HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you like more Divisional games, or should every team play each other? (with poll)

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Jazz

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Jazz
Do you like more Divisional games, or should every team play each other? (with poll)

Just curious what the feeling is here with LA fans with the new schedule and all the redundant games with divisional opponents at the expense of games vs the East (or West if you are from the East).

Every time I hear someone related to hockey talk about it, they say that this current set-up is what the fans wanted in polls they have done.

Personally, I disagree with the new setup and think that every team should visit every rink at least once. A lot of games are simply getting redundant. For example, the Canucks had to play Minnesota 3 times out of 5 games, with the other 2 being in Colorado..

There is already a poll going on about this, so please click here and vote, even if you do not wish to comment: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=188410

Old
11-13-2005, 09:47 PM
ILuvLA

I'm ready to see some games against Eastern Conference teams at this point.

Old
11-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Captain Ron

I personally would love to see a Kings vs. Penguins game this season for numerous reasons. But because of the schedule this is not to be so I would have to say I would like to see a schedule where each team faces other teams at least once during the season.

Old
11-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Sure there are ec teams I'd like to see us play, Toronto, NYI, Pitt and Montreal but I like the new schedule. I mean, the games are getting exciting and it's the teams you're going to play in the playoffs eventually anyways, might as well get used to them.

Old
11-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Sure there are ec teams I'd like to see us play, Toronto, NYI, Pitt and Montreal but I like the new schedule. I mean, the games are getting exciting and it's the teams you're going to play in the playoffs eventually anyways, might as well get used to them.
Reaper.......the Kings will be playing Toronto and Montreal next month.............or did you mean you would like to see us play more?

Old
11-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
More, I mean home games for each team.

Old
11-13-2005, 10:20 PM
swinginutter*

This topic was actually discussed on "Hockey Hot Stove" yesterday (Tor-Mtl). They made some good points............but all this jibber-jabber about what the fans want is really starting to bug. Where were the polls?......and which fans are they talking about?
During the Boston/Ottawa game Cam Neely was saying that fans in Toronto are complaining that there is no hitting, and the physical aspect is starting to disappear. Yesterday on the Hot Stove they were saying fans wanted the schedule to be like this. But to me it has everything to do with budget and travel........especially for the players. I like the new scheduling....but I think Duhatschek had mentioned that spreading the rivalry games out would have been better and I agree. We've already played Dallas three times and the fourth coming in December. These are the type of games that i'd like to see late in the season, when everything is on the line.
On a side note the Kings at least have a cool road trip in Ott/Mtl/Tor coming up next month.........wish it was here though!

Old
11-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Osprey

Since a thread with this exact same title was in the main forum last week, I'll just re-post my reply:

I'd definitely like to see them go back to playing every team at least twice. I'm already getting a little bored with the same divisional matchups. What some people see as rivalries, I see simply as the same matchups, different outcomes (or, like in the recent 3-game Detroit-Chicago series, same outcome). I want to see how my teams match up with teams in the other conference. That's virtually been taken away.

The Stanley Cup winner this year will have won it without ever having had to play a whole 1/3rd of the league. That just seems a little wrong to me. Imagine back in the Original Six days if Montreal had won the Cup without having played a single game against Detroit or Chicago. That's basically what is happening here, except with 5x the number of teams.

Old
11-14-2005, 04:45 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Love the division games. It may not seem like a big thing now, but in a few years after this system has been in place, we're going to start to see some real rivalries.

11-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Game Misconduct

I want to see all of the Eastern Conference teams.

Old
11-14-2005, 01:00 PM
johnjm22

I don't like the new schedule.

1)It gives teams who play in a weak division an unfair advantage (Detroit), while making it harder for teams who play in a good division (the Pacific).

2)Seeing the same teams is gonna get old after a while.

3)We're missing out on seeing some good matchups. (Kings v. Penguins)
Doesn't the NHL want to have Crosby play in every NHL city?

I really really wanted to see the Pens come to staples center.

Old
11-14-2005, 01:31 PM
kingbrath

I cant wait until Dec 2 when we play the Sens. We usually play pretty well against Ottawa and this game should tell us where we stack up with the rest of the league!

Old
11-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Osprey

Like or dislike (in my case), it seems clear that the new schedule favors the Kings, especially this season. With Vancouver and Detroit being their only really tough opposition in the West and most of the league's top teams (and top scorers) in the East, it really helps the Kings to play 7 out of 8 games against Western teams. It's no real coincidence that L.A., Vancouver and Detroit have all had "easy" schedules so far. The same can hardly be said of anyone in the East (as far as I know).

Closed Thread