HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Hitchcock to Coach St. Louis

Old
11-08-2011, 10:21 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 500
Good for Hitch & the Blues getting a win in his debut tonight.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:23 PM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

Hitch is 1-0 with STL, shutting out the 'Hawks, 3-0. Think Chicago will be ready to play here on Thursday?

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:27 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bester vaive View Post
Hitch is 1-0 with STL, shutting out the 'Hawks, 3-0. Think Chicago will be ready to play here on Thursday?
UGH!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bester vaive View Post
5-0 Hitch... Halak gets two SO's in a row and Mason is worse than normal.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:58 AM
BJfan
NobodyBeatsTheWiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Since you aren't getting the logic, maybe St. Loius decided to be aggressive, however that had nothing to do with any desire from the CBJ or Hitch to be back behind the bench as the Jackets coach.

Now, I'm not going to convince you, but I don't really care. I'm 100% sure that Priest believes that Arniel is a good coach and didn't want to make a move and I'm 100% sure that Hitch didn't want to be back behind the Jackets bench again.
Arny will be replaced if CBJ continue at sub .200 win %. As to your irrelevant assertations, yes I believe Priest thinks he is a good coach. Why else would the CBJ hire him? Still doesn't mean he'll never fire him. As to hitch behind the bench, do you think if priest fired both scotties hitch wouldn't jump at the chance to prove to the rest of the league he could still coach or would he rather sit in stands at practice and second guess new coach with priest? Pretty much all irrelevant now anyways

BJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:49 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfan View Post
Arny will be replaced if CBJ continue at sub .200 win %. As to your irrelevant assertations, yes I believe Priest thinks he is a good coach. Why else would the CBJ hire him? Still doesn't mean he'll never fire him. As to hitch behind the bench, do you think if priest fired both scotties hitch wouldn't jump at the chance to prove to the rest of the league he could still coach or would he rather sit in stands at practice and second guess new coach with priest? Pretty much all irrelevant now anyways
Like most people you don't listen to what people say. The only way hitch took the cbj job back was by gunpoint to keep the rest of that 1.5 million of so. He didn't want this freakin job back. But believe what you effing will.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfan View Post
Would you jump to come back to a job you were fired for 3 years ago due to poor performance, with roughly the same core you had when you left?

11-09-2011, 11:40 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

CHI now has the worst PP in the league.... How much you want to bet it won't be the worst after tomorrow night?

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:31 PM
EDM

I have got to believe that Hitch was not looking forward to being brought back to coach this team a second time and he would have eagerly jumped at any and every opportunity to coach anywhere else but Long Island.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I have got to believe that Hitch was not looking forward to being brought back to coach this team a second time and he would have eagerly jumped at any and every opportunity to coach anywhere else but Long Island.
Nah, the Islanders are going in a better direction than the CBJ.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:41 PM
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Good for Hitch & the Blues getting a win in his debut tonight.
Yep, I feel the same.... I know Hitch needed to be fired when he was, but it's clear that the only time the Jackets had credibility in the league was when Hitch was behind the bench.

MoeBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote