HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Snow asking for 2nd round pick for Nabakov

Old
11-08-2011, 07:33 AM
LeapOnOver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
I still don't see why dp cant just go to bridgeport.

among other positive things it ould help repair his image with the fans.
Why would he do that. DP's image toward the fans is messed up because of the fans, not him. The fans for some reason think he injured himself over and over on purpose to sit on the sidelines and get paid. Why should he go to Bridgeport to mend his image to morons?

LeapOnOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:51 AM
DPyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Who is Blacker? Don't know anything about him.

Previous poster said Nabby for Franson, is that even doable and if so Snow should be on the phone talking to Burke.
Leafs don't trade either for Nabokov. Blacker could be as good as Jake Gardiner.

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:59 AM
twentytwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
Why would he do that. DP's image toward the fans is messed up because of the fans, not him. The fans for some reason think he injured himself over and over on purpose to sit on the sidelines and get paid. Why should he go to Bridgeport to mend his image to morons?
What is this!? A level headed post!? Inconceivable!

twentytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Pnut

This is some crazy ****

Montoya is the last goalie we trade. He is not an injury risk and actually wants to be here.

As far as DP goes, he did not purposefully injure himself, but on one of those concussions he got was because he was too risky and dove out for a puck around the circles (and left his head exposed). He got injured. Also he wants to play through injuries, and in the past it has been shown that attitude got him re-injured. I hope hes (DPs) ok.

I dont see why Nabby needs to be traded. Nabokov agreed to come back to us. He doesnt have a say. He will be free after this season. We need to not pander to players, especially ones that dont want to be here. tough ****

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Nabby for Blacker? (NYI/TOR)
I'd settle for Blacker, but after watching Horton and Lucic manhandle the Isles defense last night, Snow should be inquiring about Franson.

We have some size with Jurcina, but how long is he going to be in the lineup before he gets injured again? Aside from him, Hamonic is our biggest d-man at 6'2".

It also helps that Franson has NHL experience under his belt.

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
For those clamoring for Cody Franson, you do realize the knock on him is he doesn't use his size effectively, right? So if your reason for wanting him is to add more physicality to your blueline, he's not going to help in that regard, no more than a guy like Ty Wishart adds physicality (ie. he doesn't).

Not that he'd be a terrible pickup or anything. He's got a decent offensive game, so he'd be an upgrade to the Isles offense from the defense. And his wrist shot is a threat from the point. But strictly in terms of him being expected to add more physicality to your blueline, he's not the droid you're looking for.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:46 AM
TheBoss22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
DP's fans speak. Trade the best of the three so....

a. we get a better draft pick (DP starts more)
b. DP is better clearly (DP starts more)
c. we can get a better 2nd rounder (DP starts more)
d. Montoya is going to stink.....he's just on a hot streak the past 2 dozen starts and can't be this good (DP starts more)

It's just ridiculously humorous. We clearly need to replace him with another Mike Dunham do trade Monty AND NABBY so we can right the universe.

winning is so ostentatious.
Hey, did you finally read FishSticks? Is your nephew GotNoMonski still your hero / knight in shining armour? Keep the faith ol man, keep the faith.

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
I do not think anyone thinks he hurt himself on purpose.

Fantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwo View Post
What is this!? A level headed post!? Inconceivable!
your calling that a level headed post. that was one of the most moronic posts i have EVER seen.

Fantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:56 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
2nd for Nabby seems steep, but I could see someone going for that. I think it will have to be a team that suffers an injury to a starter or the starter is just crapping the bed.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:58 AM
jdr016

Unless Nabakov is being added to a package with a Comeau or Bailey, you aren't getting any warm bodies for him. Considering he's only here because of a flaw in the system, it's a second round pick we don't deserve anyway.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:19 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss22 View Post
Hey, did you finally read FishSticks? Is your nephew GotNoMonski still your hero / knight in shining armour? Keep the faith ol man, keep the faith.
Is DP's body clad on your printed bedsheets or not? Inquiring minds want to know.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Leafs don't trade either for Nabokov. Blacker could be as good as Jake Gardiner.
No way Nabokov goes to Toronto. First, Wilson hates him. Second, the Leafs don't want or need him.

There MIGHT be a trade with the Leafs around the Bailey-Franson type.

I can see the Leafs willing to deal Franson (who's #7 on the depth chart) although I always think Komisarek is on the block. Schenn hasn't played well this year but I seriously doubt he's available after he signed a long term deal. Franson (or maybe Aulie) would make more sense.

