HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#14 - 11.09.2011 | New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators | 7:30 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
They don't play again until Friday that would be almost a full week between games for Hank...Torts probably doesn't want him sitting that long.

That .932 SV% is 3rd best against teams Hank plays against regularly...his best SV% is against the Bruins..career .946.
I'm a huge Hank fan as a result because I always see his best! That being said, I was hoping he'd get a shorter season this year so he is rested like Thomas was last playoffs. To me, giving him a week off in November can be huge in April-June. Add in Biron playing well and I can't see a negative to giving him some days off and getting his starts around the 60-63 range for a season.

Old
11-09-2011, 01:48 PM
turcotte8

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/

Today, Konopka said that it could be a chippy game “We lost our captain. I look right across (in the Senators’ dressing room) and see him gone. It was a big blow to our lineup. I look at that and it (ticks) me off. I thought (Wolski’s) hit was worse than mine. In my mind, mine was a hockey play but everybody has their own interpretations.”

John Tortorella told Don Brennan Ottawa Sun of his thoughts on what Konopka said:

“I don’t give a crap what Zenon whatever his name is said,” replied Tortorella. “We’re going to go about our business the right way.”

Old
11-09-2011, 02:07 PM
useref15

Seems like from reading the Ottawa GDT, they want some of their players to go after Richards or Callahan....lol.

I do think this is going to be a very physical game, because just like us, they have a few players who don't mind playing scrappy and willing to fight.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
=

“I don’t give a crap what Zenon whatever his name is said,” replied Tortorella. “We’re going to go about our business the right way.”
LOL.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Seems like from reading the Ottawa GDT, they want some of their players to go after Richards or Callahan....lol.

I do think this is going to be a very physical game, because just like us, they have a few players who don't mind playing scrappy and willing to fight.
Hopefully Deveaux and Neil will go at it. I really hope Deveaux stays for the year. He hasn't hurt the team and played well for the limited ice time he has gotten.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:35 PM
NYR Viper

This game is going to get very chippy very early. Guaranteed.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Now its time for Avery to show what hes paid for. Lets hope he doesnt hide behind a ref or goes for a suckerpunch. If you need to fight, do it like a man. Protect our stars.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Now its time for Avery to show what hes paid for. Lets hope he doesnt hide behind a ref or goes for a suckerpunch. If you need to fight, do it like a man. Protect our stars.
you do realize that when gaborik got jumped by carcillo and everyone stood around watching it was avery who went after him the first chance he got and WON that fight.

avery also was telling the flyers he'd kill giroux the other night if they kept running around after sauer got hurt.

sticking up for his teammates has never been an issue so lets not pretend like the guy doesn't do his job.

maybe torts will give him more than 3 mins tonight that could help

Old
11-09-2011, 02:53 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
When it comes to defending teammates Avery is really good about stepping up...he may not drop them when he is trying to bait a guy but he stuck up for EC last season and IIRC was the guy who fought Carcillo after the Gaborik incident.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:53 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
you do realize that when gaborik got jumped by carcillo and everyone stood around watching it was avery who went after him the first chance he got and WON that fight.

avery also was telling the flyers he'd kill giroux the other night if they kept running around after sauer got hurt.

sticking up for his teammates has never been an issue so lets not pretend like the guy doesn't do his job.

maybe torts will give him more than 3 mins tonight that could help
Here, Here!

Tired of Avery getting crapped on for no valid reason.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:59 PM
nyrleetch

Avery stuck up for Christensen 3-4 games after Christensen said Avery cheapshot Smid on the Oilers. People can bash on Avery for things but he always sticks up for his teammates.

Old
11-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Avery has a history of acting like a coward, theres no way to hide that. Only the Rangers seem to appreciate his questionable services, as he recently went on waivers twice without being claimed. I'd say his mouth works great, but his gloves are often glued to his fists.

Old
11-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 700
They need to diversify their power play approach. The power play, although 1 for 9 in Montreal (with one goal scored just as a MTL player exited the box) looked the best it had all year IMO. It did not look nearly as good in Winnipeg, again IMO.

They did so well against MTL because MTL has quite the aggressive penalty kill and the Rangers were able to exploit that with quick puck movement. However against Winnipeg the Rangers tried to duplicate the success they had against MTL with the same quick puck movement but it did not work.

WPG does not have an aggressive penalty kill like MTL and so the Rangers were pretty much playing pass with themselves instead of just booming shots and creating traffic in front of the net.

If the Rangers can learn to adjust the PP against different teams then they will finally have an effective power play because they have the right players but just poor strategy. If not, then they will continue to be abysmal against non aggressive PK teams and have good success against aggressive PK teams.

Old
11-09-2011, 03:14 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Avery has a history of acting like a coward, theres no way to hide that. Only the Rangers seem to appreciate his questionable services, as he recently went on waivers twice without being claimed. I'd say his mouth works great, but his gloves are often glued to his fists.

Avery had 12 fights last year making him tied for 20th.

Mike Rupp also had 12 fights. I guess his gloves are often glued to his fists?

Old
11-09-2011, 03:15 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
I don't see anyone debating the fact that when he stirs crap up he rarely answers the bell...but please point to a situation where he hasn't dropped them to defend a teammate?

There have already been examples posted...refute them or provide examples where he hasn't.

Old
11-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
The guy who made the Sens GDT for this game is completely badmouthing our team

Old
11-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
The Senators GDT is badmouthing our team, classless much?

Old
11-09-2011, 03:29 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
The Senators GDT is badmouthing our team, classless much?
Well when the on ice product of the Senators is terrible what else do they have to look forward to?

Old
11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
That's some good trollin. Baiting players into penalties is one thing, but now you are generalizing.

Avery has always stuck up for teammates - I remember when he immediately went after Stuart in Boston after he flattened a ranger with a hit. Definitely out of his weight class, and Stuart definitely got the better of him. But Avery went after him without hesitation.

Just because you hate the guy, doesn't mean you make stuff up to support your opinion.

Old
11-09-2011, 03:34 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

The Wolski incident is getting severely overblown. I don't understand how people are calling that an elbow. I've looked at every replay available and he thrusts his shoulder/upper arm into an oncoming Alfredsson to brace for contact. Alfie also had his head down a good bit. It's unfortunate he got hurt but at most it was an interference penalty. Wolski is not a dirty player.

Old
11-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Smeddy
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Well when the on ice product of the Senators is terrible what else do they have to look forward to?
NVM. Not worth it.

Old
11-09-2011, 03:35 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Ugggggggh I hate games in Ottawa. Their stupid goal horn sounds like a 1977 Pinto. I don't know -- ever since that fake Gladiator stunt in 2008, I just cant take that team, or their GM seriously.

I will say, i am a big fan of paul Maclean. Always was. One of the classic 'staches in hockey history

Old
11-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Sens team is giving up an average of 3.5 goals per game. Embarrassing.

I'm thinking we are going to spend some time in the offensive zone.

11-09-2011, 03:39 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeddy View Post
NVM. Not worth it.
Not meant towards you directly. It's towards the Sens fan who started that GDT.

Old
11-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Potentially going 2-0 against the Rangers this year?

Just messin. Hope it's aggressive tonight.

Closed Thread