HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel Alfredsson

View Poll Results: How many games does Wolski get suspended for the hit?
One 10 7.19%
2-4 63 45.32%
5+ 43 30.94%
None 23 16.55%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2011, 03:25 PM
  #251
Shanny
Coming In Hot
 
Shanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bytown
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
With the injury to Neil & the return of Alfredson I think this could be the lineup tomorrow night.

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredson
Greening - Da Costa - Butler
Foligno - Z. Smith - Condra
Daugavins - Konopka - Winchester

Cowen - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Rundblad

Anderson - Auld
I think there is a good chance Lee plays tomorrow night, as well as Auld possibly getting the start either tomorrow or on Saturday.

this is what MacLean should be rolling with:

Greener-Spezz-9 MM
Nicky-DC-Alfie
Rooster-Smitty-Butsy
Winny-Zee-hockey player

Kubs-EK
Cowy-Gonch
Rig-Lee

Andy
Bauld


Last edited by Shanny: 11-10-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:10 PM
  #252
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
which is to no surprise given the fact that he's only seen about 6-8 minutes a game so far, while Butler has been given a free pass to the second line.
Filatov played on the first line at the start and was invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Apparently, according to CapGeek, Butler is waiver exempt.


I know, it blew my mind, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Wrong and wrong and somewhat right. Butler has played more, and played even more terribly. He is also waiver exempt. Both him and Filatov deserve AHL time right now.
I picked up the Butler waiver eligibility on HF, so really other posters are wrong not myself. Still Filatov is two way and should be in Bingo over Butler.

Maybe Filatov has been better defensively than Butler. But Butler has definitely more more involved offensively.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:23 PM
  #253
Shanny
Coming In Hot
 
Shanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bytown
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Filatov played on the first line at the start and was invisible
It's almost impossible to judge a player after only 2 games of top line minutes(limited at that), every good thing takes time, Butler has played over 10 games(including preseason) and has been nothing short of terrible so far. So in terms of Filatov being more invisible then Butler so far..yes, he has....for better reasons though.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:28 PM
  #254
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
As a outsider that have watch quite a lot of Ottawa this season I got to say Bobby Butler isn't my favourite player from your team. He seems pretty useless unless he scores. Filatov at least have some exciting moves, Butler has? (well perhaps a scoring touch).

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:44 PM
  #255
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
It's almost impossible to judge a player after only 2 games of top line minutes(limited at that), every good thing takes time, Butler has played over 10 games(including preseason) and has been nothing short of terrible so far. So in terms of Filatov being more invisible then Butler so far..yes, he has....for better reasons though.
Agree to disagree. There is a reason why Filatov only got two on the top line. There is a reason why he only gets 5 min a night. He doesn't deserve more.

That's not to say Butler does though, but he's been more involved. He goes to the net better. Filatov is softer than he is and that's saying something. I didn't get to watch the game last night, was Butler exceptionally bad?

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:47 PM
  #256
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,295
vCash: 500
I would love to see Butler gone. However this is likely to be our line-up:

Colin Greening - Jason Spezza - Milan Michalek
Nick Foligno - Stephane Da Costa - Daniel Alfredsson
Kaspars Daugavins - Zack Smith - Bobby Butler
Erik Condra - Jesse Winchester - Chris Neil

You know, it's not actually half bad.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:14 PM
  #257
Micklebot
Registered User
 
Micklebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Agree to disagree. There is a reason why Filatov only got two on the top line. There is a reason why he only gets 5 min a night. He doesn't deserve more.

That's not to say Butler does though, but he's been more involved. He goes to the net better. Filatov is softer than he is and that's saying something. I didn't get to watch the game last night, was Butler exceptionally bad?
I thought he was fairly involved in the play, but either lost the puck behind him, or lost battles all night long.

The effort seemed there, maybe just the timing was off

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 11:22 AM
  #258
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
Give Butler a bit of time, he is slowly getting into game shape

He didn't do much in his first 10 games last year as well. This situation reminds me of Kuba last year, although a bit different. Butler wasn't 100% ready both mentally and physically, then got injured. Hard to pick up your game fast after that

All that being said, I don't think Butler is in our long-term plans, but could be a nice stop-gap while other prospects develop. We might even get something in return down the road. Let's make him a good asset. We don't need scapegoats in a rebuilding season.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
With the injury to Neil & the return of Alfredson I think this could be the lineup tomorrow night.

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredson
Greening - Da Costa - Butler
Foligno - Z. Smith - Condra
Daugavins - Konopka - Winchester

Cowen - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Rundblad

Anderson - Auld
Greening not on Spezza's line is a total waste of a spot in the top-6

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Da Costa - Alfredsson
Daugavins - Smith - Butler
Winchester - Konopka - Condra

Cowen - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Rundblad

Anderson - Auld


When Regin is back, he draws in Foligno spot, who draws in Daugavins spot

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:27 PM
  #259
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!
 
DrEasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Greening not on Spezza's line is a total waste of a spot in the top-6

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Da Costa - Alfredsson
Daugavins - Smith - Butler
Winchester - Konopka - Condra

Cowen - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Rundblad

Anderson - Auld


When Regin is back, he draws in Foligno spot, who draws in Daugavins spot
I like those lines. Maybe I'd put Condra on the third line instead of Butler. Condra is a bit wasted on the 4th line, while Butler could use a wake-up call, and maybe it's good for Butler to be asked to play a simple game with max energy and little ice time until he's back on track.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.