HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lines and Pairings

Old
11-05-2011, 07:13 PM
ilovemarkmessier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferek Stepaninner View Post
They'd make even more sense if you spelt all of the players' names properly.

It's Stepan not Stephan.

It's Christensen not Christenson

It's Fedotenko not Fedetenko.

With that being said, why would me move MZA to the left wing? He's a right wing and far as I'm concerned, Fedotenko did very well with Stepan and Gaborik.

Fedotenko-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Prust-Boyle-Deveuax
Ftanks is not top six talent having him play on the second line cause that is the line Gaborik plays on btw would not benefit the team.

Last edited by NYR Sting: 11-06-2011 at 10:29 AM.
ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemarkmessier View Post
At least your spelling makes up for your lack of hockey knowledge. Ftanks is not top six talent having him play on the second line cause that is the line Gaborik plays on btw would not benefit the team.
Fedotenko isn't an offensive talent, but he has chemistry with both Stepan and Gaborik. He also has the ability to to go into the dirty areas and get the puck to Stepan and Gaborik. Look at the Penguins and how they use Chris Kunitz, Kunitz isn't far more talented than Fedotenko, but he plays on Pittsburgh's top line.

I think you need to do a bit more research before you go critiquing someone with out any evidence.

That Stepan Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 12:53 AM
ilovemarkmessier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferek Stepaninner View Post
Fedotenko isn't an offensive talent, but he has chemistry with both Stepan and Gaborik. He also has the ability to to go into the dirty areas and get the puck to Stepan and Gaborik. Look at the Penguins and how they use Chris Kunitz, Kunitz isn't far more talented than Fedotenko, but he plays on Pittsburgh's top line.

I think you need to do a bit more research before you go critiquing someone with out any evidence.

I may be new to forums but have been a diehard since 1985 when we really sucked. Ftank is too slow to play with Gaborik and Stepan. Lets be honest in the NHL speed is everything. Wouldnt you rather see a good skater with those guys. Also I think Stepan done a great job getting the puck to Gaborik at this point. Give MZA a chance with them hes a creative playmaker it could pay big dividends if a team is this good defensivly could also score.

Old
11-06-2011, 10:09 AM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemarkmessier View Post
I may be new to forums but have been a diehard since 1985 when we really sucked. Ftank is too slow to play with Gaborik and Stepan. Lets be honest in the NHL speed is everything. Wouldnt you rather see a good skater with those guys. Also I think Stepan done a great job getting the puck to Gaborik at this point. Give MZA a chance with them hes a creative playmaker it could pay big dividends if a team is this good defensivly could also score.
How is Fedotenko slow? He keeps up very well for his age, Prospal would have been just as slow if not slower. It's not like Stepan is very fast either.

Look at Tampa with Malone/Purcell and Pittsburgh with Kunitz. You don't always need 3 scorers to succeed, 1 grinder/power forward helps dish out the puck in the corners and go into the dirty areas.

That Stepan Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Crease

Whats your lineup: 7 Oct 11 against Ottawa

Title says it all. What lineup do you want for tomorrow night's matchup against the Senators. I'm going with the following:

Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik // Hottest line on the team right now
Dubinsky - Richards - Callahan // Hoping Dubinsky gets going soon
Avery - Christensen - Fedetenko // Would love to see Avery get some more minutes
Prust - Boyle - Deveaux // Fourth line players who should get fourth line minutes

Girardi - Sauer // Love these guys together
McD - MDZ // McD can let MDZ be more aggressive on the rush
Eminger - Stralman // Shouldn't get too much time but I want to see Stralman

Lundqvist // Given

You guys?

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:07 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Agree with the forward lines, but I wouldn't break up the top-4 defense. Just scratch Eminger and slide Stralman in his spot.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Vitto79

errrr I think its pretty obvious it will be the exact same lines that has been winning games

I am cool with the way it is right now although I think it's inevitable they make a call up and Deveaux sits

on D whenever Stralman gets enough practice in then Woywitka sits

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
errrr I think its pretty obvious it will be the exact same lines that has been winning games

I am cool with the way it is right now although I think it's inevitable they make a call up and Deveaux sits

on D whenever Stralman gets enough practice in then Woywitka sits
We all know what the lines will likely be. This is your opportunity to play Scotty Bowman.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Tawnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I know we love to think that D are interchangeable, but for the most part, they aren't... so what you have there is:

RD-RD
LD-LD
LD-RD

Why do that when you could have

LD-RD
LD-RD
LD-RD

?

McDonagh-Girardi
MDZ-Sauer
Eminger-Stralman

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Crease

I've always felt that handedness mattered more on the point during the PP than during even-strength. But that's just me.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Tawnos

Quote:
I've always felt that handedness mattered more on the point during the PP than during even-strength. But that's just me.
I think it's overblown, but to say there is absolutely no effect in the defensive zone is not true at all. A right-handed defenseman doesn't have to reach across his body to stick check a forward coming down the wing when he's on the right side and that split second of difference could mean everything at NHL speeds.

It's not really about that though. Girardi and Sauer have been playing RD for years. McDonagh and MDZ have been playing LD for years. When your top pairings are fine leaving the guys in their accustomed positions, why change it?

Old
11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I think it's overblown, but to say there is absolutely no effect in the defensive zone is not true at all. A right-handed defenseman doesn't have to reach across his body to stick check a forward coming down the wing when he's on the right side and that split second of difference could mean everything at NHL speeds.

It's not really about that though. Girardi and Sauer have been playing RD for years. McDonagh and MDZ have been playing LD for years. When your top pairings are fine leaving the guys in their accustomed positions, why change it?
Touche. Point taken.

Old
11-09-2011, 12:44 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
I know we love to think that D are interchangeable, but for the most part, they aren't... so what you have there is:

RD-RD
LD-LD
LD-RD

Why do that when you could have

LD-RD
LD-RD
LD-RD

?

McDonagh-Girardi
MDZ-Sauer
Eminger-Stralman
eminger and stralman are both righty...so that 3rd pair would be RD-RD unless woywitka plays

but regardless, imo the handedness isn't the top reason to not split up the top 2 pairs. the bigger reason is that mcdonagh/girardi and mdz/sauer have played great together, so why would you change it?

the only reason to split up those pairs is if we get staal back or acquire a top 4 dman...but as long as those 4 are the top 4 then mixing up the combos just for the sake of changing them makes no sense.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Tawnos

I never really mentioned handedness in that initial post. Eminger is accustomed to playing either side as needed, unlike the rest of the D on the roster.

Old
11-09-2011, 03:08 PM
ilovemarkmessier

Quote:
I never really mentioned handedness in that initial post. Eminger is accustomed to playing either side as needed, unlike the rest of the D on the roster.

Cant wait till Staal is back and Eminger riding the bench where he belongs. Even Woywitka outplaying him to this point.

Old
11-09-2011, 05:21 PM
MAYO

I just want to gloat and go on record that in post 140 of this thread I suggested putting Step-A.A.-Gabs together and the only one to agree with me was "Bleeding Blue 24" and ohhhh ya, Coach Torts!...

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Bardof425*

Call up MZA and go with

Ani Step Gabby
MZA Richie Cally
Dubi EC Avery
Prust Boyle Feds

That third line can score and all three can really skate. Richards needs two wings with some skill and the ability to bury his feeds. Sorry Deveaux you have played well and should dress against really tough teams but this 12 should be our makeup for now.

Recall Zucc and make it happen.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:57 AM
ncmike

Quote:
Title says it all. What lineup do you want for tomorrow night's matchup against the Senators. I'm going with the following:

Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik // Hottest line on the team right now
Dubinsky - Richards - Callahan // Hoping Dubinsky gets going soon
Avery - Christensen - Fedetenko // Would love to see Avery get some more minutes
Prust - Boyle - Deveaux // Fourth line players who should get fourth line minutes

Lundqvist // Given

You guys?
I would like to see Dubinsky dropped down with Boyle's line and MZA called up to play with Richards line.

Anisimov/Stepan/Gaborik
MZA/Richards/Callahan
Dubinsky/Boyle/Prust
Fedetenko/Christensen/Deveaux

ncmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
NYR Viper

MZA should definitely be playing on this team right now. Aside from the AA-Stepan-Gaborik line, the team is void of any skill whatsoever. Even Richards is having problems playing with all of the grinders the Rangers have.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 3000
I know we're still a while away from Staal returning, but I have a question. When he eventually returns, is there a way we don't use the Staal-Girardi pair for a while? My reason is so that we give Girardi less minutes so he can have some sort of a break from playing about 30 minutes a night.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems

Last edited by Kane One: 11-10-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:18 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmike View Post
I would like to see Dubinsky dropped down with Boyle's line and MZA called up to play with Richards line.

Anisimov/Stepan/Gaborik
MZA/Richards/Callahan
Dubinsky/Boyle/Prust
Fedetenko/Christensen/Deveaux
Anisimov/Stepan/Gaborik
MZA/Richards/Callahan
Dubinsky/Boyle/Avery
Fedetenko/Christensen/Prust
Deveaux

When Rupp & WW return, things get interesting...

maybe ?:

Wolski/Stepan/Gaborik
MZA/Richards/Callahan
Dubinsky/Anisimov/Avery
Fedetenko or Rupp/Boyle/Prust
Christensen

For the 1st five minutes that is, Then it is a game of Torts musical chairs on the lines anyway...

But I doubt we ever see this...

Last edited by BBKers: 11-10-2011 at 12:25 PM.
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Sorry, I have to disagree with your assessment--Eminger was horrible last year when he tried to play the left side. Ultimately, he's going to be in a fight for the 7th spot.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I know we're still a while away from Staal returning, but I have a question. When he eventually returns, is there a way we don't use the Staal-Girardi pair for a while? My reason is so that we give Girardi less minutes so he can have some sort of a break from playing about 30 minutes a night.
If McD and Sauer is the second pair and the third pair is MDZ/whoever, they will not need to play 30 minutes. McD and Sauer can easily soak up 22 - 24 minutes and MDZ and his partner another 12 -15

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
what they should do is call up Zuccarello and have him with Anisimov and Fedotenko..............run Avery with Boyle, Prust........keep top two lines the way they are
Or

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik, Dubinsky-Boyle-Callahan, Fedotenko-Richards-Zuccarello, Avery-Deveaux/christensen-Prust

If Zuccarello has 2 good games for the whale this weekend, i hope he gets the call up, and is given a chance to prove himself on the road trip. Torts should have no problem finding him icetime the way the team is playing now, and with Wolski out he should get a chance to win that spot.

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 07:01 AM
truebluegoalie

So the top line of AA, Stepan, and Gaborik didn't get a point against the canes and AA was a -1. How long before we see them broken up?

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote