Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012 CHL Import Draft - Prospect list?

Old
11-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
2012 CHL Import Draft - Prospect list?

Just wondering where one can find information about the upcoming CHL Import draft. Specifically a list of top prospects and information regarding the player.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:25 AM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Just wondering where one can find information about the upcoming CHL Import draft. Specifically a list of top prospects and information regarding the player.
Try next April Libbs when players/ adviser's, agents make their commitments public and become eligible for CHL import. But only after they commit to draft in first place will they come on the more local radars.....long wait until that happens.

The pressure of 2014 will drive Windsor nuts as they try and put together a team good enough. Then word today in London is Hunter is again mulling over the prospect of placing a bid, and that will drive the market and your final bid offer. Once Hunter's jump in you now have to increase your bid to match the 9,000 seats their bid is based on.

Have fun.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
Try next April Libbs when players/ adviser's, agents make their commitments public and become eligible for CHL import. But only after they commit to draft in first place will they come on the more local radars.....long wait until that happens.
Thanks, I guess it's too early.

Quote:
The pressure of 2014 will drive Windsor nuts as they try and put together a team good enough. Then word today in London is Hunter is again mulling over the prospect of placing a bid, and that will drive the market and your final bid offer. Once Hunter's jump in you now have to increase your bid to match the 9,000 seats their bid is based on.
Have fun.
Ummmm, not sure why you said this...I was asking about imports, not about hosting of the 2014 Memorial Cup.

Old
11-09-2011, 10:42 AM
fanofdo

Quote:

Have fun.
There is no way London will be awarded the Memorial Cup as long as there is another legitimate bid. If it went by purely commercial terms, Ottawa would probably get it most years.

That aside, no person in their right state of mind would award the venue to London over Windsor (if Windsor had a legit bid) - and expect to see their next birthday - Windsor would go balistic.

fanofdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
saska sault

I would expect the Soo to be in that conversation for 2014.

saska sault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:39 AM
fanofdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saska sault View Post
I would expect the Soo to be in that conversation for 2014.
And given they have the team, they should be given an even chance. It would be the same situation if it were just the Soo and London. If the Soo had a decent proposal with a competetive team, they should get the cup.

Old
11-09-2011, 11:45 AM
SimonTemplar

Didn't say they would win it or be awarded it either. All I said way the Hunter's are mulling over the idea again based on their team likely. And if they do the bids will have to go up to match London's. The Hounds would have to charge double what London would for a ticket package...600 bucks likely. London would probably price their packages around 350 pushing Windsor's to about 575 maybe. The basics for landing the Mem Cup is guaranteed money at end of event...turn over 1 to 1.5 Mill to CHL and you likely win.

Sorry Libbs I just assumed you where team building already.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:47 PM
OHLTG

How'd we go from Import picks to Memorial Cup talk?

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:59 PM
leoleo3535

Quote:

Have fun.
Players do not have to opt in to the draft.

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:28 PM
fanofdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
How'd we go from Import picks to Memorial Cup talk?
A London pot stirrer!

Just go with the flow.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:23 PM
saska sault

Selling out would not be a problem in the Soo, neither would prices, we sell out all-star games, super series games, and even exhibition games draw 80% capacity.. if its hockey, and even more so, Greyhounds, it will sell.

saska sault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Didn't say they would win it or be awarded it either. All I said way the Hunter's are mulling over the idea again based on their team likely. And if they do the bids will have to go up to match London's. The Hounds would have to charge double what London would for a ticket package...600 bucks likely. London would probably price their packages around 350 pushing Windsor's to about 575 maybe. The basics for landing the Mem Cup is guaranteed money at end of event...turn over 1 to 1.5 Mill to CHL and you likely win.

Sorry Libbs I just assumed you where team building already.
I was curious because:

a) I like watching the WJC (other games besides Canada) and like a list of players to look for playing for other countries.

b) The Spits will be adding another import this summer and wants to see what's out there.

Old
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
fanofdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I was curious because:

a) I like watching the WJC (other games besides Canada) and like a list of players to look for playing for other countries.

b) The Spits will be adding another import this summer and wants to see what's out there.
Occasionally there is talk of various players at the WJ. I also enjoy watching players that are wanting to play in the OHL or are playing in the OHL and play for their country. A list ahead of time of those wishing to play in the CHL would make the watching even more interesting.

Windsor has done a very good job recently with European players - I would expect that they are doing their homework to make sure they have two top notch imports for 2014.