HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Talk

Old
11-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Yeah, Brown only averages 25 goals a season over the last 4 years. He is a real problem.
And if he wasn't so wildly inconsistent he'd be a better scorer. The guy is streaky and has been nonexistent at even strength play this season.Two of his three goals this season have come on the powerplay.

Go look at his game log last season and observe the long goalless droughts he went through last season.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20102011

One goal in 10 games, one goal in 17 games, one goal in 5 games, one goal in 11 games, one goal in 5 games. Captain consistency right there.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:18 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
And if he wasn't so wildly inconsistent he'd be a better scorer. The guy is streaky and has been nonexistent at even strength play this season.Two of his three goals this season have come on the powerplay.

Go look at his game log last season and observe the long goalless droughts he went through last season.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20102011

One goal in 10 games, one goal in 17 games, one goal in 5 games, one goal in 11 games, one goal in 5 games. Captain consistency right there.
A lot of players are streaky. Kopitar even has scoring droughts. You gonna trade him too? Get off the Brown bashing. No one said he was consistent. Over the course of a season he will get you 22-28 goals and around 40 - 50 points. That's a 2nd line player in today's NHL.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I didn't advocate trading him, but his pattern of inconsistency and inability to make plays makes him one of the more frustrating Kings to watch. His lack of intensity and physicality has also become a concern of late. I don't know what has gotten into his head, but he does not appear to be the same player he once was. That is what bothers me about him.

Old
11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Chazz Reinhold

For the people who detest criticism of Brown, what do you make of his constant turnovers either at the blueline or along the wall in the zone? You can't honestly say you don't see it, can you?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:33 PM
AStammer7*

Kings Need To Make Some Changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
No trading Voynov. Stoll+AMart for a solid forward. As someone said before, I think Stoll sees the writing on the wall. I think other teams can use him. Then bring up VOynov and Lokti. These two NEED to be in the lineup.

They've done their part to get a shot at this. If using the "they haven't proven themselves" excuse, what more does a young player have to do to get a shot? Great young players are found only when given chances.

Also, this move would free up cap space for yet another trade or FA at the deadline.

Do it now!
If Lombardi isn't going to pull the trigger on a deal soon the season might just get away from him. If I was him I'd send some players elsewhere. How about a multiple player deal with New Jersey that sends,Stoll,Penner,Doughty,Bernier,Scuderi and Martinez for Parise,Larsson,Tallinder,Hedberg,and a first rounder in 2012.

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:36 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
For the people who detest criticism of Brown, what do you make of his constant turnovers either at the blueline or along the wall in the zone? You can't honestly say you don't see it, can you?

Brown is a valuable asset. You can't argue otherwise. However, you can argue that he kills momentum just as often as he creates it. That is arguably a quality not fit for a top six role. The brown bashing is completely unjustified here. It's not his fault TM puts him in the top six. He is good on the power play and has earned his position in that role. I wish that was true for his position in the top six. He is better suited for third line duty. Nobody says you can't score 20-30 goals a season on the third line with #1 pp time. Time for TM to find a way to use his players better and get more out of them. No trade is necessary at this time. It's coaching....that's the problem. If TM can't figure it out quick then he needs to go

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Here's the thing. I do think Brown is a top six forward. HE certainly does have the ability to play in the top six. The problem is that it appears as if his role is undefined as to what he is supposed to accomplish out there.

He should not be the player handling the puck, he should be making sure his center has the puck and Brown should be finding open pockets in the offensive zone or crashing the net. None of the dangling and playmaking that he constantly fails at.

Old
11-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
Brown is a valuable asset. You can't argue otherwise. However, you can argue that he kills momentum just as often as he creates it. That is arguably a quality not fit for a top six role. The brown bashing is completely unjustified here. It's not his fault TM puts him in the top six. He is good on the power play and has earned his position in that role. I wish that was true for his position in the top six. He is better suited for third line duty. Nobody says you can't score 20-30 goals a season on the third line with #1 pp time. Time for TM to find a way to use his players better and get more out of them. No trade is necessary at this time. It's coaching....that's the problem. If TM can't figure it out quick then he needs to go
What frustrates me the most about Brown is actually Murray. You never hear Murray say anything about Brown's game, even though he makes the same poor puck management decisions over and over and over again. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but considering Brown continues to play the same way when it comes to making plays with the puck, I think it's a pretty safe assumption Murray doesn't hold him accountable for his turnovers at all, especially considering he never loses ice time even after the worst of turnovers. If you're in Murray's Old Boys' Club, you can do no wrong. But if you're Trevor Lewis or Andrei Loktionov or Trent Hunter or Brad Richardson or Alex Ponikarovsky you better sure as **** not do anything wrong, otherwise you'll be demoted/scratched/called out in the press.

I understand Brown is valuable in certain ways. I just wish he was held accountable for making the same mistakes over and over because I think he would stop making them if he was.

Old
11-08-2011, 08:48 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

You must have forgot that Brown is incapable of getting his center the puck on a consistent basis. He has tunnel vision and often gets stuck with his head down while trying to stick handle into the zone and consequently turns the puck over. I agree with everything you say but you are asking him to do something he is not used to or maybe even capable of doing. He is better suited on the third line. Dump the puck. Crash the net. Hit opposing players. Then get pp time. Thats Brown's game IMO.

Old
11-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Nex06

Quote:
That is pretty much my ONLY criticism of Brown at the moment. For everything else I am of opinion that everyone has advantages and disadvantages. Brown's advantages in my opinion still beat all the disadvantages at his price tag. If he is part of PP unit he should go STRAIGHT to the front of the net and make SURE that he doesn't touch the puck. Everytime he comes close to the puck, it's lost. He is terrible and he will never get better. Get away from the puck, get away from the puck, that's all I'm repeating during power plays. Dustin Brown should be playing without the puck 95% of the time and if done correctly, he could have been extremely dangerous in the remaining 5%. I am talking about top 6 dangerous.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
That is pretty much my ONLY criticism of Brown at the moment. For everything else I am of opinion that everyone has advantages and disadvantages. Brown's advantages in my opinion still beat all the disadvantages at his price tag. If he is part of PP unit he should go STRAIGHT to the front of the net and make SURE that he doesn't touch the puck. Everytime he comes close to the puck, it's lost. He is terrible and he will never get better. Get away from the puck, get away from the puck, that's all I'm repeating during power plays. Dustin Brown should be playing without the puck 95% of the time and if done correctly, he could have been extremely dangerous in the remaining 5%. I am talking about top 6 dangerous.
That's what drives me nuts though. He is constantly up in positions to make plays and turn the puck over. It's like the assumption is that one day he'll figure it out, when it's blatantly obvious he won't. He should not be the one on his line carrying the puck in; Mike Richards should. Yet Brown more times than not just buries his head and tries to force a play into the zone. I've noticed Richards become visibly frustrated when Brown makes one of those plays and Richards was an easy option.

Old
11-08-2011, 08:54 PM
SFKingshomer

Who's going to replace Stolls faceoffs?

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
That's what drives me nuts though. He is constantly up in positions to make plays and turn the puck over. It's like the assumption is that one day he'll figure it out, when it's blatantly obvious he won't. He should not be the one on his line carrying the puck in; Mike Richards should. Yet Brown more times than not just buries his head and tries to force a play into the zone. I've noticed Richards become visibly frustrated when Brown makes one of those plays and Richards was an easy option.
Then that's on the coaching staff to say hey Brownie, let Richards carry the puck. The hate he receives around here is ridiculous.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Kopitar's improvement this year and Richards?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:02 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Richardson owns the circle (Though he's actually doing well at 17-5 right now haha)

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Kopitar and Richards. You know, the guys with top 30 faceoffs won with one of them (Kopitar, 54.9%) actually ranking 9th among these top 30 faceoff players in the league.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:06 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:

Stoll should not be traded.

He should be forced to remove his visor though.

Maybe he will regain his form as a result.

He is only using it to help prevent a career threatening injury.

He is in the last year of his contract and wants that protection.

Unfortunately it is affecting his play.

Unfortunately the NHL does not grant teams the right to restrict players from making any changes that might hinder their performance as a result.

Unfortunately....

Last edited by jonrazor12: 11-08-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old
11-08-2011, 09:09 PM
kingfansince1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
can coaches be traded?
With Nashville visiting tonite, here is the trade: Murray for Kirk Muller.

At least it's worth a thought

kingfansince1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

New trade.

Penner and Stoll for Vanek and Pominville

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
New trade.

Penner and Stoll for Vanek and Pominville
At least keep the trades to those that CAN happen in NHL2012.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:18 PM
KingsFan24*

To Philly
Jarret Stoll
Willie Mitchell
Jonathan Bernier

To LA
Danny Briere
Andrej Meszaros
Max Talbot

I would love this trade. Never really liked Willie Mitchell haha. And I would hate to see Dustin Penner to leave even though he is as inconsistant as Alexander Frolov. Jonathan Bernier can leave for all I care he aint gonna be a #1 goalie for LA.

KingsFan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:19 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
At least keep the trades to those that CAN happen in NHL2012.

He must still be playing NHL09

Old
11-08-2011, 09:20 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan24 View Post
To Philly
Jarret Stoll
Willie Mitchell
Jonathan Bernier

To LA
Danny Briere
Andrej Meszaros
Max Talbot

I would love this trade. Never really liked Willie Mitchell haha. And I would hate to see Dustin Penner to leave even though he is as inconsistant as Alexander Frolov. Jonathan Bernier can leave for all I care he aint gonna be a #1 goalie for LA.

Are you a Kings fan?

Old
11-08-2011, 09:23 PM
KingsFan24*

hahaha im a hardcore kings fan. Cmon Meszaros is an elite Def and Danny can help our 2 goals a game situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
Are you a Kings fan?

KingsFan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:45 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan24 View Post
hahaha im a hardcore kings fan. Cmon Meszaros is an elite Def and Danny can help our 2 goals a game situation.
First off, the trade does not even work because it puts the Kings way over the cap. But lets say they had a few extra mil in space to accommodate for the sake of argument. Here is a list of why this trade does not benefit the Kings.

First, Mitchell>Meszaros

Second, Danny's cap hit would cripple the team and restrict their ability to sign a impact forward in the offseason. His play might soon be on the decline as well.

Third, Quick is far from securing the King's goaltending position long term. It will be a battle for the next 18 months. There is no telling that Quick is better than JB (long term) just yet. Goaltending is something the Kings have lacked for years. You want to give that up for a overpaid center possibly on the decline?