HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles' Football (NFL discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2011, 10:33 AM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
The rumor now is that Sandusky 'pimped out' some of these kids. That's according to Mark Madden in Pittsburgh.

edit: 7:30 mark

http://audio.weei.com/a/48513214/mar...y-sandusky.htm
Holy ****....

Old
11-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Justified
Sack Holmgren &Amaro

vCash: 673
While I have been on here saying that I think they kept Sandusky around because they were covering something else up, Im not sure how much credibility this Madden guy has. I remember Tank Abbot beating him up in WCW.

Old
11-10-2011, 10:50 AM
TheIceman26
The Mased God

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
It's pretty shocking the reactions from those fans at Penn State. I get that its your school and he's Joe Pa, but even if you don't agree with the decision from a football stand point, you have to realize this was the only choice for the University as a whole. If I am a PSU grad, I am pretty embarrassed by the actions of the students in response to this already embarrassing ordeal. I know it was only a small fraction of the student body and it likely would have happened at other schools, but was just an ugly scene.

It just makes no sense to me. Rallying outside of Joe Pa's house like he is victim in all this. Why not go to the kids house rally there? Imagine being one of the victims or the victim's parents and seeing these people rally behind Joe Paterno. I understand some people don't think he did anything wrong because he technically complied with the law, but come on. When child ****** is involved, nothing matters but the kids regardless of what fallout comes (whether you agree with it or not). Really classless by that small portion of PSU students.
Tell that to the media who have given exactly zero attention to the victims.

Old
11-10-2011, 11:03 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Tell that to the media who have given exactly zero attention to the victims.
In fairness to the media it seems that general consensus from the public is that Joe Pa and PSU is the real story (or at least the bigger story). I think the tragedy is that Sandusky has been kind of pushed to the background on this and people are going after and talking about Joe Pa more than him. That is a shame because the stuff this guy did is just awful and it is being overshadowed by the bad choices of others.

Old
11-10-2011, 11:05 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
While I have been on here saying that I think they kept Sandusky around because they were covering something else up, Im not sure how much credibility this Madden guy has. I remember Tank Abbot beating him up in WCW.
Madden was the first person (that I know of) to 'break' the whole story about Sandusky....7 months ago. I don't know that he knew all of the specifics, but he knew something shady was going down and that Sandusky was in trouble.

http://www.timesonline.com/columnist...a4bcf6878.html

date is April 3, 2011

Old
11-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Prongo
Beer

Sandusky will have his time in court also, and when that happens the media coverage will start to pick up for him I think. It is still a shame like much you have said, that the victims have to go through watching this ****

Old
11-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Justified
Sack Holmgren &Amaro

Quote:
Madden was the first person (that I know of) to 'break' the whole story about Sandusky....7 months ago. I don't know that he knew all of the specifics, but he knew something shady was going down and that Sandusky was in trouble.

date is April 3, 2011
I saw this, but someone needs to confirm this this newest allegation. Now I hope for everyone sake this isnt true but it would answer alot of questions.

Old
11-10-2011, 11:38 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
I saw this, but someone needs to confirm this this newest allegation. Now I hope for everyone sake this isnt true but it would answer alot of questions.
Very hard to imagine a situation where humans can stoop to a lower level. One of the worst situations I've ever heard of.

Old
11-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...g=ycn-10407023

Rage...growing.

11-10-2011, 11:50 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:

date is April 3, 2011
Wow, he hit the nail on the head with the "Worst Case Scenario" he predicted.

Old
11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

This is a disgrace (as if the current allegations weren't enough).

Old
11-10-2011, 01:30 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Quote:
I know that there is a prominent child prostitution ring in our country, but I don't think I will give wings to rumors that we don't know to be true yet. This was irresponsible reporting by Madden. Even if it comes out that it's true, it was irresponsible. I hope to God it isn't true.

Old
11-10-2011, 01:58 PM
TheIceman26
The Mased God

from another board on the topic of the rumor...apparently elite people pedo rings aren't as uncommon as we think
Quote:
These organized pedo rings are more common than you guys know.

In certain circles, the pure innocent energy of a child is thought to be transferred from the child to the abuser during pedophilia. In other cases, actions are videotaped and use to coerce people in authority.

Google "Franklin scandal". It involves alot more 'famous' people than Jerry Sandusky and you've probably never heard of it. For a current case of obstruction and pedophilia coverup, Google "Hollie Greig" and be sick to your stomach. Google "johnny gosch jeff gannon", it's in the White House. Google "bohemian grove pedophile", USA power players.

