HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg at Buffalo [Tues 11/8/2011 - 7 PM - MSG-B]

Old
11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Right now you could argue he does. Jason Pominville is certainly playing like one.
Seems that way

I guess they are hoping Adam will develop well with those two, seems like a good plan as far as I know

How is Adam's defensive play? I know Vanek gets criticized for that some times

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:32 PM
PuckSim8

Quote:
Right now you could argue he does. Jason Pominville is certainly playing like one.
He definitely is taking all the draws at least. Did Adam actually take a faceoff without getting kicked out tonight? I swear every time he went in the middle, Pommers was taking the faceoff seconds later.

It was like tennis, Adam is the first serve and Pominville is the second. Sheesh.

PuckSim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:35 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Seems that way

I guess they are hoping Adam will develop well with those two, seems like a good plan as far as I know

How is Adam's defensive play? I know Vanek gets criticized for that some times
Not lately. He's so vastly improved from the time he broke into the league it's not even funny. He's getting regular PK time as well. He's beasting in all three zones. Lindy Ruff said back then that his goal was to make Vanek the most complete 2-way player in the league...and right now Vanek must be making him proud.

Adam has a way to go as most rookies do. He got caught on lazy backchecks earlier in the season, but the good news is he's trying not to repeat those mistakes. But given that Pommer is one of the best defensive forwards on the team, that certainly helps cover for any defensive lapses by Adam.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Not lately. He's so vastly improved from the time he broke into the league it's not even funny. He's getting regular PK time as well. He's beasting in all three zones. Lindy Ruff said back then that his goal was to make Vanek the most complete 2-way player in the league...and right now Vanek must be making him proud.

Adam has a way to go as most rookies do. He got caught on lazy backchecks earlier in the season, but the good news is he's trying not to repeat those mistakes. But given that Pommer is one of the best defensive forwards on the team, that certainly helps cover for any defensive lapses by Adam.
Good insight

Thanks bud

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:50 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckSim8 View Post
He definitely is taking all the draws at least. Did Adam actually take a faceoff without getting kicked out tonight? I swear every time he went in the middle, Pommers was taking the faceoff seconds later.

It was like tennis, Adam is the first serve and Pominville is the second. Sheesh.
Knowing Pommer is right there if he gets tossed should be empowering for a kid like Adam. He can be more aggressive and cheat as much as possible on faceoffs knowing he has that kind of backup.

Whether it leads to more success for Adam on faceoffs down the road, only time will tell.

Last edited by joshjull: 11-09-2011 at 02:51 AM.
joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Matty K

Corey Tropp played like a beast tonight and deserved his goal tonight for his hard work.

Great work from the Rookie and hopefully he keeps it up and makes it tough on Management to send him back to the American Hockey League.

Matty K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:01 PM
jamers
bleep bop bloop

vCash: 50
Wow, just finished watching the game. Ugly, ugly, ugly win. I'm pretty sure that was the exact opposite of how Ruff wanted them to play that one. Undisciplined on both sides; the calls favored us tonight though for sure. Bad defensive play on both teams, not good goaltending. It just seemed like every decent shot on net was going in for both teams.

Good to get these points, but I never want to see the Sabres play like that again.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty K View Post
Corey Tropp played like a beast tonight and deserved his goal tonight for his hard work.

Great work from the Rookie and hopefully he keeps it up and makes it tough on Management to send him back to the American Hockey League.
He was good but had he not scored that goal would he be a topic now? The good thing is, the Sabres have incredible depth.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Yummy Tree Sap

Really really bad defensive play tonight by the Sabres. Good thing the Jets decided to take about a million penalties. Sekera was the embodiment of everything I dislike about him tonight.

Yummy Tree Sap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Matty K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
He was good but had he not scored that goal would he be a topic now? The good thing is, the Sabres have incredible depth.
Even if Tropp hadn't of scored he has played like a beast since he's been up here. You can't take away the fact how well he's playing and if he keeps playing the way he is Corey is going to make it tough for Management to send him back to the American Hockey League.

Matty K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 11:13 PM
keithLGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Incredible depth? Where? I guess it depends if you mean NHL ready or ready in years to come.

Corey Tropp is a player willing to play any role and looks good. Colin Stuart, Derek Whitmore and Paul Szczechura appear as if they could fill in if needed.

There's players to fill in but I'd hold off on saying "incredible."

keithLGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 11:15 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithLGA View Post
Incredible depth? Where? I guess it depends if you mean NHL ready or ready in years to come.

Corey Tropp is a player willing to play any role and looks good. Colin Stuart, Derek Whitmore and Paul Szczechura appear as if they could fill in if needed.

There's players to fill in but I'd hold off on saying "incredible."
I think he means at the NHL level (which certainly the Sabres have quality depth in spades). The depth comment the way I read it is more like "they don't need to rush Tropp, they can afford for him to develop."

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote