HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2012-2013 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2011, 09:29 AM
  #651
Two4Fighting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Devils lose three in a row and 5 out of 6. How long a leash does Deboer get in an impatient market? 20 games or the whole season?
Plenty of time to turn it around.
I watched the game last night and New Jersey does not look well at all, very disjointed and not threatening at all, far cry from previous years, you could also see that Deboers is the coach as their game kind of resemble our last year play.
Brodeur looked pretty bad, it was his first day back from injury.

Toronto looked pretty good, fast, fluid, hungry and lots of confidence, Our game against them hast to be top notch to beat them.

Two4Fighting is offline  
Old
11-03-2011, 10:13 AM
  #652
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4Fighting View Post
I watched the game last night and New Jersey does not look well at all, very disjointed and not threatening at all, far cry from previous years, you could also see that Deboers is the coach as their game kind of resemble our last year play.
Brodeur looked pretty bad, it was his first day back from injury.

Toronto looked pretty good, fast, fluid, hungry and lots of confidence, Our game against them hast to be top notch to beat them.
i watched parts too and then tweeted thanks for Dineen...

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-06-2011, 08:07 PM
  #653
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,033
vCash: 500
Blues fired Payne, hired Hitchcock. Not sure that's a better decision.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 08:26 PM
  #654
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,584
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lpMx...layer_embedded


Erick is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 08:30 PM
  #655
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Quite the chess match. Watched it happen live, never seen anything like it.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 09:07 PM
  #656
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
funny. missed that. not really a chess match, it was philly poking fun at the 1-3-1. but mac calls it like it is - a trap is a trap and it's nothing new. it's part of the game and there's nothing inherently wrong with it. ward echos pretty much what i've said before in defense of such systems - you look around your room and come up with a strategy that will get you Ws, not impress the crawfords of the world. Ws are what count. i think crawford drew the short straw, i.e. the guy defending the game's integrity here.

amusing but it'll blow over.

zeroG is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
  #657
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
funny. missed that. not really a chess match, it was philly poking fun at the 1-3-1. but mac calls it like it is - a trap is a trap and it's nothing new. it's part of the game and there's nothing inherently wrong with it. ward echos pretty much what i've said before in defense of such systems - you look around your room and come up with a strategy that will get you Ws, not impress the crawfords of the world. Ws are what count. i think crawford drew the short straw, i.e. the guy defending the game's integrity here.

amusing but it'll blow over.
Chess game from a standpoint that they waited each other out. Philly lost and had a draw in their zone. Didn't hurt them, though.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 09:42 PM
  #658
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Chess game from a standpoint that they waited each other out. Philly lost and had a draw in their zone. Didn't hurt them, though.
ok. you saw it. from the replay, it looked like philly wasn't really waiting anything out, they were just goading the lightning and looking to make this a discussion topic on tsn, willing to accept a faceoff in their end as punishment.

zeroG is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 10:46 PM
  #659
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
ok. you saw it. from the replay, it looked like philly wasn't really waiting anything out, they were just goading the lightning and looking to make this a discussion topic on tsn, willing to accept a faceoff in their end as punishment.
Soooo...them sitting there until either the Lightning came to them or the refs blew the whistle isn't waiting? Killing me smalls! I'm sure they sat on the ice all excited about TSN and the like yapping it up about it. Coburn probably DVR'd the game.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 08:28 AM
  #660
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Under what rule are refs allowed to blow the whistle? Serious question.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 09:43 AM
  #661
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Soooo...them sitting there until either the Lightning came to them or the refs blew the whistle isn't waiting? Killing me smalls! I'm sure they sat on the ice all excited about TSN and the like yapping it up about it. Coburn probably DVR'd the game.
my point was that this was an intentional. laviolette's comments were bullcrap. "we have breakouts we can't run"? his forwards were standing still. look at the replays. they weren't trying to run anything, they were making a point. whether it was to embarrass boucher, take him down a notch by embarassing him in his players' eyes or make this an issue for the league is uncertain but this was clearly premeditated and, imo, with some other end in mind.

zeroG is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 11:25 AM
  #662
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
also, though this might not be the best time to make this point with a lot of venom directed at boucher, a trap is a trap. if you're going to say someone like JM's coaching philosophy is outdated and doesn't work in the new NHL, what's your answer when a young, clever coach who's just arrived on the scene employs those same tactics? this is a rhetorical question, of course; trapping is part of the game and the reason is that it works! i don't have to defend JM or boucher. their records speak for themselves. arguing that those systems don't work is misguided. arguing whether or not they make for entertaining hockey isn't, tho. for fans of TB, i'd guess they're pretty happy cheering on their team to the conference finals, regardless of whether they trap or not.

would you be happy winning games 2-1 and going deep into the playoffs using a strategy like this?

zeroG is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 02:53 PM
  #663
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Under what rule are refs allowed to blow the whistle? Serious question.
63.1 Delaying the Game – A player or a team may be penalized when, in the opinion of the Referee, is delaying the game in any manner.

EDIT: Wow, just realized that this rule is extremely incorrect grammatically.

Holy Jokinen is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
  #664
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
63.1 Delaying the Game A player or a team may be penalized when, in the opinion of the Referee, is delaying the game in any manner.

EDIT: Wow, just realized that this rule is extremely incorrect grammatically.
Can't be, it was written by a lawyer.

Firestorm is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
  #665
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this:

Bob McKenzie's twitter:

Quote:
CHI puts Rostislav Olesz on waivers.

__________________

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 11:04 PM
  #666
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
speculation tonight on nhl network that clemmer would fit the description of a 1B net minder that columbus is looking for, potentially in a deal for jeff carter, who's unhappy (obviously wouldn't be the only piece of the puzzle).

zeroG is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 11:08 PM
  #667
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
olli "joke"inen tonight:

Quote:
took me 13 years to figure out that you have to play defense in this league...

zeroG is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 05:48 AM
  #668
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
speculation tonight on nhl network that clemmer would fit the description of a 1B net minder that columbus is looking for, potentially in a deal for jeff carter, who's unhappy (obviously wouldn't be the only piece of the puzzle).
Don't know that I want him around this team, tbh. Also, they gave up a NHL roster player, their first (Couturier), and a 3rd...they're not going to give up Carter on the cheap, whether he's happy or not.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 07:50 AM
  #669
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
We'd probably have to give up a player like Kulikov, so no thanks.

And Jeff Carter + South Beach would be a bad combination lol

Boooooth10 is online now  
Old
11-19-2011, 07:55 AM
  #670
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,594
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Don't know that I want him around this team, tbh. Also, they gave up a NHL roster player, their first (Couturier), and a 3rd...they're not going to give up Carter on the cheap, whether he's happy or not.
I think with the characters we have in the dressing room, Carter wouldnt be an issue. I would love to have his skill centering one of the top two lines. The thing is, he has A LOT of years left on his contract (2022), but he is only 26, and the contract is decent for a 35+ goal scorer. I would offer our 1st rounder+ this year for him, because with Carter, this team is more of a playoff lock, than a bubble team. He wouldnt be a Parise that Id like to see us go after in the summer, but adding him, along with the prospects set to come up in the next few years, would sure give us one hell of an offense now, and in the future.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 10:27 AM
  #671
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
speculation tonight on nhl network that clemmer would fit the description of a 1B net minder that columbus is looking for, potentially in a deal for jeff carter, who's unhappy (obviously wouldn't be the only piece of the puzzle).
FORGET Carter. Any player that plays on a team with such a horrible start as Columbus would be unhappy..

And there's no way I'd pay the price they'd ask..

AwesomePanthers is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 10:58 AM
  #672
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,973
vCash: 500
You guys are overrating his character issues. I think PB is right. We have the locker room to handle him properly.

I could see Santorelli, Bjugstad, a second round pick, and Clemmer.

The issue is obvious and why I doubt Tallon even considers it for a second. His contract is too long. Signed until 2022!!!!!

RainingRats is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
  #673
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat
 
PantherboyHTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Blue Jay Nation...
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,421
vCash: 500
"Kyle Turris's contract stand-off with the Phoenix Coyotes is expected to come to an end, with the two sides agreeing to a two-year contract worth $2.8 million on Tuesday. Turris, who was a restricted free agent, held out and refused to play this season when he and the team could not come to terms on a new deal over the summer." - TSN

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381038

And here I thought he had said he was never going to play for the 'Yotes again

PantherboyHTR is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
  #674
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
olli "joke"inen tonight:



Does that mean he finally started doing it?

Wonder when he'll figure out that you also have to learn how to score from more than just one point on the ice.

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 02:39 PM
  #675
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
"Kyle Turris's contract stand-off with the Phoenix Coyotes is expected to come to an end, with the two sides agreeing to a two-year contract worth $2.8 million on Tuesday. Turris, who was a restricted free agent, held out and refused to play this season when he and the team could not come to terms on a new deal over the summer." - TSN

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381038

And here I thought he had said he was never going to play for the 'Yotes again
He probably mistakenly thought they'd be relocated and renamed by the time he came to an agreement with them

Acadmus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.