You might have heard of Maddy McCann. Here's a mainstream news story on Casa Pia, orphanages described as "supermarkets stocked with children to abuse" with politicians and celebrities caught up in it. JonBenet Ramsey, occult victim. From Mn? You've probably heard of Jacob Wetterling. Google image "Jacob Wetterling tied"

Organized pedophilia is a huge thing around the world. The world they feed us on the news isn't the real world. Hopefully, our outrage over this Penn State stuff will help us all to wake up more to what's really happening.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Justified
Sack Holmgren &Amaro

Quote:
from another board on the topic of the rumor...apparently elite people pedo rings aren't as uncommon as we think
that and human trafficking happen alot more here than we realize.

Old
11-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
The Franklin scandal was a Hoax I thought??

I have heard of the Bohmenian Grove also, I believe Colbert actually had a show when he was talking about it.

Some crazy **** goes on in this world that people dont really know about

Last edited by Prongo: 11-10-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old
11-10-2011, 04:44 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

So OSU just got failure to monitor violation (not sure what, if any penalty comes along with that) but I would have to imagine that PSU failed to monitor this situation in a far more severe manner. Death Penalty?

Old
11-10-2011, 05:11 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
So OSU just got failure to monitor violation (not sure what, if any penalty comes along with that) but I would have to imagine that PSU failed to monitor this situation in a far more severe manner. Death Penalty?
NCAA can only do anything if violations fall under their bi-laws. They don't have the power in criminal cases.

Old
11-10-2011, 05:44 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
NCAA can only do anything if violations fall under their bi-laws. They don't have the power in criminal cases.
I bet they can do something if they really want to. There's probably some sort of catch all worst case scenario rule in there that says the NCAA can do what it wants in terms of an emergency or extraordinary circumstances.

Old
11-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Stonehands77

One of the things that boggles my mind in all this is, "What the **** did they think would happen?" If this all really came to the university's attention in the late 90s and then again in the mid 2000s, they could have looked at the Catholic Church, which was getting absolutely killed for covering things up and trying to hide a child abuse scandal (admittedly much, MUCH larger, at least for now). Did they think this would never get out? Did they just not think about that? Or were they too busy thinking like those complete and total retards who rioted last night, that JoePa and PSU football come before everything else in this world? Absolutely unbelievable.

And now, it's going to cost the university massively. The lawsuits, the criminal proceedings, the ongoing investigations. Richly deserved, in all cases. They have no one to blame but themselves. I have no pity for any of them.

Old
11-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
I bet they can do something if they really want to. There's probably some sort of catch all worst case scenario rule in there that says the NCAA can do what it wants in terms of an emergency or extraordinary circumstances.
If no one is getting free tattoos the NCAA doesn't care.

I don't think they should get the death penalty for this though.

Old
11-10-2011, 09:41 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:

They can't. The NCAA president was on espn saying that they don't handle criminal cases.

But JoePa really is shouldering way more of the blame then he should, McQureary still has a job and everybody seems focused on Paterno when they should be focused on Sandusky.

Old
11-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Paterno knew in 98 that Sandusky was using PSU facilities to do really sketchy crap. He continued letting Sandusky use the facilities. Joe Pa deserves a lot of blame for allowing Sandusky to continue using PSU as a tool to abuse his victims.

Old
11-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Paterno knew in 98 that Sandusky was using PSU facilities to do really sketchy crap. He continued letting Sandusky use the facilities. Joe Pa deserves a lot of blame for allowing Sandusky to continue using PSU as a tool to abuse his victims.
This is clearly a biased view....

Nah just joking. I agree Paterno was definitely in the wrong and deserved to get canned. And he hired himself a fancy lawyer. He knows he needs defense for his mistakes.

Old
11-13-2011, 09:45 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Headed down to the game today. Blah.

Old
11-13-2011, 11:03 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
They can't. The NCAA president was on espn saying that they don't handle criminal cases.

But JoePa really is shouldering way more of the blame then he should, McQureary still has a job and everybody seems focused on Paterno when they should be focused on Sandusky.
I thought he basically said it was a criminal investigation so they were going to wait until that finished before they looked into it?

EDIT: From the USA Today...

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...vestigation-/1

Quote:
NCAA president Mark Emmert is withholding any action against Penn State until all the details of the scandal involving former football assistant Jerry Sandusky are known.

Emmert said the organization would then make a decision about whether to determine if NCAA rules were violated.

Closed Thread