HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another crazy Comrie proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 12:48 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

vCash: 500
Another crazy Comrie proposal

To Washington: Comrie+Salo+Rita/pick
To Oil:Eminger+Sutherby+Ouellet

The Salo Ouellet part is somwhat far fetched. I like the Eminger/Comrie part the most. The Caps aren't happy with Kolzig and if they were to get Salo, the would be able to trade Kolzig.

The Oil get a solid young D-man and Sutherby could be a top 2 or 3 center. Oullet would give us another goalie prospect.

How about simply Comrie for Eminger if the above trade doesn't work?

Old
10-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Well, that's a lot of dreaming from an Oiler POV. The Capitals would never do that. Eminger is probably their most valuable youngster (or maybe Semin), and they really like Sutherby. Not to mention Ouellet had an awesome season last year in the AHL. I think the Oilers would be extremely lucky to get Eminger for Comrie alone (and personally, I still don't think Washington would do it).

Old
10-30-2003, 01:12 PM
MrMackey

I like the players we get back, but there are a couple of things with the overall deal that I don't really like so much:

1. All of the players coming back are so young that we'd seemingly be committing 100% to a rebuilding mode.

2. Sutherby looks like he'll be a great two-way centre - but I don't know if he'll be first line calibre offensively.

3. From a Washington perspective, they're hurting for d already and Gonchar may be traded soon too, if there is any truth to the rumours.

Old
10-30-2003, 01:34 PM
LawnDemon

the caps are happy with kolzig - just not his salary. why would they trade anything (never mind a future #1 goalie) for a worse over-priced goalie?

Closed Thread