HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Injury Talk: Gill out Saturday/Markov not back before California trip

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Campoli's skating!! Great news!! (thanks).

Timeframe for Campoli...maybe a few weeks away?

Markov...end of November? Early December?

Gomez...very soon. Good. We need him out there as 2nd center (or 2b).
DD as 2nd center...nope (only if Gomez and/or Eller are injured). Prefer DD as winger. Eller is way more suited for 2nd center or 3rd center.

Cammi-Pleks-Cole
Moen/DD-Gomez-Gionta (small line but could be dangerous!)
DD/Moen-Eller-A.Kosts
Darche-Nokia-Blunden/Weber/Diaz

Spacek/Gill - Subban
Campoli - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Weber
Diaz
Are you benching Pacioretty?

Old
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Are you benching Pacioretty?
Will teach him to start useless foundations... pff

Old
11-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Moen/DD-Gomez-Gionta (small line but could be dangerous!)
I wouldn't put Desharnais with Gomez and Gionta... Gionta would be the only player shooting the puck on that line and he's been pretty bad so far this year.

And yeah where's Pacioretty? I'd put him on the Gomez/Gionta line.

Old
11-09-2011, 09:44 AM
zzoo

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...2_section_POS7

"Andrei Markov, pour sa part, continue de patiner en solitaire et Jacques Martin a mentionné qu'il n'était pas encore prêt à rejoindre l'équipe. Le défenseur Chris Campoli, qui soigne un tendon de la jambe gauche, a lui aussi recommencé à patiner en solo.

Il n'y a que Ryan White qui semble encore loin d'un retour au jeu. Il appert que l'intervention chirurgicale qu'il a subie pour soigner une hernie sportive à l'aine devait prendre entre 8 et 12 semaines de convalescence. Jacques Martin nous a dit qu'il ne s'attendait pas à le revoir avant Noël."

Old
11-09-2011, 09:46 AM
gillyguzzler

Here's what I'd do :

MaxPac-Eller-AK46 - Wow, give them 10 days together and they could dominate
Cammy-Plek-Cole - should be strong
Moen-Gomez-Gionta - Maybe DD instead of Moen...
Darche-Nokel-DD - not your typical 4th line but give them 8-10 minutes per game and DD some PP time.

Old
11-09-2011, 10:25 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Palushaj called up per RDS

Old
11-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Palushaj called up per RDS
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=599711

looks like Kost's injury is worse than expected

Old
11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
you're the only one thinking he isnt more than a 6th or 7th D (NHL), even coaches dont see him that way...

2nd in points among our D, 2nd in +/-, 3rd TOI/G, our only D with PP goals, best shooting %...

in all these categories he's better than Emelin, Subban and Diaz...
I had this debate with Lyricallyrist... all I had to do is watch a full game focussing on Weber alone, with the RDS soundtrack turned off. Take notes. If you do not count the multiple bad decisions and turn overs Weber commits PER SHIFT.... then you are drinking the Kool-Aid.

And yes, the coaches see him that way. Otherweise Emelin and Diaz would never have been signed, and there would be no debate as to his role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not sure where you see Weber as a turnover machine, he is an excellent puck mover...probably #2 behind Markov on the team and ahead of PK.
He may become a good puck mover, but right now, he is nervous with the puck and makes mental mistakes repeatedly.

As for 2nd best puck mover on the Habs.... it isn't saying much. Subban is having a rough patch, and the rest of the D's are not good in transition.

If you have to compare Weber, it is important to compare him with young D's in the league, not only on the Habs roster.

A recent (not perfect comparison, but for the sake of this arguement) example is Gilbert.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 11-09-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: merge
Old
11-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=599711

looks like Kost's injury is worse than expected
It does not mean it's worse than expected. Palushaj could be sent back tomorrow morning if they wanted to. It might just be precaution.

Old
11-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Here's what I'd do :

Darche-Nokel-DD - not your typical 4th line but give them 8-10 minutes per game and DD some PP time.
This is exactly the type of lineup that i think would dominate. The only problem with the Eller line, which i think would be awesome, is that Eller still can't win faceoffs: he's at something horrible like 40%. I'm pretty sure that this is what's holding Martin back from using him more often.

But seriously, with a little experience and fine tuning, that line has a Getslaf-Perry-Ryan feel to it. All big boys who can go to the net with a lot of skill. As for the other lines, i think they're all fairly strong, though unfortunately i don't see much point in having DD in the lineup--i would just put Blunden in there. DD could draw back into the lineup whenever anyone plays bad or there's an injury, which will happen.

Old
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
This is exactly the type of lineup that i think would dominate. The only problem with the Eller line, which i think would be awesome, is that Eller still can't win faceoffs: he's at something horrible like 40%. I'm pretty sure that this is what's holding Martin back from using him more often.

But seriously, with a little experience and fine tuning, that line has a Getslaf-Perry-Ryan feel to it. All big boys who can go to the net with a lot of skill. As for the other lines, i think they're all fairly strong, though unfortunately i don't see much point in having DD in the lineup--i would just put Blunden in there. DD could draw back into the lineup whenever anyone plays bad or there's an injury, which will happen.
You're right about the faceoff percentage but DD isn't too much better and he's top 6 and getting tons of PP time.

Moen-Nokel-White would be a great 4th line but we don't have a White type player around... Blunden has played 44 seconds since THE HIT.

I don't know if a DD-Gomez-Gionta line would work... very very small. DD and Gomez don't score and Gionta is in a slump. It's not a great defensive line either. There is no way that DD is a healthy scratch imo... JM loves him and the Antichambre gang would go nuts. Hell, they all support Darche on the PP!

