HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #16 : Kings vs. Vancouver - Thursday, 11/10/’11 @ 7:30 pm PST

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Here’s how the Kings’ forwards are expected to line up tonight against Vancouver…

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Hunter
Moreau-Fraser-Lewis

Richardson out, Fraser in.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Makes no sense to me as to why they'd pull Richardson out of the lineup instead of Ethan Moreau. Richardson tends to play well against the Canucks and the Kings need his speed against a quick Canucks team.

But a rehabilitating player who hasn't played hockey in many months is going to help the team out more. I'll wait for the results to decide whether we can chalk this up as yet another poor judgement in lineup management from Terry Murray.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:20 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
I heard Fraser is in the lineup tonight. Does that mean all is forgiven?

Old
11-10-2011, 02:31 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

To play it safe...can the Kings remove the siren from the goal horn so Fraser won't think he's still in Edmonton???

Old
11-10-2011, 02:33 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Makes no sense to me as to why they'd pull Richardson out of the lineup instead of Ethan Moreau. Richardson tends to play well against the Canucks and the Kings need his speed against a quick Canucks team.

But a rehabilitating player who hasn't played hockey in many months is going to help the team out more. I'll wait for the results to decide whether we can chalk this up as yet another poor judgement in lineup management from Terry Murray.
If Fraser or Moreau were to score, but the Kings lose, is that good or bad lineup management?

Old
11-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
If Fraser or Moreau were to score, but the Kings lose, is that good or bad lineup management?
I guess that depends on what else happens, say, needless penalties committed by Ethan Moreau that puts the team behind the eight ball.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:42 PM
BackOnTopic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Here’s how the Kings’ forwards are expected to line up tonight against Vancouver…

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Hunter
Moreau-Fraser-Lewis

Richardson out, Fraser in.
So Murray is willing to move Lewis to wing for Fraser, but not for Loktionov? Way to take care of your home-grown talent, big guy..

Old
11-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I heard Fraser is in the lineup tonight. Does that mean all is forgiven?
If Fraser score a hat trick tonight, yes.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:45 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackOnTopic View Post
So Murray is willing to move Lewis to wing for Fraser, but not for Loktionov? Way to take care of your home-grown talent, big guy..
I was a murray supporter up until this year. I just dont get some of the roster moves he makes. I know hes the coach, and he knows a lot more about hockey than me, but sitting richardson? I just dont get it.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:48 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
If Fraser score a hat trick tonight, yes.
A year's output in one night?

Tonight would be as good as any.

Luongo can be full of surprises.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
I kind of like it in theory. Even though Fraser isn't a better player than Richardson, it sends the message that nobody in the bottom six is playing well enough. The only way to get that message across is to sit one of the better bottom six players on this team. So for once, I approve.

Old
11-10-2011, 03:01 PM
BackOnTopic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I kind of like it in theory. Even though Fraser isn't a better player than Richardson, it sends the message that nobody in the bottom six is playing well enough. The only way to get that message across is to sit one of the better bottom six players on this team. So for once, I approve.
I understand that he's doing it to shake things up to try and get the bottom 6 to score, so in theory, sure. But it still doesn't justify why he would plug in an outsider who has a history of not scoring over a potentially dynamic scorer who is a phone call away, especially at center.

Old
11-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Disclaimer : The GDT is provided free of charge for entertainment purposes only, AND MAY BE A WORK IN PROGRESS. It is not to be used to determine actual league standings, playoff races or Stanley Cup Champions. Should you find an error, please use one of 3 methods for reporting: 1.PM me. 2. Send a 4X6 postcard to GDT, PO Box 2007-2008, Palm Springs, CA 92234 3. Yell out the issue loudly as you jump off a bridge...it's a GDT, get over it. If you reply with corrections in this thread, it is an admission that you touch yourself while listening to Justin Beiber music and that you drown puppies. © by Puck U @ HF & LGK

Let's make sure one thing is clear. PuckU is a pimp. He is too busy slapping hoes, swimming in Benjamins, dating supermodels, building orphanages from scratch and freebasing italian seasoning to follow the nuances of every team.
THAT is going in the New & Improved UPDATED Disclaimer ... thanks Little Bunny Foo Foo

signed,
Puck U
aka - The most interesting Man in Hockey

Old
11-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I understand that he's doing it to shake things up to try and get the bottom 6 to score, so in theory, sure. But it still doesn't justify why he would plug in an outsider who has a history of not scoring over a potentially dynamic scorer who is a phone call away, especially at center.
If not now, when does Fraser get a chance? He'll get this game and a few more before they decide to keep him around or not.

If he doesn't work out, like you said, Loktionov is a phone call away.

Besides, Richards and Gagne were 'outsiders' too before this season, and Fraser has a Cup ring on both of them. Different roles, for sure, but don't discount his value.

I also like the idea of giving Clifford more minutes right now. Hopefully that sparks his game.

Old
11-10-2011, 03:28 PM
BackOnTopic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
If not now, when does Fraser get a chance? He'll get this game and a few more before they decide to keep him around or not.

If he doesn't work out, like you said, Loktionov is a phone call away.

Besides, Richards and Gagne were 'outsiders' too before this season, and Fraser has a Cup ring on both of them. Different roles, for sure, but don't discount his value.

I also like the idea of giving Clifford more minutes right now. Hopefully that sparks his game.
Outsider "who has a history of not scoring" but I get your point. And you can't help but feel sorry for the guy and everything he had to go through with the injury/trade mess. I was addressing more the team need and why Murray was supposedly making the moves he was making to begin with, but here's to hoping Fraser can contribute a little.

Old
11-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Wanna see the Kings with some tenacious fore/back-checking tonight

Old
11-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

3 things

1. I wish they would just put gagne with Richards already.
2. I'd take duck losses just to beat the Canucks every time this season.
3. We need some damn scoring from our bottom six.

Let's just get 2 points, boys.

Old
11-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Kingsfan32
Rookie User

Double

Old
11-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Kingsfan32
Rookie User

Fraser needs to play whether you like it or not.

Richardson has been playing fine, but let's be reality, It's not going to hurt the team.

The Kings have not ruled out bringing up Lokti. He shouldn't be on the fourth line though. He should be on the second line imo. But, third line seems more realistic for him.

I am fine with what Terry is doing. The bottom six needs to start showing up and maybe tonight is that night. Hopefully Fraser gains some confidence during the game.

Last edited by Kingsfan32: 11-10-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old
11-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Outsider "who has a history of not scoring" but I get your point. And you can't help but feel sorry for the guy and everything he had to go through with the injury/trade mess. I was addressing more the team need and why Murray was supposedly making the moves he was making to begin with, but here's to hoping Fraser can contribute a little.
I don't disagree with you. To be honest I'm not expecting him to score a goal for the Kings this year (he could, I'm tempering here), but if he can get some of the bottom six guys worrying about their roster spots and playing with a little more energy that'd be nice. That's all you can reasonably expect, I think.

Also, keep in mind that TM is just working with the players at his disposal. DL has to make that call up if he feels it's necessary.

Old
11-10-2011, 03:46 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
I don't disagree with you. To be honest I'm not expecting him to score a goal for the Kings this year (he could, I'm tempering here), but if he can get some of the bottom six guys worrying about their roster spots and playing with a little more energy that'd be nice. That's all you can reasonably expect, I think.

Also, keep in mind that TM is just working with the players at his disposal. DL has to make that call up if he feels it's necessary.
Dean refuses to take my calls lately.

Old
11-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
1. I wish they would just put gagne with Richards already.
Yes.

Quote:
2. I'd take duck losses just to beat the Canucks every time this season.
Seriously. Not looking forward to once again hearing tonight from a bunch of Canucks fans telling me how their city was so great they moved to LA.

Quote:
3. We need some damn scoring from our bottom six.
Yes.

Quote:
Let's just get 2 points, boys.
****in' A.

Old
11-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Moreau does a lot of things poorly, but one thing he has done a decent job of is being physical, which probably has somethign to do with it. We'll see.

Old
11-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Quote:
If the Kings win tonight, I am going to rap in the post game thread.
Do we get audio on that or just lyrics? We will win tonight, so I just wanna know what kinda post game entertainment to look forward to.

Old
11-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Johnny Utah

Canucks are playing Bieska, Alberts, Lapierre, Weiss and Volpatti...

Kings kinda have to keep Moreau in the line-up especially with no Westgarth...Vancouver always plays kinda dirty and cheap anyways so having Clifford, Moreau, Fraser and and Greene hopefully helps.

Closed Thread