HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isbister

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Isbister

According to Sportsnet, Isbister returns to the lineup against the Blue Jackets. Who comes out?

10-28-2003, 08:46 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
According to Sportsnet, Isbister returns to the lineup against the Blue Jackets. Who comes out?
Georges is injured - but I PRAY it's Pisani - he still doesn't help the team enough to be in there. I mean really - just because he isn't a liability is enough to give him third line minutes?

Old
10-28-2003, 08:50 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
hopefully pisani or even chimera who has not impressed me much but then again a lot can be said about the other players as well.

Old
10-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Allan

It had better not be Stoll. Almost anybody else is fine by me - a lot of them could do with a day upstairs.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:13 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Apparently he'll be back on a line with Smyth and Hesmky. Let's hope they can gel like they did in the Pre-Season.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
Apparently he'll be back on a line with Smyth and Hesmky.
Is this a fact? If so, I'm going to make a bold prediction.. Isbister is going to pot two goals on Thursday against Columbus. Hemsky has been setting up a lot of players this season for goals and unfortunately, Isbister hasn't been on the ice to receive many of his passes.. I feel Izzy is an ideal guy to place on a line with Hemsky! He has semi-decent hands and is big enough to stand right in front of the net where a majority of Hemsky's hilight reel passes are sent to.. methinks he's going to come out with a chip on his shoulders against the Blue Jackets!

Old
10-28-2003, 09:48 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Apparently he'll be back on a line with Smyth and Hesmky. Let's hope they can gel like they did in the Pre-Season.
Yes please.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:50 PM
cram

Quote:
SWEET!

Old
10-28-2003, 10:42 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram
SWEET!
Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky
Chimera-Horcoff-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-York
Torres-Pisani-Laraque

Jarett Stoll - out with "gastrointestinitis"
lines that played in Tuesdays practice stolen from Oilfans. Kind of looks like Pisani is gonna get dropped huh?

Old
10-28-2003, 11:02 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky
Chimera-Horcoff-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-York
Torres-Pisani-Laraque

Jarett Stoll - out with "gastrointestinitis"
lines that played in Tuesdays practice stolen from Oilfans. Kind of looks like Pisani is gonna get dropped huh?
What is "gastrointestinitis"?

Old
10-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

MacT sais the flu bug has found its way into the Oilers locker room, Laraque has a minor break in his hand, but will most likely still play, but wont be too effective because he can't fight and might not have the same strength on the puck we are use to seeing. Colombus just lost to vancity so they are gonna be hungry too. the lineup should have some wrinkles in though, there are even rumblings that someone might get called up from toronto.

Old
10-28-2003, 11:09 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Okay, so we're okay with our coaching staff sending guys from lineup-to pressbox-to first line......Doesn't anyone see the lack of coaching knowledge here?? There's a reason you don't see that kinda thing on well-coached teams.

Izzy shouldn't have sat unless he was injured. Demote him a line. You sit players from the bottom, not the middle or top.

Old
10-28-2003, 11:33 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
no clue just copied it from someone else
edit- Gastrointestinitis what can I say I am sponge for knowledge

Old
10-29-2003, 04:20 AM
Allan

Quote:
A very vague medical term which means "something wrong in the stomach and/or intestines". It is usually just a polite euphemism for bad diarrhea.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:32 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Okay, so we're okay with our coaching staff sending guys from lineup-to pressbox-to first line......Doesn't anyone see the lack of coaching knowledge here?? There's a reason you don't see that kinda thing on well-coached teams.

Izzy shouldn't have sat unless he was injured. Demote him a line. You sit players from the bottom, not the middle or top.
If you had noticed... Izzy went from the 1st line to the 4th line, got singled out by Mac-T, didn't respond very well, and ended up in the PB.

Maybe he has shown something in practice, or maybe Mac-T wants to go with what was working in the few games.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:43 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:

The team (or at least the guys playing poorly) drew straws and Izzy got the short one. He got the 'public flogging' and pb view of last game. His teammates know that he 'took one for the team' and that it could easily have been one of them. That's 'in the trenches' bonding and team accountability.

He probably came back and showed MacT some fire in practice. I hope that he's 'bringin' it' in the game tomorrow, because we pay him too much to watch him 'cuddle up' with BG on the boards for 5 mins a game.
imo - He has to 'earn his keep' on a top line.

Old
10-29-2003, 08:02 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

IMO he never got much of a chance. In his first couple games he had that goofy Jaw, and then they were losing so MacT demoted him to the fourth line where - no kidding - he didn't put up point with no PP time. If this kid would just be given a prolonged solid chance, I think he will work GREAT with Hemsky. The hands ARE there and he has the size and speed. He will create more room for Smytty and Hemsky too.

Old
10-29-2003, 04:40 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
IMO he never got much of a chance. In his first couple games he had that goofy Jaw, and then they were losing so MacT demoted him to the fourth line where - no kidding - he didn't put up point with no PP time. If this kid would just be given a prolonged solid chance, I think he will work GREAT with Hemsky. The hands ARE there and he has the size and speed. He will create more room for Smytty and Hemsky too.
Agree with yah. It always baffles me how MacT shuffles the lines like a deck of cards. it seems like every four game he deals a new hand, how does he expect the lines to gel if the instant they loose the lines get shuffled. Low did the same thing and that pi$$ed me off, there was period when Satan would score some goals, get moved to the first, and when they loose a game he's demoted to the fourth. He never had a chance to gel with any linemates.

GXL

Old
10-29-2003, 08:05 PM
barto

Yeah, but then if the team's struggling and MacT DOESN'T change the lines around, he's a bum for sticking too long with stuff that's not working... Can't win either way, I guess...

But Izzy was just kinda average the first coupla games and I thought deserved to be shuttled down to the 4th line, then wasn't anything special on the 4th line either. He wasn't the only one who should have gotten benched, but I'd say he deserved it well enough...

Bart

Old
10-29-2003, 08:06 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
Yeah, but then if the team's struggling and MacT DOESN'T change the lines around, he's a bum for sticking too long with stuff that's not working... Can't win either way, I guess...

But Izzy was just kinda average the first coupla games and I thought deserved to be shuttled down to the 4th line, then wasn't anything special on the 4th line either. He wasn't the only one who should have gotten benched, but I'd say he deserved it well enough...

Bart
I'm glad to see Chimera out! He has f@*#ed the dog all year except the first game!

Old
10-30-2003, 02:47 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
But Izzy was just kinda average the first coupla games and I thought deserved to be shuttled down to the 4th line, then wasn't anything special on the 4th line either.
You can argue the first bit succesfully, for sure, but I thought he played fairly well on the fourth line. Of course he didn't score - fourth line guys don't get the ice time. When he was on the ice, he was cycling like mad, finishing checks (he's no Moreau or Sean Brown, but he was good)... I'm not sure what else he could have done. Put the puck in the net, obviously, but see above.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:48 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
He was already on the fourth line - where would he go from there?

Having said that, I don't know that I agree Izzy was the best guy to sit either, but that's kind of irrelevant now.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:56 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

All we can hope for now is a big game from Izzy. He needs to right the ship - but even if he doesn't tonight, I'd like to see that line together for 2-3 games before he's shipped back down.

Old
10-30-2003, 03:07 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
All we can hope for now is a big game from Izzy. He needs to right the ship - but even if he doesn't tonight, I'd like to see that line together for 2-3 games before he's shipped back down.
It's produce now or your demoted. Just ask Horcoff.

Closed Thread