HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/8/11 "Make Like A Tree" - Panthers VS Maple Leafs

View Poll Results: What's more surprising?
Toronto on top of their division with Boston at the bottom. 16 51.61%
The Panthers are STILL in a playoff spot in November? Say wha?? 8 25.81%
Brian Campbell is on a PPG pace as a defenseman. 4 12.90%
Jacob Markstrom getting sent down to the AHL. 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2011, 04:32 PM
zeroG

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I'm not excuses mistakes, see what I wrote above, but Tallon even said games would more likely be 5-4 than 2-1. We're more aggressive offensively, especially our d-men and a more open style causes more goals against. Our D statistically isn't bad. We have players making boneheaded decisions.
my point was that you can lose a more open/exciting games 5-4 and still play with some structure. i thought some of the games on the home stand were good examples. fun to watch losses that weren't necessarily helter skelter.

Old
11-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
great game by our Panthers all around! Happy to see Skille get his 1st as a Panther! Hopefully it takes the pressure off and he starts netting some more. Happy for Sturm too, hopefully he pots a few more so we can get a better pick for him at the deadline.

Old
11-09-2011, 06:22 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I don't know, I'm on the fence with letting him go. I think Jovo or Weaver sits next and we see Ellerby and Guds paired together. Ellerby has been playing well. I want him to be more physical. He had some big hits last season. Has been a bit timid so far.
Jovo should but will not sit out of principle. People who know little about the current panthers may actually recognize his name out there and he's also getting paid a big amount. Gud and Ellerby will probably keep rotating, with Weaver possibly working in that rotation. Someone will inevitably get hurt though. I personally prefer Ellerby in the lineup to Gudbranson at this point, but I have not been too impressed with Jovo. Still like the guy though.

Old
11-09-2011, 06:27 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
great game by our Panthers all around! Happy to see Skille get his 1st as a Panther! Hopefully it takes the pressure off and he starts netting some more. Happy for Sturm too, hopefully he pots a few more so we can get a better pick for him at the deadline.
Why are we necessarily ridding him at deadline?

Old
11-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

I wonder who's going to sit when Samuelsson gets healthy, but I don't think it'll be Sturm. Not if he keeps up with his play. I've been very pleased with his game to this point.

11-09-2011, 07:05 PM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

Photos!

Theo @ warm-up

The whole gang

Stoppage before the PP

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

Old
11-09-2011, 07:08 PM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

And the arena empties out with 3:25 left on the clock!

Pantherrrrs WIN!

Final scoreboard

Annnd me (not the greatest picture)

More on my flickr page (www.flickr.com/catwoman34)- these photos haven't been organized yet so they're a bit out of order. I kept these small because I know photos can sometimes slow people down on boards.

Old
11-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Boooooth10

^^^ Nice pics. How many Panther fans did you see there? The FSN feed really only focused on one person wearing a Jokinen jersey.

Old
11-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Great pics, thank you! And good to put a face to ya.

Old
11-09-2011, 08:40 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Great pix! thank you so much for sharing!!! What a great win, they did it for you!

Old
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
^^^ Nice pics. How many Panther fans did you see there? The FSN feed really only focused on one person wearing a Jokinen jersey.
If the guy was wearing a navy Jokinen jersey then he was only a couple sections over from me!

During warm-ups there was another girl wearing a navy Booth jersey. She had a t-shirt made that read "Be my hero Steeger" or to something of that effect.

Also during warm-up there was another girl wearing a Panthers t-shirt, I think she knew Gudbranson.

There was a little kid wearing a Campbell jersey... and that was all I saw.

There's usually around 10-20 Panthers fans in attendance, I didn't notice as many last night. But, I also wasn't looking as hard as I normally do.

I'll also say this- last night during warm-ups the guys were more "interactive" than I've seen the last couple times I've gone down to the glass. Versteeg gave away a couple pucks, so did Guds, and Santorelli would tap the glass alongside us each time he passed. Some of the guys smiled as the girls behind me in Leafs Versteeg jerseys screamed their heads off and gave them fist bumps. It was much more than I've seen in recent years (mind you, I've only been down there twice for warmups).

Old
11-09-2011, 09:04 PM
flomarilius

I know that girl with the Steeger hero shirt haha I've been trying to get her on here for a while now =P.

Old
11-09-2011, 09:12 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman34 View Post
If the guy was wearing a navy Jokinen jersey then he was only a couple sections over from me!

During warm-ups there was another girl wearing a navy Booth jersey. She had a t-shirt made that read "Be my hero Steeger" or to something of that effect.

Also during warm-up there was another girl wearing a Panthers t-shirt, I think she knew Gudbranson.

There was a little kid wearing a Campbell jersey... and that was all I saw.

There's usually around 10-20 Panthers fans in attendance, I didn't notice as many last night. But, I also wasn't looking as hard as I normally do.

I'll also say this- last night during warm-ups the guys were more "interactive" than I've seen the last couple times I've gone down to the glass. Versteeg gave away a couple pucks, so did Guds, and Santorelli would tap the glass alongside us each time he passed. Some of the guys smiled as the girls behind me in Leafs Versteeg jerseys screamed their heads off and gave them fist bumps. It was much more than I've seen in recent years (mind you, I've only been down there twice for warmups).
Id like to think its a result of being a happier group...certainly one not intimidated being in Toronto.

Again thx so much for sharing!!!

Closed Thread