HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RE: doug maclean's comments on Kadri

Old
11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

vCash: 500
4 pts in 6 games is a rough start?

Only in Doug Maclean's world.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

the thing with kadri is that he reminds me of Mike Ribeiro on and off the ice!

and if his ultimate potential is Robeiro he is a moveable piece.

Rockinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:53 AM
daveleaf

Kyper is not a bad guy, he breaks a lot of stories and has been there. I enjoy listening to him.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Koolboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by edruga View Post
People want to trade Kadri for Schneider now?
Very slim chance of that happening , Louango hasn't been that great

eventhough I hate to see Leafs lose Kadri, but Van is one of the teams I wouldn't mind seeing Kadri play

Koolboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Dutch77
Predictable..

If anybody knows anything about managing prospects and young players its Doug Maclean

Dutch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:57 AM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
4 pts in 6 games is a rough start?

Only in Doug Maclean's world.
NO goals in six games for a guy who is supposed to good for AHL hocky is a rough start. Go down and do what Colborne and Crabb did, then it's a "good start".

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:58 AM
getyourselfsomerest

LOL Doug MacLean doesn't know his a** from his elbow. After being pointless in his first two games with the Marlies(coming back from injury) he has 4 points in 4 games (95% sure that's correct. Too lazy to check it). He has proven just as much as Frattin has yet Frattin gets 12 games to stick with the club while Kadri gets 3. It's stupid really.

getyourselfsomerest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:00 AM
getyourselfsomerest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
NO goals in six games for a guy who is supposed to good for AHL hocky is a rough start. Go down and do what Colborne and Crabb did, then it's a "good start".
Colborne and Crabb had a chance to practice with the Marlies and know the team and how it's playing. Kadri is 1. Just coming back from and injury and 2. Playing with new linemates in a new system.

getyourselfsomerest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:03 AM
edruga

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan80 View Post
Schneider can win a game on his back. Can Kadri?
Very few 21 year olds can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolboss View Post
Very slim chance of that happening , Louango hasn't been that great

eventhough I hate to see Leafs lose Kadri, but Van is one of the teams I wouldn't mind seeing Kadri play
If this were last season, the idea of Schneider coming back for Kadri would have been scoffed at.

edruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:07 AM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourselfsomerest View Post
Colborne and Crabb had a chance to practice with the Marlies and know the team and how it's playing. Kadri is 1. Just coming back from and injury and 2. Playing with new linemates in a new system.
What a load of rationalizations. My goodness. Hey, I'm not saying he's been dreadful, but he CERTAINLY isn't doing ANYTHING to warrant a call up yet.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:07 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsDiary View Post
I have heard a couple things from someone close to the Leafs:
1) Kadri's attitude at the start of the season irked some of the veterans in the room
2) His attitude last year in the AHL was not very good
3) When he gave the finger to the camera during McCarthur's interview it disappointed management because they don't think he has matured yet.

Take that for what you will, but I don't think Kadri has necessarily earned a spot on the club yet. Not the club keeping him out.
I usually wouldn't support baseless speculation, but I can actually believe all 3 to be true. 4 pts in 6 games ain't bad, but it's not exactly dominating when all you're relied on to do is score.

Kadri for Luongo haha

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Ari91

If there are issues between Kadri and the organization and they are considering parting ways with Kadri, you don't make a sales pitch by pointing out everything wrong with the product. Kadri has addressed the rumours on his Twitter saying none of its true. He could be saying that just for show but at the same time, he didn't have to acknowledge it at all so take that as you'd like. Maybe Wilson and Burke are critical of Kadri because they recognize him as their best prospect in the system and have high expectations of his potential. Rather than rushing him, they give him as much time as they feel is necessary for him to develop his game and give him opportunities to showcase his talents as the situations arise.

Clearly I don't know the specifics to the situation but Kadri playing in the minors can be looked at as a positive move by management just as it can be looked at as a negative.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Only solution: PLAY HIM!

The kid never gets any consistent game time. Play him. Leafs drafted him and they just dump him in the AHL. This kid needs CONFIDENCE!

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:11 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Cory Schneider is almost 26 years old, and has played out his waiver eligability. He's won some games with a very dynamic Vancouver team. I like him and would love to have him on my team but not ever at the expense of a 21 year old prospect just entering his 2nd pro season.

If you want to trade for a guy like that, look to players that won't help you as much 2-5 years down the road. Liles, MacA, Lupul, make much more sense to me than Kadri.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

I have a strange feeling Kadri will be traded anyway.

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:17 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
I have a strange feeling Kadri will be traded anyway.
I hope he is. I wouldn't give him away for anything less than a significant improvement immediately though and I wouldn't want another prospect in return. We're one of the youngest teams in the NHL, I don't want another youngster that hasn't show he can post points.

