HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Concern about Lundqvist

Old
11-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
I've always thought of Hank as one of the better goalies in the league.

The soft goals is why I never considered him the best.
I agree with you. He has been one of the best regular season goalies over the past 6 seasons and is part of a core group of 5-7 goalies who are all pretty much on the same level.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Lundqvist is Lundqvist. He'll play like a top 5 goalie again, as he always does.

He's been a monster except against the Leafs, Sens and Habs. **** happens.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:34 PM
ilovemarkmessier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Lundqvist is a proven elite goaltender. There is no need for concern.

Seriously! The last thing the Rangers need to look at ! The King is a beast! Welcome to the forums.

ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

He's still Hank, but i agree he hasn't looked as comfortable, or superhuman as he did earlier. Perhaps he hasn't had to, as the team remembered how to play hockey, but he hasn't made me go "holy hell how did he get that" much since they came home.

Still elite goaltender.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:41 PM
John Torturella

Can't believe this thread. You can't hate on your team's MVP. That is clearly what Henrik is. Honestly, if Marty Biron was the starter through the first 5 games, we would have probably have 6 fewer points than we do right now.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
I'm not worried at all.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:14 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Define softees.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:01 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Torturella View Post
Can't believe this thread. You can't hate on your team's MVP. That is clearly what Henrik is. Honestly, if Marty Biron was the starter through the first 5 games, we would have probably have 6 fewer points than we do right now.
How does "concern" = "hate"

OP brings up a valid point, that after playing lights out to start the season Hank seems to be slightly off since the Oiler game...I don't think anyone can disagree about that.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:27 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Guys, lets try and welcome new people onto this board, not call them trolls. If you disagree with a thread topic voice your opinion and if you have a problem with a certain poster PM a Mod and we will look into it.

Calling someone a "troll" just because they are new accomplishes nothing except drive people away from growing into a valued poster on these boards.
Yeah. You can call me a troll though. I am from Iceland - "Kingdom of Trolls".

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
I've always thought of Hank as one of the better goalies in the league.

The soft goals is why I never considered him the best.
You have a case of serious tunnel vision. You're very welcome to point out any goaltender that doesn't allow the occassional soft goal. Do you even regularly watch other teams play? Do you have any understanding whatsoever for the position?

And while you're at it, you're welcome to point out any goalie that has been more consistent than Lundqvist since he entered the league. You think I'm a fan of Lundqvist because he's Swedish? No. He played for a team in SEL I don't like whatsoever. I am a fan of him because his awesomeness is pretty much undisputable. His high level of consistency is what makes him great. That you somehow believe that is his weakness, makes me .
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Torturella View Post
When the team is on a winning streak, what else are they supposed to whine about? They need to whine, simple as that. There's no 3rd pairing Euro D-man to boo your lungs out at (don't worry, Strålman is soon arriving), so they must find something to hack at.

This thread is a clear result of the kneejerk "what have you done for me lately" syndrome in the most ridiculous fashion and is frankly put pathetic. Hank carries the team - in God Mode - at the start of the season and then has a couple of average games. Nevermind six straight seasons of being the franchise MVP. We have as a team allowed the least number of goals in the entire conference, despite playing like absolute garbage for most of the season so far, especially when Hank has been playing. "What's wrong with Hank, why is he so bad?" What's wrong? That you're ignorant at the position of goaltending and has the attention span of a goldfish, that's what's wrong. When Biron steals the #1 job from Hank, then you can start worrying about why he's so bad.

Last edited by Chimp: 11-09-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:55 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
If it walks and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. In other words, Hank has been letting in soft goals his whole career as a Ranger, especially at the garden. I'm sure he'll pick it up in the next few games.
Every goalie in the league does this why do we seem to act as if it's worse with hank? The reason he's elite is because it happens less with him AND he makes incredible saves routinely. We just lack the ability to rationalize imperfection in the athletes we look up to as "Getting beat like normal"

SO in other words im saying what chimp said only in a nicer way lol.

Heres another way to look at it. Look at Ottowa's record. Same # of wins right? 7. Now look at Anderson's numbers.

Last edited by JimmyStart*: 11-09-2011 at 09:04 AM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:28 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
You have a case of serious tunnel vision. You're very welcome to point out any goaltender that doesn't allow the occassional soft goal. Do you even regularly watch other teams play? Do you have any understanding whatsoever for the position?

And while you're at it, you're welcome to point out any goalie that has been more consistent than Lundqvist since he entered the league. You think I'm a fan of Lundqvist because he's Swedish? No. He played for a team in SEL I don't like whatsoever. I am a fan of him because his awesomeness is pretty much undisputable. His high level of consistency is what makes him great. That you somehow believe that is his weakness, makes me .

When the team is on a winning streak, what else are they supposed to whine about? They need to whine, simple as that. There's no 3rd pairing Euro D-man to boo your lungs out at (don't worry, Strålman is soon arriving), so they must find something to hack at.

This thread is a clear result of the kneejerk "what have you done for me lately" syndrome in the most ridiculous fashion and is frankly put pathetic. Hank carries the team - in God Mode - at the start of the season and then has a couple of average games. Nevermind six straight seasons of being the franchise MVP. We have as a team allowed the least number of goals in the entire conference, despite playing like absolute garbage for most of the season so far, especially when Hank has been playing. "What's wrong with Hank, why is he so bad?" What's wrong? That you're ignorant at the position of goaltending and has the attention span of a goldfish, that's what's wrong. When Biron steals the #1 job from Hank, then you can start worrying about why he's so bad
Wow you must be a mind reader you know what the OP is thinking, let me know the final score of tonights game against the Sens I would like to lay down a bet.

The OP brought up a valid "concern" in fact the word CONCERN is in the title of his thread. He acknowledged Hank's beast mode at the start of the season...never said he was bad, and stated actual facts that Hank has not played up to his own high standards since coming out of the Oiler game. Can anyone disagree that the OP's point about Hanks post Oilers performance is incorrect?

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:36 AM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Define softees.
softees are goals that none of us would of never let in if we played in the NHL.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Every goalie in the league does this why do we seem to act as if it's worse with hank? The reason he's elite is because it happens less with him AND he makes incredible saves routinely. We just lack the ability to rationalize imperfection in the athletes we look up to as "Getting beat like normal"

SO in other words im saying what chimp said only in a nicer way lol.

Heres another way to look at it. Look at Ottowa's record. Same # of wins right? 7. Now look at Anderson's numbers.
I don't think it's any worse with Hank, it's just that we obviously watch more of his goalie work than all of the other goalies combined. Of course all the other so called "elite" goalies in the league struggle from time to time. Hank is no different than and no better than 5 or 6 other goalies in the league. There really isn't one goalie anymore that stands out head and shoulders above all the others like when Brodeur was in his prime and Hasek and Roy were in the league.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote