HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Zack Smith

Old
11-09-2011, 10:25 AM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
He's talking about hockey sense I assume. The hockey sense isn't blatantly obvious like it is with Alfie or even a Da Costa...but he's got some. It lands him in a lot of odd man rushes and him and Condra do anticipate the right times to break on the PK.

He's been known to take the dumb penalty, but that hasn't been a problem lately.
I am not talking about dumb penalties only. With "smarts", this guy can offer a ton more. He's a little Schuberesque if you now what I mean.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:28 AM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
I am not talking about dumb penalties only. With "smarts", this guy can offer a ton more. He's a little Schuberesque if you now what I mean.
That may come as he gets older. I'm pretty high on Smith, he's kind of like Neil-light but with a bit more skill and speed.

I hope to see him centering that third line for some time.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I'm not sure he takes a lot of dumb penalties, I've seen a few phantom calls made on him that were just bad calls. He works hard especialty defensively & on the PK & at times his hard work gets him an accidental trip call or something, you see lots of players getting these calls from time to time. I also think he is getting a bit of a reputation & the refs watch him a little closer. Personally, I love the way he plays & think he is becoming a big part of this team, he does so many things well away from the puck, he's tough & he is very good on faceoffs. It doesn't surprise me that he is getting more ice time along with Condra, they are developing some nice chemistry together with Daugavins on the left side.

Daugavins - Z. Smith - Condra - is a line that should stay together for a while.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:07 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

It seemed like Zack was thought of recently as a possible 4th line C, the fact that he is so readily accepted as a 3rd line c should be a great compliment, the fact that he may not become a 2nd line C can hardly be a knock on him. But i'd be wary of saying his development has stopped.

I also thought that he and Condra could become the next Kelly Vermette duo, more in terms of role than styles. They are both developing well and improving right now it seems to me.

Its also interesting to note that most Sens fans say that Neil has had a great year, playing some some of his best hockey, and really stepping everygame in his role like a good vet.

And yet along with Konopka, they are way out front leading the league in pims. Maybe its not directly because of the pims that he is playing great, but nor is the fact that he is taking lots something that is actually taking away from his game either.

------

Daugy-Zack-Condra
The Farm Boy line. Great advertising possibilities They have shown why they were able to win a Cup in the AHL, and they have been surprisingly effective together up here too, getting key minutes in key situations against top players and coming through.

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Karl Cowensson
Two Headed Monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkwild View Post
It seemed like Zack was thought of recently as a possible 4th line C, the fact that he is so readily accepted as a 3rd line c should be a great compliment, the fact that he may not become a 2nd line C can hardly be a knock on him. But i'd be wary of saying his development has stopped.

I also thought that he and Condra could become the next Kelly Vermette duo, more in terms of role than styles. They are both developing well and improving right now it seems to me.

Its also interesting to note that most Sens fans say that Neil has had a great year, playing some some of his best hockey, and really stepping everygame in his role like a good vet.

And yet along with Konopka, they are way out front leading the league in pims. Maybe its not directly because of the pims that he is playing great, but nor is the fact that he is taking lots something that is actually taking away from his game either.

------

Daugy-Zack-Condra
The Farm Boy line. Great advertising possibilities They have shown why they were able to win a Cup in the AHL, and they have been surprisingly effective together up here too, getting key minutes in key situations against top players and coming through.
Considering how much ice time Foligno-Da Costa-Butler have been getting, the farm boys might as well be our 2nd line. They've been great, and other than the sudden Spezza-Michalek connection, Smith, Greening, Condra and Daugs has one of the best surprises of the early season.

Karl Cowensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Michaleksanoynomous
Rookie User

1) Zach Smith
2) win games
3) ????
4) profit

Michaleksanoynomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:32 AM
HappyGilmour

Bump.

Zak is playing at an elite level.

I really think Condra's presence on his line (especially on the bench) is having a great effect on his overall game.

Discuss.

HappyGilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:38 AM
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmour View Post
Bump.

Zak is playing at an elite level.

I really think Condra's presence on his line (especially on the bench) is having a great effect on his overall game.

Discuss.
Condra = so much stamina that it leaks out and affects all those around him...?

But seriously, Smith has been playing great this year. It's been lots of fun watching him develop, definitely seems like a keeper.

SenatorsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:53 AM
HappyGilmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaFan View Post
Condra = so much stamina that it leaks out and affects all those around him...?

But seriously, Smith has been playing great this year. It's been lots of fun watching him develop, definitely seems like a keeper.
Don't you remember what he did for Ryan Shannons game last year?

HappyGilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:01 AM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote