HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2012-2013 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Two4Fighting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Devils lose three in a row and 5 out of 6. How long a leash does Deboer get in an impatient market? 20 games or the whole season?
Plenty of time to turn it around.
I watched the game last night and New Jersey does not look well at all, very disjointed and not threatening at all, far cry from previous years, you could also see that Deboers is the coach as their game kind of resemble our last year play.
Brodeur looked pretty bad, it was his first day back from injury.

Toronto looked pretty good, fast, fluid, hungry and lots of confidence, Our game against them hast to be top notch to beat them.

Old
11-03-2011, 10:13 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4Fighting View Post
I watched the game last night and New Jersey does not look well at all, very disjointed and not threatening at all, far cry from previous years, you could also see that Deboers is the coach as their game kind of resemble our last year play.
Brodeur looked pretty bad, it was his first day back from injury.

Toronto looked pretty good, fast, fluid, hungry and lots of confidence, Our game against them hast to be top notch to beat them.
i watched parts too and then tweeted thanks for Dineen...

Old
11-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Blues fired Payne, hired Hitchcock. Not sure that's a better decision.

11-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Erick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lpMx...layer_embedded

Old
11-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Quite the chess match. Watched it happen live, never seen anything like it.

Old
11-09-2011, 09:07 PM
zeroG

funny. missed that. not really a chess match, it was philly poking fun at the 1-3-1. but mac calls it like it is - a trap is a trap and it's nothing new. it's part of the game and there's nothing inherently wrong with it. ward echos pretty much what i've said before in defense of such systems - you look around your room and come up with a strategy that will get you Ws, not impress the crawfords of the world. Ws are what count. i think crawford drew the short straw, i.e. the guy defending the game's integrity here.

amusing but it'll blow over.

Old
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
funny. missed that. not really a chess match, it was philly poking fun at the 1-3-1. but mac calls it like it is - a trap is a trap and it's nothing new. it's part of the game and there's nothing inherently wrong with it. ward echos pretty much what i've said before in defense of such systems - you look around your room and come up with a strategy that will get you Ws, not impress the crawfords of the world. Ws are what count. i think crawford drew the short straw, i.e. the guy defending the game's integrity here.

amusing but it'll blow over.
Chess game from a standpoint that they waited each other out. Philly lost and had a draw in their zone. Didn't hurt them, though.

Old
11-09-2011, 09:42 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Chess game from a standpoint that they waited each other out. Philly lost and had a draw in their zone. Didn't hurt them, though.
ok. you saw it. from the replay, it looked like philly wasn't really waiting anything out, they were just goading the lightning and looking to make this a discussion topic on tsn, willing to accept a faceoff in their end as punishment.

Old
11-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
ok. you saw it. from the replay, it looked like philly wasn't really waiting anything out, they were just goading the lightning and looking to make this a discussion topic on tsn, willing to accept a faceoff in their end as punishment.
Soooo...them sitting there until either the Lightning came to them or the refs blew the whistle isn't waiting? Killing me smalls! I'm sure they sat on the ice all excited about TSN and the like yapping it up about it. Coburn probably DVR'd the game.

Old
11-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Under what rule are refs allowed to blow the whistle? Serious question.

Old
11-10-2011, 09:43 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Soooo...them sitting there until either the Lightning came to them or the refs blew the whistle isn't waiting? Killing me smalls! I'm sure they sat on the ice all excited about TSN and the like yapping it up about it. Coburn probably DVR'd the game.
my point was that this was an intentional. laviolette's comments were bullcrap. "we have breakouts we can't run"? his forwards were standing still. look at the replays. they weren't trying to run anything, they were making a point. whether it was to embarrass boucher, take him down a notch by embarassing him in his players' eyes or make this an issue for the league is uncertain but this was clearly premeditated and, imo, with some other end in mind.

Old
11-10-2011, 11:25 AM
zeroG

also, though this might not be the best time to make this point with a lot of venom directed at boucher, a trap is a trap. if you're going to say someone like JM's coaching philosophy is outdated and doesn't work in the new NHL, what's your answer when a young, clever coach who's just arrived on the scene employs those same tactics? this is a rhetorical question, of course; trapping is part of the game and the reason is that it works! i don't have to defend JM or boucher. their records speak for themselves. arguing that those systems don't work is misguided. arguing whether or not they make for entertaining hockey isn't, tho. for fans of TB, i'd guess they're pretty happy cheering on their team to the conference finals, regardless of whether they trap or not.

would you be happy winning games 2-1 and going deep into the playoffs using a strategy like this?

Old
11-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Under what rule are refs allowed to blow the whistle? Serious question.
63.1 Delaying the Game – A player or a team may be penalized when, in the opinion of the Referee, is delaying the game in any manner.

EDIT: Wow, just realized that this rule is extremely incorrect grammatically.

Old
11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
63.1 Delaying the Game A player or a team may be penalized when, in the opinion of the Referee, is delaying the game in any manner.

EDIT: Wow, just realized that this rule is extremely incorrect grammatically.
Can't be, it was written by a lawyer.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this:

Bob McKenzie's twitter:

Quote:
CHI puts Rostislav Olesz on waivers.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
11-18-2011, 11:04 PM
zeroG

speculation tonight on nhl network that clemmer would fit the description of a 1B net minder that columbus is looking for, potentially in a deal for jeff carter, who's unhappy (obviously wouldn't be the only piece of the puzzle).

Old
11-18-2011, 11:08 PM
zeroG

olli "joke"inen tonight:

Quote:
took me 13 years to figure out that you have to play defense in this league...

Old
11-19-2011, 05:48 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
speculation tonight on nhl network that clemmer would fit the description of a 1B net minder that columbus is looking for, potentially in a deal for jeff carter, who's unhappy (obviously wouldn't be the only piece of the puzzle).
Don't know that I want him around this team, tbh. Also, they gave up a NHL roster player, their first (Couturier), and a 3rd...they're not going to give up Carter on the cheap, whether he's happy or not.

Old
11-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Boooooth10

We'd probably have to give up a player like Kulikov, so no thanks.

And Jeff Carter + South Beach would be a bad combination lol

Old
11-19-2011, 07:55 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Don't know that I want him around this team, tbh. Also, they gave up a NHL roster player, their first (Couturier), and a 3rd...they're not going to give up Carter on the cheap, whether he's happy or not.
I think with the characters we have in the dressing room, Carter wouldnt be an issue. I would love to have his skill centering one of the top two lines. The thing is, he has A LOT of years left on his contract (2022), but he is only 26, and the contract is decent for a 35+ goal scorer. I would offer our 1st rounder+ this year for him, because with Carter, this team is more of a playoff lock, than a bubble team. He wouldnt be a Parise that Id like to see us go after in the summer, but adding him, along with the prospects set to come up in the next few years, would sure give us one hell of an offense now, and in the future.

Old
11-19-2011, 10:27 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
FORGET Carter. Any player that plays on a team with such a horrible start as Columbus would be unhappy..

And there's no way I'd pay the price they'd ask..

Old
11-19-2011, 10:58 AM
RainingRats

You guys are overrating his character issues. I think PB is right. We have the locker room to handle him properly.

I could see Santorelli, Bjugstad, a second round pick, and Clemmer.

The issue is obvious and why I doubt Tallon even considers it for a second. His contract is too long. Signed until 2022!!!!!

Old
11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

"Kyle Turris's contract stand-off with the Phoenix Coyotes is expected to come to an end, with the two sides agreeing to a two-year contract worth $2.8 million on Tuesday. Turris, who was a restricted free agent, held out and refused to play this season when he and the team could not come to terms on a new deal over the summer." - TSN

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381038

And here I thought he had said he was never going to play for the 'Yotes again

Old
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
olli "joke"inen tonight:

Does that mean he finally started doing it?

Wonder when he'll figure out that you also have to learn how to score from more than just one point on the ice.

11-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
"Kyle Turris's contract stand-off with the Phoenix Coyotes is expected to come to an end, with the two sides agreeing to a two-year contract worth $2.8 million on Tuesday. Turris, who was a restricted free agent, held out and refused to play this season when he and the team could not come to terms on a new deal over the summer." - TSN

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381038

And here I thought he had said he was never going to play for the 'Yotes again
He probably mistakenly thought they'd be relocated and renamed by the time he came to an agreement with them

Closed Thread