HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nik Hagman on Re-Entry Waivers (claimed by Ducks)

Old
11-10-2011, 12:06 PM
nycbruins*

vCash: 500
Wouldn't mind Hagman on the Bruins' 3rd line. Get Caron & Hamill back to Providence, make them a good team again.

Put Savard on LTIR and boom, still plenty of cap space for a bigger move later in the season.

But I doubt Chia will do that now that the 3rd line has finally started to show a little life.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Christ

This guy is a bit of a gamble but if a team picks him up hoping for some scoring depth he should provide it. With the Leafs he did one of two things...score in bunches or vanish without a sign. When he gets hot he can be a force on the ice but he can get cold and stay that way for long streaches.

Christ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

vCash: 50
I hope the Avs claim him. Push Kobasew out of the line up at the very least.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:31 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan26 View Post
Fan960Steinberg Pat Steinberg
Hagman on waivers. #Flames

http://twitter.com/#!/Fan960Steinberg

Must mean Backlund is back. Also, the Phaneuf trade continues to look worse and worse.

So he comes over and Has produced 17G 42P Even in 106 games at LW. With limited PP.

He is a 1.13EVG/60 player 3 of the last 4 years which makes him top 25-40 for EV Goal production by Forwards. A 13-16 EVG / season player.

To me its Dumb Ass winger politics. He had a bad year last year. Calgary has set there opinion on the Bad year and not the last 5 of 6 good years.

This year he is 8GM 1G 3A +3 on pace for a 10G 40P season. Though he traditional generates 13-16 EVG / year.

His production is Near Glencross and ahead of Wingers: Stempniak, Bourque, Kostopolos, Jackman He plays all the games he is top 40 for LW points.

This year he is there 4th most productive winger and there best outscoring winger.

I watch most of the Flames games and wonder what in the world the Flames are thinking when they do not play him.

oilerbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:32 PM
TAFLames

Its weird how hagman never really got a true shot this year. He does have 4 points in 8 games. Whatever. I could see a team risking it on him. Why not? Carolina or Ottawa makes sense. Can't wait to see brodie and byron in the line up. Actually a lil bit excited for the next game.

TAFLames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:33 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if the Sens give him a look.. we've been needing a winger for our Top 6 as some of the kids haven't exactly been working out and Alfie still concussed.
I'd do it, UFA end of the year, we aren't a cap team, on pace for 40 points... why not?

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bert0 Lu0ng0 View Post
Aren't the Rangers also looking for a left wing?
Sure, but not a lousy one.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:39 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
So he comes over and Has produced 17G 42P Even in 106 games at LW. With limited PP.

He is a 1.13EVG/60 player 3 of the last 4 years which makes him top 25-40 for EV Goal production by Forwards. A 13-16 EVG / season player.

To me its Dumb Ass winger politics. He had a bad year last year. Calgary has set there opinion on the Bad year and not the last 5 of 6 good years.

This year he is 8GM 1G 3A +3 on pace for a 10G 40P season. Though he traditional generates 13-16 EVG / year.

His production is Near Glencross and ahead of Wingers: Stempniak, Bourque, Kostopolos, Jackman He plays all the games he is top 40 for LW points.

This year he is there 4th most productive winger and there best outscoring winger.

I watch most of the Flames games and wonder what in the world the Flames are thinking when they do not play him.
I'd say he's better than Stempniak. Defensively I'd take Hagman over Bourque. Both are streaky players offensively, although Bourque tends to score a bit more.

Jackman and Kost are different players than Hagman - they give the Flames a bit more physical play if they need it since they seldom dress a pure enforcer.

Hagman isn't that bad. Defensively he's decent. For whatever reason it didn't work for him in Calgary. I'd rather see the Flames stick in someone younger and move on.

madmike77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:41 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFLames View Post
Its weird how hagman never really got a true shot this year. He does have 4 points in 8 games. Whatever. I could see a team risking it on him. Why not? Carolina or Ottawa makes sense. Can't wait to see brodie and byron in the line up. Actually a lil bit excited for the next game.
Yeah Brodie, Backlund and Byron. The Flames just lost about 2 years off their average age

Not that much really, but it might make the games worth watching again. I'm ok watching younger players struggle and grow. I'm not ok watching a bunch of lazy, overpaid vets loaf around the ice for 60 minutes.

madmike77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

I remember the year he came over to NA and played his first preseason game with the Panthers and he had a hat trick, thought he was gonna be a superstar

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
MVP of West Hollywd

Hagman is a much better fit on an offensively talented team where he can float in the offensive zone and wait for a chance to use his good hands. Calg was horrible spot for him

MVP of West Hollywd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 01:07 PM
turkulad

I thought Hagman was 0-1 in 8 games or something, considering the press he got for being a huge disappointed, they even had an insert of him in the Finnish sports newscast about his slump.. kind of weird.

I'd personally love to see him claimed by Stars, just to get that team its mandatory Finn! It's been too long already..

turkulad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Dion phaneuf's finger nail clippings... Nuff said
yeah yeah we fleeced them. Everyone knows it. No need to rub it in.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 11-10-2011 at 02:20 PM.
bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Toastman

I could see New Jersey interested.

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 01:15 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
If we could get him on re-entry waivers for half price Id love to give him a shot. We really need some depth scoring.
yep, although I wouldn't put it pass mr. murray to play cheap.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 01:25 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Things I hate about this: PL3 is still with the club, and I can't believe Feaster couldn't even get a late pick for Hagman given his pending UFA status and usefulness despite being overpaid.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 11-10-2011 at 02:20 PM.
SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 01:26 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
He is going to get claimed I think, and if he does he will pot 20 this season.

I am happy to see Calgary going with some youth though.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Halifaxhab*

I hope Montreal claims him. We really need a 3rd line player that has some offensive talent. Then we can move Moen down to 4th line duties. This would help Eller develop more especially alongside Kostitsyn.

At least Hagman, when not scoring is defensively responsible

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:05 PM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 1383
I hope somebody picks him up, not because I dislike him as a Flames fan but because I actually like the guy and want him to get some minutes somewhere. He has his issues for sure but his permanent residence should not be the pressbox quite yet IMO.

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:16 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I hope Montreal claims him. We really need a 3rd line player that has some offensive talent. Then we can move Moen down to 4th line duties. This would help Eller develop more especially alongside Kostitsyn.

At least Hagman, when not scoring is defensively responsible
I agree. His cap hit hurts, though I think it would be ideal for depth, especially with our injury problems.

I think Hagman could be ideal on a line of Hagman Eller Kostitsyn. Like you said as well moving Moen down to the 4th line making a crash and bang line of:

Moen Nokelainen White/Blunden/Darche

Hagman could also help possibly on the PP more IMO than Darche and his screening would. Hagman could find his scoring touch. He thrived in the Eastern Coference when he played for Toronto. It could be beneficial to have him come back to the east in a defensive system. Hagman is responsible defensively himself as well. Which would be a good thing for him and possibly Martin getting alot and giving him opportunities to thrive.

Problem is $$$. If Palushaj went back down and let him finish the season in the AHL. We would still only be at 1.4mill. Possibly let Diaz go down as well to get some more experience possibly pushing us up to around 2.2mill left in cap space. Markov and Campoli will be back.

Now we would still be looking at shedding 800k. I guess Blunden could go down and we could squeak Hagman in. The only problem is come deadline if we are trying to push for a playoff spot, we will have no cap to really work with.

The roster would look like this:

Cole Plekanec Cammalleri
Pacioretty Gomez Gionta
Hagman Eller Kostitsyn
Moen Nokelainen Darche

White

Markov Gorges
Subban Gill
Campoli Spacek

Weber/Emelin

Last edited by BigHabs: 11-10-2011 at 02:30 PM.
BigHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:19 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Back when he was a Leaf, I thought he played fairly well. Same with Stajan.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:22 PM
tiz

I've been wrong about this before, but I can't see Hagman making it through unclaimed. He would seem to fit on a lot of teams as depth.

tiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:22 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

Just a bad fit in Calgary. Goes for the deke rather than the chip in or pass too often, disappears for long stretches of time.

Though I could see him being picked up and playing well on another team. He's not an AHL level player.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:24 PM
XO

vCash: 180
that was one hell of a bad trade by Calgary

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:24 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan26 View Post
Fan960Steinberg Pat Steinberg
Hagman on waivers. #Flames

http://twitter.com/#!/Fan960Steinberg

Must mean Backlund is back. Also, the Phaneuf trade continues to look worse and worse.
Wouldn't mind the pens snagging him on re-entry if available.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote