HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

When Andrei Markov is back in the line-up...

Old
11-09-2011, 12:12 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

vCash: 500
Traveling with the team because that's where the doctor will be and it's more of a road trip this time? Not one and done. Don't want to read too much into it one way or the other. Besides he probably needs to get in "travel" shape too. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Young Gun

I'm ****in sick of hearing about him, should have signed a couple for half decent defensemen over the summer, the team would not have been in the mess it finds itself
in right now, trying to stay out of the basement. Very little vet presence on a team will hurt you more times than not. I'm waiting on and expecting campoli to have a better
run than markov. One more injury for this guy and he should be cut loose by the team, to much of a distraction and for to much money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:05 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
I'm ****in sick of hearing about him, should have signed a couple for half decent defensemen over the summer, the team would not have been in the mess it finds itself
in right now, trying to stay out of the basement. Very little vet presence on a team will hurt you more times than not. I'm waiting on and expecting campoli to have a better
run than markov. One more injury for this guy and he should be cut loose by the team, to much of a distraction and for to much money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, because there were alot of good defensemen available this summer... NOT!

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
No freakin way.

Markov means way too much for this team to believe this.

For all the dissenters... Remember how 'good' and awesome Mr. 7 million Wisniewski was last year? It DOESNT TOUCH what Markov does. Yes, I am dead serious.

Even a 15 minute Markov would be a HUGE upgrade to our team.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
No freakin way.

Markov means way too much for this team to believe this.

For all the dissenters... Remember how 'good' and awesome Mr. 7 million Wisniewski was last year? It DOESNT TOUCH what Markov does. Yes, I am dead serious.

Even a 15 minute Markov would be a HUGE upgrade to our team.
Plus, guys like Diaz Weber and Emelin not making much are as good or better than just about anything on the UFA market this past summer. Maybe with the exception of Wisniewski Kaberle and a couple others.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:27 PM
dutchy29

Well there is many variables, will Markov come back and be 100% and will he play the remainder of the season. I mean until I''ve seen him come back, get involved in some physical play and stick around for 20 games or so, I think we will all just be holding our breath every time someone takes him into the boards.
Saying that, once hes back in game shape, YES he is a game changer, at so many levels.
Hes a mentor to our young defense. Leads by example, QB the powerplay, great shut down gut in final minutes when trying to close out a game, having him back healthy would given our team the confidence that its been lacking.
When Markov was healthy he was by far my favorite player, but I'm sure as everyone is I'm very skeptical that he will ever play a full 82 game season in the NHL again.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
m00ks

Urgh. Our revamped team has only played with Markov for only a quarter of the time they've spent here...and that's actually when they've looked their best.

I wish he'd stay healthy this time.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:48 PM
GordonGraham

from rds

L'entraîneur Jacques Martin n'a pas écarté la possibilité que Markov renoue avec le groupe sur la glace, dès la semaine prochaine.

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:50 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
our PP will be much better with markov

our entry sucks as seen in the EDm game it hurts the PP

just dump it and other team clears is no help

marko will improve our entry into the other teams zone

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:53 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Man do I miss him.

But at the same time, I'm nervous...

Kinda like, you know, when you leave a girl to go on a trip or something, think about her all the time, and then when you come back, you somehow realize she isn't THAT hot?

I mean my expectations are so high that I fear I'll be disappointed.

So, in 2 smilies, that's how I feel :

Hope it doesn't turn to

HTTP 400 Bad Request is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:54 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I hope your wrong, but the odds say you are closer to right .

Hope he can stick this time, but you just know the other team will be gunning for him ,as the last few times he got put out .

I also wonder with all these surgeries , if it made him any less mobile .
I can tell you from experiance of having surguries just like his sometimes it is the smallest thing that can re injure the knee it doesn't always take an impact or anything it can be done in warmups. I hate to say it but his knees will never be the same and I don't think he wore a brace after the last one and I am not sure he will wear one this time as it really restricts movement and mobility in your game on the ice.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Ginu

Quote:
The Leafs are accepting applications. They got Franson, Phaneuf and Gunnarsson.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:58 PM
phoque taupe

Having Markov practicing with the team, will help Emelin, Diaz, Webber & Subban being more creative on the PP.

Last edited by phoque taupe: 11-09-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: And Plekanec :p
phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:01 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What make you say that?

Are you an expert?
With my past experiance on the subject of knee injuuries and surgury I would have to say much closer to an expert than you yourself by a wide margin. Knowing how a knee reacts after surgury and being a Kineseology grad and playing the game at a high level till knee injuries ended my competative playing days my answer to you is yes.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I can tell you from experiance of having surguries just like his sometimes it is the smallest thing that can re injure the knee it doesn't always take an impact or anything it can be done in warmups. I hate to say it but his knees will never be the same and I don't think he wore a brace after the last one and I am not sure he will wear one this time as it really restricts movement and mobility in your game on the ice.
Are you done with the fear mongering?

There's a reason they've been extra cautious with him, he's done a lot of work to strengthen his knee. When he's back, it's cause his knee will be at 100%...whether or not he re-injures it is anyone's guess

Either way, can't wait to see him back...this team DESPERATELY needs a PP QB.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:06 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Are you done with the fear mongering?

There's a reason they've been extra cautious with him, he's done a lot of work to strengthen his knee. When he's back, it's cause his knee will be at 100%...whether or not he re-injures it is anyone's guess

Either way, can't wait to see him back...this team DESPERATELY needs a PP QB.
When has being honest and truthfull fearmongering? I am talking from experiance and his knee will NEVER be 100% after 2 rebuilds.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
With my past experiance on the subject of knee injuuries and surgury I would have to say much closer to an expert than you yourself by a wide margin. Knowing how a knee reacts after surgury and being a Kineseology grad and playing the game at a high level till knee injuries ended my competative playing days my answer to you is yes.
That's odd...I thought it was spelled "Kinesiology"

Anyways, your knee and your experience with re-hab was yours...it doesn't mean it's going to be the same with everyone else. You'd think as a Kinesiology Grad, you'd know this...

With all due respect...

Quote:
When has being honest and truthfull fearmongering? I am talking from experiance and his knee will NEVER be 100% after 2 rebuilds.
You have no idea how his knee will react...many players have had multiple knee surgeries and have gone on to continue to play at a high level. Hell, certain atheletes have performed at a high leve without ACL's in their knees (see DeJuan Blair in the NBA).

How the human body reacts is anyone's guess...there's no template for this. Obviously, he's probably going to have knee issues for the rest of his life, but that doesn't mean he's damaged goods.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 11-09-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: merge
Old
11-09-2011, 02:10 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
That's odd...I thought it was spelled "Kinesiology"

Anyways, your knee and your experience with re-hab was yours...it doesn't mean it's going to be the same with everyone else. You'd think as a Kinesiology Grad, you'd know this...

With all due respect...
As a Kin grad you can never guarantee a knee will ever be the same not even the surgeon can guarantee that.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
As a Kin grad you can never guarantee a knee will ever be the same not even the surgeon can guarantee that.
His knee probably never will be the same, when he's much older, he'll probably have alot of mobility issues.

But all of this doesn't mean he can't still play hockey at a high level...many of today's NHL players or pro atheletes have had multiple knee surgeries and continued to perform.

you have to take these cases on an individual level...just because you were never the same, doesn't mean Markov's doomed. That's what i'm trying to convey to you...your experiences with your knee, are yours, they're not necessarily transferrable to Markov or anyone else's.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Almost every single one of our losses was in great part due to a weak PP performance. Can't wait for the General.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
His knee probably never will be the same, when he's much older, he'll probably have alot of mobility issues.

But all of this doesn't mean he can't still play hockey at a high level...many of today's NHL players or pro atheletes have had multiple knee surgeries and continued to perform.

you have to take these cases on an individual level...just because you were never the same, doesn't mean Markov's doomed. That's what i'm trying to convey to you...your experiences with your knee, are yours, they're not necessarily transferrable to Markov or anyone else's.
I think that was in the old Bobby Orr days. With the technology nowadays ACL reconstructions should be almost the same as never having had your ACL injured. A guy like Gorges has better mobility after the surgery than he had a year ago.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think that was in the old Bobby Orr days. With the technology nowadays ACL reconstructions should be almost the same as never having had your ACL injured. A guy like Gorges has better mobility after the surgery than he had a year ago.
Agreed...and that's what I was trying to explain.

Furthermore, I think the Habs have been extra cautious with Markov this time around, seems they've gone to great lengths to ensure his knee is stable.

Hopefully it holds up...Habs need him

Old
11-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Plus, guys like Diaz Weber and Emelin not making much are as good or better than just about anything on the UFA market this past summer. Maybe with the exception of Wisniewski Kaberle and a couple others.
Very true...

It's the mixture that breeds success... the right Big guys, with the right emerging talent, at the right time.

Looking at Championships, they always describe the mixture at the end of it all... The mixture is good in Montreal, I actually like our d crew... I just think it can be played a little better.

Hal Gill should be utilized as a 6/7 d. at any cost. IMO he goes in for the BIG games, when we think we will have a hard time defensively (why anyone asks-- He's prone to offensively gifted players, but is a ROCK on the PK historically, and is even now considered this. Those games in particular, IMO we need 'Skills' Gill.

Markov, and Subban IMO are the top two guys, and along with Gorges, IMO will be the top three.

That leaves 3 spots to fill out of 5 d-men; Spacek, Campoli, Weber, Diaz and Emelin, expecting Gill to act as spare. I dont see it to be so difficult to imagine that our outright #1 d is out, and we have been affected.

Out of that grouping, Diaz is the only true blue 2-way contract, IMO he's the first one sent down when either one of Campoli or Markov returns. (and all remain healthy).

Leaving 4 dogs, in a 3 dog race. Spacek & Campoli, both our veterans, IMO either one are both 1 year contracts, if it comes to a waiver issue, one of the 2 should be shipped out for a non player roster move. IMO if Gauthier is hungry, he could find some value for one of them... perhaps a decent pick in the draft for services now (rental).

Spacek/Campoli

Emelin
Weber

Diaz AHL (First call up for 11/12 d-men).

Gill could be swapped in with any of those 3 positional d-men when added in to line up.

If it's for a positional player, I hope it's combined with a forward for quality up front (because we have 1 extra up there as well), or high picks.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Lions999

Markov will be back in line up between nov.18-24.... Thats my prediction

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 03:43 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Even with technology today a repair is a repair it is never as good as before an injury. Sure he can play at a high level but a repaired ligament is always one wrong move away from needing to be fixed again.