HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers trade Kundratek to the Caps for Bouchard (Update: Kundratek requested trade)

Old
11-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

vCash: 500
I'm ok with this trade as long as our scouting staff really feels that Bouchard could develop into something. Kundratek was getting buried on the depth chart, and it was looking less and less likely that he was going to get a shot here.

For people disappointed in the return, he was a healthy scratch with the Whale. The return for that kind of an asset is not going to be very good. I still think Kundratek has the talent to be a bottom-pairing type guy in the NHL at some point, but it wasn't going to be with this team.

Revelation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
We can't get Staal on the ice and is another hit from being Lindros...don't let depth fool you...Sauer is brittle...Del Zotto is a head case...you can never have enough dman...just look @ our defense now...we have Jeff Willywonka and Steve Eminger playing...
You certainly can have too many. When you are resorting to turning them into forwards like Niemi, you have too many.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I'm ok with this trade as long as our scouting staff really feels that Bouchard could develop into something. Kundratek was getting buried on the depth chart, and it was looking less and less likely that he was going to get a shot here.

For people disappointed in the return, he was a healthy scratch with the Whale. The return for that kind of an asset is not going to be very good. I still think Kundratek has the talent to be a bottom-pairing type guy in the NHL at some point, but it wasn't going to be with this team.
Yeah, Sather traded what the Whalepack thought was the weakest link. Not a big deal. No idea why anyone is so pissed or so invested in Kundratek.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:09 PM
GAGLine

I'm not really upset about it as much as I'm confused. All the reports last year were about how good Kundratek looked. Now a year later, he isn't invited to camp and he's a healthy scratch in the AHL. What am I missing here? Who did he piss off?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:11 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Define make it. We've got Biron on the team right now, he's probably the most successful. Parenteau and Dupuis were only here for cups of coffee. Hasn't been many, for sure.
I am afraid Bouchard will not follow those two. Well, at least no one will be pressed by Euro option. If he is bound to be a career AHLer and plays in Whale his all career, it would be a good trade. If he's called up and kept, it would be an awesome one.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:15 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I'm not really upset about it as much as I'm confused. All the reports last year were about how good Kundratek looked. Now a year later, he isn't invited to camp and he's a healthy scratch in the AHL. What am I missing here? Who did he piss off?
He might have requested to be traded. No one may know... At some point in time player loses patience and wants a change. Europeans in AHL are under greater pressure cause their less gifted peers are making more at home playing in by far more respected leagues..

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

He may have been a casualty of us trying to acquire/sign every depth dman under the sun. Eminger, Woywitka, Bell, Stralman.... some of those guys are going to have to play with the Whale. Plus, you have dead weight like Nightingale and Redden in CT as well. Can they even assign any of those guys to the ECHL? It was a numbers game and he was the odd man out. Rather than demote him to the ECHL, it looks like they traded for an AHL forward in Bouchard.

Revelation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:38 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Not when he was hurt he couldn't. Which was quite often.
Crosby can't crack the Penguins lineup because he is hurt so what's your point?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Crosby can't crack the Penguins lineup because he is hurt so what's your point?
That's really the way you took that comment? Really? Or are you just trying to stir the pot?

I am thinking the latter.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:55 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
That's really the way you took that comment? Really? Or are you just trying to stir the pot?

I am thinking the latter.
Wrong. It is difficult to know when people are kidding, especially here.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Wrong. It is difficult to know when people are kidding, especially here.
I was saying how Sauer was looked at as a throw-away prospect for a while because he was hurt all of the time. Kundratek is looked at as a throw-away prospect right now on these boards because of the "depth" the Rangers have.

Sauer was never looked at as a top-pairing defenseman in the AHL. He was always a solid, unspectacular, defensive d-man. Kundratek was pretty close to that as a rookie last season. He has quick feet and plays a pretty sound defensive game. Not overly flashy.

People had given up on Sauer and thought his chance was passed. Prospects can surprise and just because there isn't a spot we all see in the next couple of years does not mean he couldn't have made something of himself. Kundratek has skills and he is a tough kid.

I believe the Rangers got practically no value for him which, to me, seems odd considering he had a good year last year in the AHL as a rookie. Therefore, I don't see this as a good trade.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:21 PM
pld459666

I think we could use some offensive flair in Hartford and if Bouchard brings anything to the table, it's that.

Kundratek was redundant. He was not going to make the Rangers pro team in the neat future so getting something that could help up front for the Whale made sense.

No harm no foul here.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23 View Post
PM Bouchard's little brother and PA Parenteau's cousin.
At least he got a real first name.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Again, what more could you really expect? An actual NHL player was worth a 4th round pick. What draft pick would we really have gotten out of trading Kundratek, a 6th round pick? Is that really any better or worse than Francois Bouchard?
Ask Marek Zidlicky...or Carl Hagelin.................or Joby Messier

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I'm thinking there is something else going on, such as him letting it be known he was unhappy or outright requesting a trade. Just speculating, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if that were the case. We've already seen it with Dupont (or was it Byers?) and Grachev, so maybe Kundratek, too.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
I'm thinking there is something else going on, such as him letting it be known he was unhappy or outright requesting a trade. Just speculating, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if that were the case. We've already seen it with Dupont (or was it Byers?) and Grachev, so maybe Kundratek, too.
Perhaps he was embarrassed by his disappearing act during training camp.

Or maybe, just maybe, Kundratrek got lost down the depth chart and needed a fresh start. In which case, the Rangers did him a favor-especially since he had been a healthy scratch for the Whalepack and could have ended up in the ECHL in order to get playing time.

Look at the bright side: Valentenko won this round.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:11 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
A bit disappointed.

2008, while good for us, was looking like an incredible Ranger draft. Del Zotto picking it up has made it better, but I had higher expectations for Kundratek, Weise, Grachev and Doyle.
Weise has becomming a realy popular payer in Vancouver. I can te by reading tweets from fans.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/1...d-for-a-trade/

yep he requested a trade

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 06:18 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Sounds right. All the best to him.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 06:22 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Right on the money 2k2

It must be tough being a defensemen in this organization and realizing just how many players are above you on the depth chart.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 06:41 PM
NYR Viper

Now it makes sense.......

Old
11-10-2011, 07:09 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I command Glen Sather here.

LOL That made me laugh hysterically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
This is a guy buried on the dpeth chart who is having a bad year and possibly asked out. I didn't like giving up weise for nothing but he wasnt a highly sought commodity
Yay nostradamus award handed out to me

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Vitto79

yep he wanted out. So both Grachev and Kundratek asked for deals.........jeebus

truth is he wasnt going to likely make it given the D depth and he likely knew it, ahhh well

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:07 PM
xxxZENxxx

One person I trust in the organization is Jeff Gorton. If he says that the Bouchard kid has some promise and needed a scenery change, then I believe him. I don't see how folks can say they would rather have a 6th rounder (which is just about what you would get for a nobody like Kundratek) over a kid with this much offensive potential. From what I have read, Bouchard was playing with 4th liners this year... so the lack of scoring isn't exactly shocking. The way the kid is described though, sure sounds a whole lot like Wolski.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yep he wanted out. So both Grachev and Kundratek asked for deals.........jeebus

truth is he wasnt going to likely make it given the D depth and he likely knew it, ahhh well

I hope no one tries to blame coach Gernander for this one too.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote