HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles' Football (NFL discussion)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2011, 11:49 PM
  #851
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,935
vCash: 500
Everyone will be fired soon enough.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 11:50 PM
  #852
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Alright but he told somebody. He tried to do something about it but I agree that it wasn't enough but the way he's being thrown out like this is total ********. Mike McCreary still has a job and he saw the act and didn't do anything. Yeah JoePa should shoulder some of the blame but not be thrown under the ****ing bus like this.




That's an incredible spin of actual events.
When it comes right down to it that is not a spin on the events at all. He saw that monster on the campus and still did nothing? That sounds to be like he allowed it to keep happening. This should have been stopped 12 years ago when Sandusky first was under investigation.

Flyersfan139 is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 11:50 PM
  #853
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 48,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Sad part is no one seems to care about the victims, it's all about JoePa.
That's how Joe Paterno likes it.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
11-09-2011, 11:50 PM
  #854
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
I don't see how anyone can defend anyone involved in this case??

Just ask yourself.. If i walk in on a grown man ****** a young boy what would I do? If that answer isn't go to the Police you need help. You need to notify the Police(not anyone else). This is just a terrible situation for everyone

Prongo is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 11:53 PM
  #855
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
When it comes right down to it that is not a spin on the events at all. He saw that monster on the campus and still did nothing? That sounds to be like he allowed it to keep happening. This should have been stopped 12 years ago when Sandusky first was under investigation.
He reported the event when it came to his attention. Whoever he reported to should have gone to police so something could be done. Yes, JoePa didn't do enough but to say that he sat on his ass and completely did nothing is ridiculous. And his dismissal was handled very poorly.

TheLegendkiller is online now  
Old
11-09-2011, 11:55 PM
  #856
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 48,548
vCash: 500
Please. Like Joe Paterno isn't the seat of all real authority in the PSU football program. That man was content to let everyone around him take the blame and he thought he'd be able to retire like it's no big deal.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
11-09-2011, 11:59 PM
  #857
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,935
vCash: 500
Every damn person involved with it should be fired, Joe Paterno is being turned into a martyr of sorts. He is a single part of a giant mess that is this situation. Paterno is the only one that anyone cares about though. The cult following the man has is ridiculous. He can do wrong.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:00 AM
  #858
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 34,217
vCash: 230
The Eagles are getting off scoff free again with this story and probably will until most the questions are answered, it doesnt look like that will be soon.

Justified is online now  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:05 AM
  #859
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 48,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Every damn person involved with it should be fired, Joe Paterno is being turned into a martyr of sorts. He is a single part of a giant mess that is this situation. Paterno is the only one that anyone cares about though. The cult following the man has is ridiculous. He can do wrong.
He's actually pretty much a *******, but he's been successfully whitewashed for years.

edit: I think I'll pull out of this thread. There's background info here I don't really care to give, but without giving it I'm essentially just ranting without context.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:05 AM
  #860
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,891
vCash: 500
Everyone has to be fired for this, even Joe Paterno. This scandal will be a stain on Penn State for a long time and the only way to even have a sense of closure is to go through the trials and then remove anyone involved and start with a fresh staff.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:09 AM
  #861
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Every damn person involved with it should be fired, Joe Paterno is being turned into a martyr of sorts. He is a single part of a giant mess that is this situation. Paterno is the only one that anyone cares about though. The cult following the man has is ridiculous. He can do wrong.
Exactly. He's been turned into this cult hero that many involved with Penn State ,whether it be current students or alumni, have acted like he should get a free pass. Why should he get to retire on his terms? He should consider himself lucky that he's not being brought into the indictments for all that I'm concerned. The mindless idolization of Joe Paterno is almost at a scary level.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:09 AM
  #862
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
He's actually pretty much a *******, but he's been successfully whitewashed for years.
Not arguing that. It's just sickening that people care more about Paterno then the lives of the victims. The students rioting think that Paterno should be spared because of who he is. They want to play both sides, support Paterno and say that all of the people involved don't define the University. He played a part in it and should be fired over it. Every single person that had a part in it should be fired.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:09 AM
  #863
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
He's actually pretty much a *******, but he's been successfully whitewashed for years.

edit: I think I'll pull out of this thread. There's background info here I don't really care to give, but without giving it I'm essentially just ranting without context.
Whoa whoa whoa.. how can you make an edit like that and leave!! The people want to hear! If not we understand though

Prongo is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:13 AM
  #864
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
He's actually pretty much a *******, but he's been successfully whitewashed for years.

edit: I think I'll pull out of this thread. There's background info here I don't really care to give, but without giving it I'm essentially just ranting without context.

Yeah I'm trying to find out what the **** you've been talking about. I'm trying to figure out if JoePa **** in your breakfast or something.



I just feel like he's being blamed for the whole mess and turned into a scapegoat. All those responsible are being punished but the whole situation is really being thrown on JoePa. Sandusky and the ones that really covered it up should be in the middle of this storm and not Paterno. He does deserve blame and not the center of the blame. I just feel like this whole thing is turning into a ****ing witch hunt.

TheLegendkiller is online now  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:19 AM
  #865
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 48,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Not arguing that. It's just sickening that people care more about Paterno then the lives of the victims. The students rioting think that Paterno should be spared because of who he is. They want to play both sides, support Paterno and say that all of the people involved don't define the University. He played a part in it and should be fired over it. Every single person that had a part in it should be fired.
Absolutely agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa.. how can you make an edit like that and leave!! The people want to hear! If not we understand though
Very, very long story short: my grandfather was an NCAA ref. Joepa ****ed him over for no other purpose than to soothe his own enormous ego, and that's the only conceivable benefit he reaped. Refs hated Paterno for good reason. If anybody manages to figure out personal details about me from that snippet I'd be amazed, haha.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:23 AM
  #866
mypunkrock
Registered User
 
mypunkrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Not arguing that. It's just sickening that people care more about Paterno then the lives of the victims. The students rioting think that Paterno should be spared because of who he is. They want to play both sides, support Paterno and say that all of the people involved don't define the University. He played a part in it and should be fired over it. Every single person that had a part in it should be fired.
No one knows anything about the victims. Joe Paterno is a god of football at a major state institution and has been coaching for more than half a century. Did you expect something else to happen?

mypunkrock is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:24 AM
  #867
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
No one knows anything about the victims. Joe Paterno is a god of football at a major state institution and has been coaching for more than half a century. Did you expect something else to happen?
No because I have no faith in humanity as a whole.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:25 AM
  #868
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Absolutely agreed.



Very, very long story short: my grandfather was an NCAA ref. Joepa ****ed him over for no other purpose than to soothe his own enormous ego, and that's the only conceivable benefit he reaped. Refs hated Paterno for good reason. If anybody manages to figure out personal details about me from that snippet I'd be amazed, haha.
Mehhh...while im not calling you a liar, people really don't have the most reliable opinions on situations they get ****ed over in. That's not me saying that but that's psychology saying that. Alot of times in those cases poeple assign blame to others and other factors. But maybe you're right on the money I just find stories like that hard to believe.

TheLegendkiller is online now  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:25 AM
  #869
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 48,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Mehhh...while im not calling you a liar, people really don't have the most reliable opinions on situations they get ****ed over in. That's not me saying that but that's psychology saying that. Alot of times in those cases poeple assign blame to others and other factors. But maybe you're right on the money I just find stories like that hard to believe.
Joe Paterno outright lied to screw over someone who bruised his ego in a minor way. Many other NCAA refs agreed and showed support. That's the last I'll say about it.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:28 AM
  #870
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
No because I have no faith in humanity as a whole.
Its the sociality of the whole thing. Groupthink and high emotions lead to some crazy things, i.e. riots. Its more about man's desire to be part of the group that drives things like that. Nobody is saying "**** those victums" but they are standing up to what they think was a poor handling of the entire situation from start to finish.

TheLegendkiller is online now  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:29 AM
  #871
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Absolutely agreed.



Very, very long story short: my grandfather was an NCAA ref. Joepa ****ed him over for no other purpose than to soothe his own enormous ego, and that's the only conceivable benefit he reaped. Refs hated Paterno for good reason. If anybody manages to figure out personal details about me from that snippet I'd be amazed, haha.
Challenge accepted!

Prongo is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:32 AM
  #872
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 48,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Challenge accepted!
I will actually be amazed.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
11-10-2011, 12:37 AM
  #873
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 48,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Its the sociality of the whole thing. Groupthink and high emotions lead to some crazy things, i.e. riots. Its more about man's desire to be part of the group that drives things like that. Nobody is saying "**** those victums" but they are standing up to what they think was a poor handling of the entire situation from start to finish.
There's what...40k students there? If a minority of students get's pissed, it can still be a sizable riot. The actions of a few shouldn't define the whole...and in a group that big (plus locals), there's bound to be some assheads.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
11-10-2011, 09:26 AM
  #874
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
The rumor now is that Sandusky 'pimped out' some of these kids. That's according to Mark Madden in Pittsburgh.

edit: 7:30 mark

http://audio.weei.com/a/48513214/mar...y-sandusky.htm

chimrichalds18 is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 10:21 AM
  #875
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,863
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
It's pretty shocking the reactions from those fans at Penn State. I get that its your school and he's Joe Pa, but even if you don't agree with the decision from a football stand point, you have to realize this was the only choice for the University as a whole. If I am a PSU grad, I am pretty embarrassed by the actions of the students in response to this already embarrassing ordeal. I know it was only a small fraction of the student body and it likely would have happened at other schools, but was just an ugly scene.

It just makes no sense to me. Rallying outside of Joe Pa's house like he is victim in all this. Why not go to the kids house rally there? Imagine being one of the victims or the victim's parents and seeing these people rally behind Joe Paterno. I understand some people don't think he did anything wrong because he technically complied with the law, but come on. When child ****** is involved, nothing matters but the kids regardless of what fallout comes (whether you agree with it or not). Really classless by that small portion of PSU students.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.