, 07:44 PM
jmjt9864

vCash: 500
Brian McGratton

after watching several Senator games this year i wish the Kings could have kept this guy in the fold ...

getting better as a player for sure .. but he is huge and is a true heavyweight ..

Old
11-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Man dont even get me started on losing him!

Old
11-10-2005, 08:05 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Man dont even get me started on losing him!
You're kidding me right? When did we own this guy?

550 minutes last year and 41 fighting majors! To dangerous for us?

Great scrap with Orr tonight, and I seen him rearrange Domi's nose a few weeks ago!

Old
11-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
You're kidding me right? When did we own this guy?

550 minutes last year and 41 fighting majors! To dangerous for us?

Great scrap with Orr tonight, and I seen him rearrange Domi's nose a few weeks ago!
Dude, we drafted him. He hurt his knee, and the organizaton didn't ride it out with him. It's a damn shame too.

Old
11-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Reaper45

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...3?pid=00031753

Old
11-10-2005, 08:55 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Dude, we drafted him. He hurt his knee, and the organizaton didn't ride it out with him. It's a damn shame too.
For **** sake! I can't believe I missed that one. What a shame! I'd love to have him here..........and actually get a game.

Old
11-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
For **** sake! I can't believe I missed that one. What a shame! I'd love to have him here..........and actually get a game.
As far as enforcers go, he's definately one we should've held onto.

Old
11-12-2005, 05:39 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Yow. I pride myself on knowing the pugilist stuff too and I totally missed that one. Wise Mr. Reaper - what year did we draft him and which guys did he get lost behind in the organ-I-zation? Did Phil Crowe get in his way?

McGratton's bout with Domi was as clear an example of the "changing of the guard" as when Tie and Bob Probert went a couple rounds nearly a decade ago. Three seasons of Ottawa playoff demons were exorsized with one right hand to the nose of Mr. Domi.

This is an old one, but did you know that you can rearrange the letters in "Tie Domi", to come up w/ "Me Idioit".

Old
11-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball
Yow. I pride myself on knowing the pugilist stuff too and I totally missed that one. Wise Mr. Reaper - what year did we draft him and which guys did he get lost behind in the organ-I-zation? Did Phil Crowe get in his way?

McGratton's bout with Domi was as clear an example of the "changing of the guard" as when Tie and Bob Probert went a couple rounds nearly a decade ago. Three seasons of Ottawa playoff demons were exorsized with one right hand to the nose of Mr. Domi.

This is an old one, but did you know that you can rearrange the letters in "Tie Domi", to come up w/ "Me Idioit".
We drafted Kip the year before, and we also nabbed Parros in the later rounds of the 99 draft, so when McGrattan went down with the injuried knee in what would've been a contract year so to speak, I think the organization just said forget it. Big mistake.

Old
11-12-2005, 07:07 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I'd be very interested to hear the words "Big mistake" out of the mouths of Dave Taylor, Al Murray, or Andy Murray...

Old
11-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I'd be very interested to hear the words "Big mistake" out of the mouths of Dave Taylor, Al Murray, or Andy Murray...
I'd be very interested to hear something positive come out of your mouth.

Old
11-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Reaper needs a cookie . Maybe Reaper should replace "Bob" with "Tubby" in his avatar

Old
11-13-2005, 12:13 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

The only memory I have of McGrattan as a King is from training camp. Might have been the first year they played at Healthsouth because there were only like 10 people there, but McGrattan rode Norstrom hard into the boards with a clean hit and Blake came in and completely cheapshotted the kid from behind with a crosscheck to the head. This prompted Luc to rush in and jump Blake from behind. Luc actually started hitting him. I had it on tape but since it wasn't a "fight" I didn't add it to my tape for that year. Wish I would have kept it because there are lots of McGrattan fans springing up who would like that footage and, in hindsight, it was real nice to see Luc roughing up Blake.

Old
11-13-2005, 12:27 PM
deano

You guys really do live in a fantasy. Fighting is becoming less important in the new game, and totally disappears in the playoffs no matter what the format is. Try becoming a fan of boxing

Old
11-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing
The only memory I have of McGrattan as a King is from training camp. Might have been the first year they played at Healthsouth because there were only like 10 people there, but McGrattan rode Norstrom hard into the boards with a clean hit and Blake came in and completely cheapshotted the kid from behind with a crosscheck to the head. This prompted Luc to rush in and jump Blake from behind. Luc actually started hitting him. I had it on tape but since it wasn't a "fight" I didn't add it to my tape for that year. Wish I would have kept it because there are lots of McGrattan fans springing up who would like that footage and, in hindsight, it was real nice to see Luc roughing up Blake.
That's awesome. Would have loved to see that.

Old
11-13-2005, 02:04 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano
You guys really do live in a fantasy. Fighting is becoming less important in the new game, and totally disappears in the playoffs no matter what the format is. Try becoming a fan of boxing

Sounds like your fantasy is coming true without fighting! Fighting will always be part of the game, and fans love it. I've never been to a game where fans boo fighting. If you watch "Hockey Night in Canada".......Don Cherry said the same thing yesterday. Players love it....fans love it.....so what's the problem? It's a violent sport and will always be.

Keep believeing that stuff you say. You might want to ask Vinny Lecavalier or Jerome Iginla what they think of that. The best series that the Kings ever had was in 93' with Toronto.....if you don't think that had fighting, you may have missed the series.

Old
11-13-2005, 02:17 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Me thinks you don't pay enough attention

Old
11-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
BK, you still have those Kings fight dvd's? If you do, I'm still interested.

Old
11-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Me thinks you don't pay enough attention
It's possible.

Old
11-13-2005, 03:51 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Reaper-

I still have all my stuff, it's just not as easy as when I was 19 and had all kinds of free time to make tapes and whatnot. I still want to do something for you though, probably in December after this semester is over and the Kings are on the road.

Old
11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

McGrattan had an oddball junior career. He spent 5 seasons in the OHL, playing on 6 different teams. He didn't get to play that much either. He just went a little crazy in the AHL and I think those PIM's are an example of how much of a liability he could be on the ice. I'm not sure if he's that much of a loss.

Old
11-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Reaper-

I still have all my stuff, it's just not as easy as when I was 19 and had all kinds of free time to make tapes and whatnot. I still want to do something for you though, probably in December after this semester is over and the Kings are on the road.
No worries man, just let me know.

Closed Thread