Old
11-09-2011, 12:13 PM

Markov's making the trip to Phoenix with the rest of the team, although he still hasn't been cleared to practice with them...but it's a good sign

Old
11-09-2011, 12:17 PM
habsjunkie2*

I personally can't wait for Gomez to come back. I think he is three times the center DD is. DD is an ok player to have I suppose, but he has many, many deficiencies and against top opposition he is simply out matched.

I love the posters who think he is a suitable 2nd line center, lol. If you're aiming for the cellar, maybe.

I'm not a big Weber fan either, I just find him to be kinda borderline NHL quality. His offense isn't good enough to compensate for his poor d. With Diaz, Weber is a bit too much. I wouldn't trade Weber necessarily, because young, cheap dman are exactly what the DR ordered for next year, but we need a minute cruncher to make up for their inadequacies, Markov and Campoli can't come back soon enough.

Markov/Campoli and Yemelin soon will all be better options.

Old
11-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
You're right about the faceoff percentage but DD isn't too much better and he's top 6 and getting tons of PP time.

Moen-Nokel-White would be a great 4th line but we don't have a White type player around... Blunden has played 44 seconds since THE HIT.

I don't know if a DD-Gomez-Gionta line would work... very very small. DD and Gomez don't score and Gionta is in a slump. It's not a great defensive line either. There is no way that DD is a healthy scratch imo... JM loves him and the Antichambre gang would go nuts. Hell, they all support Darche on the PP!
Yeah, i saw that Desharnais is marginally better. They really need to work get these guys up to respectability, it's embarrassing.

That DD-Gomez-Gionta would indeed be brutal. you're right though, Martin does love DD. The fact that he's barely played Blunden after what most are calling a clean hit and what Kerry Fraser thought wasn't a penalty, and that DD is playing just as much after taking back-to-back penalties in the same game, pretty much tells you everything.

DD did much better in this last game, but the fact that he refuses to shoot makes him a Gomez 2.0. The funny thing is that Gomez has shown much more of willingness to shoot the puck this year, something that will i think eventually pay dividends. Even if your shot is garbage, you still have to mix it in. Otherwise the D's will just sit back and clog the lanes, waiting for you to pass. A good example of this was a play early in the game yesterday. Plex circled the net and passed the puck to speeding in Spacek, who maneuvered in for a backhand shot. It was an ugly looking shot but it was good enough, and it drew a penalty. If he had held on to the puck and tried some kind of pass, it probably would have resulted in an odd-man rush the other way.

Bottom line is that Martin will probably play it safe and have his best two faceoff guys (besides Nokelainen) center the top 2 lines. We probably will just end up seeing Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn (or DD in Moen's place) on the 3rd line. But it's hard to know what goes on in Martin's squirrelly head, lol.

Old
11-09-2011, 01:22 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

My lines;

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Cole
Desharnais - Eller - Kostitsyn
Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
Moen - Nokelainen - Darche

I also think that this could be good;

Desharnais - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Eller - Kostitsyn
Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta

The CGG line has played both good and poorly in the past - but the fact of the matter is that other coaches are going to cover them and try to get their matches against them. That leaves the kid(ish) line to feast on the weak.

I like Cole & Desharnais' chemistry, adding Plekanec would give Desharnais someone else who can shoot the puck as well as someone else who can set-up stuff if he gets overwhelmed. Then again, I think DD/Eller/Kosty could be a solid line (obviously would be better with Pacioretty, but so would the first line).

Old
11-09-2011, 01:23 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I had this debate with Lyricallyrist... all I had to do is watch a full game focussing on Weber alone, with the RDS soundtrack turned off. Take notes. If you do not count the multiple bad decisions and turn overs Weber commits PER SHIFT.... then you are drinking the Kool-Aid..
haha! OF COURSE, if I happen to disagree with you I must be...

Old
11-09-2011, 01:38 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Replace Desharnais with a bigger winger and I think we're set. Say Desharnais + Weber to CLB for RJ Umberger or something ..

Kostitsyn - Eller - Cammalleri
Umberger - Gomez - Gionta

Old
11-09-2011, 01:40 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Replace Desharnais with a bigger winger and I think we're set. Say Desharnais + Weber to CLB for RJ Umberger or something ..

Replace Darche with a Clarkson and i am very satisfied.

Old
11-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Gary320

Quote:

I kinda like those linse. If Weber and DD is all CLB wants for RJ, I'd do it.. one second flat..

Old
11-09-2011, 01:44 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Replace Darche with a Clarkson and i am very satisfied.
Or you can save assets and replace him with White when he's back to 100%.

Old
11-09-2011, 01:48 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Here's what I'd do :

I agree that first line would dominate but that's putting all your eggs in the same basket. Cole aside, these are our only strong and gritty forwards.

Old
11-09-2011, 01:49 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Exactly. We would have good size all around the lineup.. still smallish on the back end though.

Moen - Nokelainen - White

All guys who are big and use the body ..

Old
11-09-2011, 01:56 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Clarkson is 3 times the player White is in my books, and White might be back too late for the Habs. In the new year.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:04 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Exactly. We would have good size all around the lineup.. still smallish on the back end though.

Moen - Nokelainen - White

All guys who are big and use the body ..
WE GOT UMBERGER ?!??

Old
11-09-2011, 03:29 PM
habitue*

Quote:

Columbus have a truck load of centers... No need for DD.... Unless they give us Brassard OR Vermette

Eller doesn't have the offensive instincs to pivot a second-line

Closed Thread