Old
11-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Interactif

London Head Coach Dale Hunter on Kadri:
Quote:
No one knows Nazem Kadri’s character and ability better than Dale Hunter.

“Nazem was our best player and he’s a good kid,” the London Knights head coach said Tuesday after a Toronto tidal wave of criticism continues to crash down on the Maple Leafs first-rounder during his second NHL training camp. “When he was here, he did everything we asked of him. He scored. He hit. He really cared about the London Knights when he was here.
Wilson on Kadri:

Quote:
Wilson said Kadri needs to get some of the “junior” things out of his game and has been openly critical of the teenager.
Furthermore Cherry to Kadri's defence:

Quote:
Let's get something straight here now, the kid was the first star, he was a plus player, he had no giveaways and had two assists and the coach after the game said he has nasty habits," Cherry said.

"Why would a coach say a young boy has nasty habits? You want to know why? I'll tell you why. Because they've got to justify him not being up here [with the Leafs] from the start."
Which kadri replied:

"
Quote:
I did hear [about it]," Kadri said. "I actually have no clue what Don said. It seems like he’s always got my back. I actually had Don as a coach in the prospects game and you know I got to know him pretty well there. Every time he gives me a shout out, I’m more than happy to accept it."
And people wonder why Ron Wilson has a rep for not being liked.

Read into these comments what you may.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:19 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Fire Wilson, one would suppose

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:24 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post

Wilson on Kadri:

Which kadri replied:

"

The thing is Wilson is right. Kadri has some nasty dangling habits and doesn't put enough in defensively (like all of forwards, save for maybe Brown-Town).

Old
Dayjobdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
Ok Dayjob. Fess up.
Just here we are in early November, Kadri is out of favour with Leaf management and there are rumours he has asked to be traded, Columbus is in the tank, their owner has mused aloud that maybe Nash shouldn't be the captain...they want to save cash...we want a top 6 who can bang and crash....

wouldn't it be ironic....

Dayjobdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

He need's to be up on the team. He will get things clicking in the AHL again there's no doubt in my mind about that, but right now he is a better option than Crabb. He can only learn so much before hitting a new level of hockey in the NHL anyway, and he should have been up from the start but the injury negated that. Now that he's got a few games under his belt as well as his legs, I think his presence would be more then welcomed in the offensive end. The defensive game for him will come.

KingBuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
BIitz
RIP LL

I literally can't believe some of you guys sometimes. Everybody is spoiled now-a-days with 18 year olds entering the league. However, their is nothing wrong with taking more time. The kid is ONLY 21. Sure, he could play on the third line probably. But, when Colby is back he'd just get sent back to the AHL. He's not any better then anyone in our top 6. Just give the kid some damn time to develop a smarter game.

And for the person who said Burke and co dislike him I always see Burke talking about how Naz has a bright future. I don't see why everyone want's to trade him. Can you not see a star in the making? Every year he's looked better and quicker. He's still got those "nifty mittens" and his great vision. There is no doubt that this guy has what it takes. In his second call up there were times when he looked absolutely wonderful. Remember that Buffalo game where he dangled at least 4 Sabres?

I can honestly see half maybe even a full season in the AHL under Eakins translating his game to what Burke wants. We don't want to lose said "Nifty Mittens" he just needs to learn WHEN to use them and when to pass it off. Seriously, I'm not saying we have an insane top 6 but who is he better then at the moment? The A will give him confidence, lots of playing time and GOOD coaching. Let's not trade a guy just cause they don't turn into a star right away.

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:26 AM
daveleaf

Quote:

Wilson on Kadri:

Which kadri replied:

"

I watched him play a lot of games-he can play and anyone that can be a Dale Hunter guy is someone I would have on my team any day.

Burke and Wilson don't like him so they are just waiting to trade him.

Kadri will be traded and he will join the likes of a long list of young players to be run out if town in Toronto and go on to have a great NHL career and probably win a Stanley Cup.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
The thing is Wilson is right. Kadri has some nasty dangling habits and doesn't put enough in defensively (like all of forwards, save for maybe Brown-Town).
But the second comment was after his second stint with the Marlies where he was much improved, yes he had junior tendacies, but why embaress a kid in the media? This is not a 10 year vet, where he might just say Ron is just being Ron. Obcourse he is learning, that's what rookies do. He didn't need to hear that in the media.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:30 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
But the second comment was after his second stint with the Marlies where he was much improved, yes he had junior tendacies, but why embaress a kid in the media? This is not a 10 year vet, where he might just say Ron is just being Ron. Obcourse he is learning, that's what rookies do. He didn't need to hear that in the media.
Yeah, I agree, no need to go to the media about it for a kid. But I'm just saying what he said is actually true in and of itself.