HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
From the prospects board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
QMJHL lines tonight:

Hudon - Phillips - Gélinas
Duclair - Danault - MacKinnon
Dubé - Pageau - Halley
Bissonnette - O'Brien - Brouillard

Gormley - Beaulieu
Lefebvre - Leduc
Ouellet - Carrier
Durepos - Ellis
I guess Gormley-Beaulieu will be on the ice against Russia's top line all night...

Does anyone know if Beaulieu plays on the right side with the Sea Dogs?

Old
11-09-2011, 06:34 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
From the prospects board:

I guess Gormley-Beaulieu will be on the ice against Russia's top line all night...

Does anyone know if Beaulieu plays on the right side with the Sea Dogs?
The WJHC will have a few Habs prospects playing that are Canadians and hopefully a couple from Sweden and maybe a Czech in Pribyl.Whatever happens I'll be cheering for Canada.Beaulieu was playing RD last night but I can't tel;l you if he plays RD for St. John's or not.

Old
11-09-2011, 07:19 PM
NewHabsEra*

I dont know if Beaulieu will make team Canada junior, very doubtful IMO, but if ever it happens, he sure wont be paired with Gormley, they have been on the ice for at least 4 breakaways so far in the Subway serie.. Brutal pairing..

Its not looking good for Nathan.. The kid still has ALOT to work on, especially on his positionning and defensive game.. I feel the kid is hugely overrated at this point.. He sure has some natural skills, but also some evident flaws to work on.. I hate the fact he looks soft and not focussed at times, reminds me Hainsey in some areas of the game.. He sure isnt a bluechip prospect like Douggy Hamilton at this point..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 11-09-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old
11-09-2011, 07:32 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I dont know if Beaulieu will make team Canada junior, very doubtful IMO, but if ever it happens, he sure wont be paired with Gormley, they have been on the ice for at least 4 breakaways so far in the Subway serie.. Brutal pairing..

Its not looking good for Nathan.. The kid still has ALOT to work on, especially on his positionning and defensive game.. I feel the kid is hugely overrated at this point.. He sure has some natural skills, but also some major flaws to work on..
When Beaulieu played for the Habs in pre-season games didn't he play LD.He is a left-handed player so the QMJHL team were in fact using him on the wrong side,which might explain the breakaways as well as playing with players that they never played with before.I'm sure the Habs scouts are aware of those things.

Old
11-09-2011, 09:27 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
When Beaulieu played for the Habs in pre-season games didn't he play LD.He is a left-handed player so the QMJHL team were in fact using him on the wrong side,which might explain the breakaways as well as playing with players that they never played with before.I'm sure the Habs scouts are aware of those things.
Yes you are right, Beaulieu is playing on the wrong side and I think Gormley looked horrible in that serie.. cant believe he is considered a lock to make team Canada junior..

On another note, Grogorenko is amazing, reminds me H.Sedin..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 11-09-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old
11-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

A couple of bumps in the road, but overall a strong performance from Beaulieu tonight.

A great stretch pass in the second for an assist, a goal in the shootout and was rewarded with a lot of ice time, especially in the 3rd.

Old
11-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Et le But

MorganEllis4 Morgan Ellis
Safe to say if I opened my own dentist shop in Russia I would make a clean killing!

Old
11-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Yes you are right, Beaulieu is playing on the wrong side and I think Gormley looked horrible in that serie.. cant believe he is considered a lock to make team Canada junior..

On another note, Grogorenko is amazing, reminds me the H.Sedin..
Not sure where you get Gormley looking horrible. He played big minutes both games and most of the first game was spent in the Russian end.

Old
11-09-2011, 10:52 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not sure where you get Gormley looking horrible. He played big minutes both games and most of the first game was spent in the Russian end.
Just watch the game.. Gomrley cost a goal in the first game blowing his defensive coverage, that pairing was on the ice for 4-5 breakaways.. His positionning on the ice was very bad in that serie.. I hope team Canada has more reliable guys to play on D cause the next tournament could get ugly..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 11-09-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old
11-09-2011, 11:07 PM
NewHabsEra*

We can sleep peacefully about Pageau, the kid is nothing special, certainly not another Giroux...

Old
11-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Protest the Hero

Best part of Beaulieu's game continues to be his puck carrying ability, needs work in the defensive zone, but he can get himself out of a lot of trouble carrying that puck.

Old
11-09-2011, 11:49 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Best part of Beaulieu's game continues to be his puck carrying ability, needs work in the defensive zone, but he can get himself out of a lot of trouble carrying that puck.
The best thing about Beaulieu is the Habs getting him with the 17th pick,I was shocked that he hadn't been picked.

Old
11-10-2011, 11:36 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Not only that, but it's just not very smart to pair him with a guy like Gormley. Both players love to have the puck on their sticks and create offensively. Beaulieu would be better off with a defensive player (like Gill/Gorges with Subban). Unfortunately the Q doesn't have these great defensive stalwarts.

Old
11-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
His size and mobility makes up for a lot of mistakes. He covers a lot of ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Not only that, but it's just not very smart to pair him with a guy like Gormley. Both players love to have the puck on their sticks and create offensively. Beaulieu would be better off with a defensive player (like Gill/Gorges with Subban). Unfortunately the Q doesn't have these great defensive stalwarts.
Could have put him with Ellis who is a RH shot and strong defensively.

Quote:
Just watch the game.. Gomrley cost a goal in the first game blowing his defensive coverage, that pairing was on the ice for 4-5 breakaways.. His positionning on the ice was very bad in that serie.. I hope team Canada has more reliable guys to play on D cause the next tournament could get ugly..
It was like an all-star game the first game, those guys for the most part had never played together and didn't even have a single practise as most teams played the day before. Defensive play takes teamwork, teamwork requires systems and familiarity.

Old
11-10-2011, 01:35 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It was like an all-star game the first game, those guys for the most part had never played together and didn't even have a single practise as most teams played the day before. Defensive play takes teamwork, teamwork requires systems and familiarity.
He'll be fine. Just some typical knee jerk reactions. We already know he has the offensive skills, he just needs to develop strength and defensive ability. Those are the key to his future as a successful NHL player.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:11 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Morgan Ellis is a really good shutdown D.

Old
11-10-2011, 05:00 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Morgan Ellis is a really good shutdown D.
He will be a Hab soon enough maybe with Gorges as a pairing,Beaulieu probably due to his Dads involvement with London works out with Tinordi.So who knows maybe the Habs have something to do with them working out as a pairing?Anyway the Habs have great defence pairings from those guys as well as Michigan's Bennett and Pateryn coming.Looking Good!

Old
11-10-2011, 05:38 PM
vad87

Quote:
He will be a Hab soon enough maybe with Gorges as a pairing,Beaulieu probably due to his Dads involvement with London works out with Tinordi.So who knows maybe the Habs have something to do with them working out as a pairing?Anyway the Habs have great defence pairings from those guys as well as Michigan's Bennett and Pateryn coming.Looking Good!
PK traded for Nash?!?!

Honestly, I like our defensive prospects. A good mix of offensive and defensive d-man. I think that Ellis and Pateryn could be 2 guys who'll surprise us.

Old
11-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Iwishihadacup

I was at the subway serie last night and Gormley really was awful, I was feeling bad for beaulieu having to support him, ellis was standing out

Old
11-10-2011, 06:03 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
PK traded for Nash?!?!

Honestly, I like our defensive prospects. A good mix of offensive and defensive d-man. I think that Ellis and Pateryn could be 2 guys who'll surprise us.
Yes they play sound defence and are Captain and Asst. Capt. respectively,good leaders as usual for Habs prospects.

Old
11-11-2011, 12:38 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Gormley i wouldnt call him an offensive QB, i always view him as a defense first d-men who can help on offense. But he was horrible in the 2gm, that being said thats only 2games and i still think he's going to play for team Canada at the wjc. he's too good of a d-men for this. need to grow his sick beard back and start playing solid hockey

They could have played Beaulieu with his teammate of Saint-John, Pierre Durepos who's a real defense first d-men. plus they know each other well.

Old
11-11-2011, 12:41 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Some good stuff on our 2 Michigan boys Bennett and Pateryn

Coach Berenson comment on Bennett at 2:55 (short)
Pateryn feature at 6:10

Old
11-11-2011, 02:03 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Some good stuff on our 2 Michigan boys Bennett and Pateryn

Coach Berenson comment on Bennett at 2:55 (short)
Pateryn feature at 6:10

Great insight into Red Berenson as a coach,really positive and motivating.DiGiuseppe is going to be a high draft choice this year and Michigan Wolverines are my choice to take it all again this season.(Mac Bennett and Greg Pateryn)Montreal prospects as usual will have a lot to do with the Championship,and all the best in the 2nd Big Chill Game.

Old
11-11-2011, 08:15 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

No pateryn, no victory. Nice to hear

Old
11-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Closed Thread