I seriously doubt Blacker goes anywhere. He was excellent in camp and last year in junior. He's progressing nicely. He can skate, he's got soft hands, makes a smart first pass - plus, he won't help the NYI this year anyway so what's the point. He's a lot like Donovan.

Burke has done an amazing job of getting NHL depth at all positions. Enough so that Joe Colborne is leading the AHL in scoring and just got called up because of injury. Kadri's sitting in the AHL (he's not ready even though he was a top ten pick). I think Comeau might be of interest, maybe Bailey but it's hard to say.

Burke, like any GM, in only interested in improving the Leafs. I'm not sure Bailey or Comeau makes the Leafs better this year - yet Franson might be extremely valuable if a dman gets hurt.

Right now, the NYI would be selling LOW on Bailey or Comeau so they might get Aulie or Komisarek? But Komi's played pretty well this year - just has an ugly contract and a poor track record of late.

Tough times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
For those clamoring for Cody Franson, you do realize the knock on him is he doesn't use his size effectively, right? So if your reason for wanting him is to add more physicality to your blueline, he's not going to help in that regard, no more than a guy like Ty Wishart adds physicality (ie. he doesn't).

Not that he'd be a terrible pickup or anything. He's got a decent offensive game, so he'd be an upgrade to the Isles offense from the defense. And his wrist shot is a threat from the point. But strictly in terms of him being expected to add more physicality to your blueline, he's not the droid you're looking for.
Exactly right. Franson is MUCH better than Ty Wishart but very similar styles. I like Franson and I'm shocked he's not playing - even though he hasn't played that great when he has played. The Leafs go-go system is a tough one to play, just like the NYI tried to play last year. The tempo and speed and forechecking might be too difficult to adjust to - not sure if that applies to Franson at all. I personally think it's just an adjustment phase for Cody. OR, maybe he's not that good and playing behind Weber/Suter in Nashville, in that defensive system, made him look better than he is.

That's a GM's job....know when to hold'em and when to fold'em. I think there's a song about that.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:10 PM
DPyro

I don't care if Wilson doesn't like Nabokov. Leafs need a backup goalie. Gustavsson just isn't cutting it. Letting in an average of 4-5 goals a night won't win you many games.

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Twist and Shout

Komisarek for Nabokov ... well, one can dream

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:48 AM
pspot

do you guys think Islanders would do

Nabby and Bailey for Franson and Lombardi?

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Wedregast

vCash: 50
"Spector:
Latest rumor has Leafs interested in Nabokov, take it for what its worth."
From the Puck Daddy chat today.

I doubt we'd get a player out of it, Snow is probably still shooting for his 2nd. Which would be good to use in a bigger trade for the good defensemen we all know we need.

Wedregast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 03:27 PM
number72

Komisarek (4.5M) + Orr (1M) for Nabakov (0.6M) + Roloston (5.1M)

Leafs get a goalie with Reimer injured. Islanders get a dman and some grit and they exchange salaries to make it work for cap purposes.

They could add Okposo (or whoever is not performing) for Lombardi or Frattin/Crabb and a prospect?

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:36 PM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post

Leafs get a goalie with Reimer injured. Islanders get a dman and some grit and they exchange salaries to make it work for cap purposes.

They could add Okposo (or whoever is not performing) for Lombardi or Frattin/Crabb and a prospect?
My cap floor senses are tingling.

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Some good thoughts, but I really, really don't see the Isles moving Okposo's youth for Lombardi, who's career was considered to be possibly at an end just two months ago, regardless of his being healthy to this point.

BUT, I can definitely see Burke, Wilson and Gordon being PRO-Okposo...

This bears watching.

Chapin Landvogt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:35 PM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Some good thoughts, but I really, really don't see the Isles moving Okposo's youth for Lombardi, who's career was considered to be possibly at an end just two months ago, regardless of his being healthy to this point.

BUT, I can definitely see Burke, Wilson and Gordon being PRO-Okposo...

This bears watching.
There's no way that the Isles trade Okposo. For better or worse, they aren't moving a guy who's going to be cost controlled for the next 5 years.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:

No thanks.

I would rather be stuck with Rolston for one year than Komisarek for 3 more years.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:54 AM
2LeftSkates

WTF is Garth doing looking for a pick for Nabby? Package him and get a top 6 wing or top 4 dman. Use a prospect, player, or a pick-whatever it takes. But get us someone who can help NOW! Preferably under 30.

Last edited by 2LeftSkates: 11-11-2011 at 04:23 AM.
2LeftSkates is offline   Reply With Quote