HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#14 - 11.09.2011 | New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators | 7:30 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2011, 09:25 AM
FutureGM97

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Damn class always getting in the way...get the win boys.

Old
11-09-2011, 09:31 AM
NYRKindms

finally a GDT.

LGR

Old
11-09-2011, 10:03 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Still wish we had signed Da Costa.

Old
11-09-2011, 10:10 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I agree. And at a 1.325 cap hit he would be a pretty good addition to the Rangers young group of forwards.

Old
11-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Kritikal

Send a message via MSN to Kritikal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppp View Post
Imo, there is no such thing as an "easy win" in this league.
Unless, of course, you're playing the Blue Jackets.

Old
11-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
That picture of Craig Anderson is creepy as ****.
Yah, I got a laugh at of that one from the previous Sens GDT too.

Old
11-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

C'on boys, lets make it 5

Old
11-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Michalek is playing injured, I'm pretty sure.
Quite the opposite, this is the first season he's had in Ottawa where he's been able to actually train in the off season and not rehab. We didn't really need him to say that either, it's obvious. He's faster and more confident as a result.

Quote:
Murray said yesterday when asked about Da Costa that he thinks he's got elite vision in the league and also said "I really shouldn't say this, but he reminds me of when Adam Oates came into the league".

He's right regarding the vision (and hockey sense IMO), it's on a Spezza level. Sucks that he skates like a little boy though

Old
11-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Elite vision?

Dude has 1 assist on the season. I dont really consider that someone who has elite vision...yet

Old
11-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
Elite vision?

Dude has 1 assist on the season. I dont really consider that someone who has elite vision...yet
You need to watch the games. Vision isn't something that's developed, it's usually more of a raw ability.

Da Costa also played on the 4th line for a while. He's not suited for that role. When him and Alfie get out there together it's evident he thinks the game faster...still just a rook and needs to get stronger. If you watch him regular you can see he sees plays that few others on the ice do.

Old
11-09-2011, 11:08 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I agree. And at a 1.325 cap hit he would be a pretty good addition to the Rangers young group of forwards.
The kid has a lot of talent and a great work ethic. He has the offensive skill. I think he'd be playing on the 2nd line right now for us. He definitely would have been in the beginning of the season with AA's struggles to start the season. He has very good hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Murray said yesterday when asked about Da Costa that he thinks he's got elite vision in the league and also said "I really shouldn't say this, but he reminds me of when Adam Oates came into the league".

He's right regarding the vision (and hockey sense IMO), it's on a Spezza level. Sucks that he skates like a little boy though
He does have good vision. He gets good positioning, seems to be in the right spot to give himself scoring opportunities. Again nice hands to go with it. As far as the skating goes, I think he's a pretty damn good skater. I don't know what makes you say he skates like a little boy LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
Elite vision?

Sorry, forgot it's all about the points. Just like the Boyle thread. Maybe you should watch Da Costa play. Ignore tonight's lineups, he's been playing with Chris Neil on his line most of the year. Not exactly the most offensively gifted players in the league. I've been watching him for the last 2 years+...used to workout right next to him on many occasions considering I went to school with him. He is a great kid, great attitude, very humble, works his tail off, and has a good sense for the game.

He would've been worth the money.

Old
11-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 157
Let's go Rangers!

3-2 win.

Old
11-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

He does have good vision. He gets good positioning, seems to be in the right spot to give himself scoring opportunities. Again nice hands to go with it. As far as the skating goes, I think he's a pretty damn good skater. I don't know what makes you say he skates like a little boy LOL.

Sorry, forgot it's all about the points. Just like the Boyle thread. Maybe you should watch Da Costa play. Ignore tonight's lineups, he's been playing with Chris Neil on his line most of the year. Not exactly the most offensively gifted players in the league. I've been watching him for the last 2 years+...used to workout right next to him on many occasions considering I went to school with him. He is a great kid, great attitude, very humble, works his tail off, and has a good sense for the game.

He would've been worth the money.
In the end I think he just looks like a child out there in his equipment. The tiny shin pad look or something.

Well watch him tonight and let me know what you think, if you want. It's a weird stride or something, must have learned it in France. I always say it looks bad, and he looks slow...but he's danced some pretty good Dman this season 1 on 1 and manages to make it look like its slow-motion. His hand skills and vision really are high end and he's great thinking in tight quarters...if he could skate like Gaborik or Filatov he'd be a great player right now. He's got that ability to pick pocket players as well.

Yeah, during Zibanejad's 9 game tryout he spent time centering the 4th line after a pre-season where he was really impressive in more offensive minutes. Regin played well, Zibanejad was here so Da Costa got put in a role that wasn't meant for him. He played about 6 minutes a night and everyone called for him to go to the AHL (where I think he'd be a top player in the league). As soon as Zibanejad went back, with Regin hurt...Da Costa's playing better with better linemates.

The guy he needs to play with is Alfredsson, in short time together they looked really good. **** Wolski.

Old
11-09-2011, 11:31 AM
dccuse

Keep up the strong play Arty. Lets go Rangers

Old
11-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

I want revenge

Old
11-09-2011, 11:53 AM
EEDAWGZ

Let's hope the sens aren't thinking the same thing and go after Gaborik

Old
11-09-2011, 12:07 PM
fiedy88

vCash: 983
Hank is always solid in Ottawa, while letting flubbies by at MSG, we win this one 5-1. Duby will score, book it.

Old
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by x GBISH x View Post
Let's go Rangers!

3-2 win.
I'm inclined to agree.

RANGERS =
Old
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Its time for some revenge.

LGR!!

11-09-2011, 12:20 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
The East is off to a good start this year so the Rangers really need to take points when they can.

Hank's been good in his career in Ottawa, build off that with some solid board play and puck possession and let's leave with a win.
Hank has been beast mode vs the Sens in his career. Unfortnately the teams in front of him have not always played the Sens well.

Hank vs Ottawa
24 Games played
22 Games started

10-11-2
2.01 GAA
.932 SV%

Old
11-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Hank has been beast mode vs the Sens in his career. Unfortnately the teams in front of him have not always played the Sens well.

Hank vs Ottawa
24 Games played
22 Games started

10-11-2
2.01 GAA
.932 SV%
This, plus isn't Biron coming off a shutout Sunday night? Why not give Biron the start tonight?

Old
11-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Was hoping to see Stralman get a game here...I guess not. Anyhow...keep the streak going!!

LGR!!

Old
11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
In the end I think he just looks like a child out there in his equipment. The tiny shin pad look or something.

Well watch him tonight and let me know what you think, if you want. It's a weird stride or something, must have learned it in France. I always say it looks bad, and he looks slow...but he's danced some pretty good Dman this season 1 on 1 and manages to make it look like its slow-motion. His hand skills and vision really are high end and he's great thinking in tight quarters...if he could skate like Gaborik or Filatov he'd be a great player right now. He's got that ability to pick pocket players as well.

Yeah, during Zibanejad's 9 game tryout he spent time centering the 4th line after a pre-season where he was really impressive in more offensive minutes. Regin played well, Zibanejad was here so Da Costa got put in a role that wasn't meant for him. He played about 6 minutes a night and everyone called for him to go to the AHL (where I think he'd be a top player in the league). As soon as Zibanejad went back, with Regin hurt...Da Costa's playing better with better linemates.

The guy he needs to play with is Alfredsson, in short time together they looked really good. **** Wolski.
Sounds like the same conditons a player I rot for,where put in his 3 first game of this season.

Old
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

5-2 Rangers.
Gaborik(2),Dubi,Cally,Steps.

Old
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
This, plus isn't Biron coming off a shutout Sunday night? Why not give Biron the start tonight?
They don't play again until Friday that would be almost a full week between games for Hank...Torts probably doesn't want him sitting that long.

That .932 SV% is 3rd best against teams Hank plays against regularly...his best SV% is against the Bruins..career .946.

Closed Thread