HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Andrei Markov is back in the line-up...

Old
11-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
His surgery is nothing like tommy john surgery..when pitchers come back from that surgery, their arm/shoulder is actually stronger than before. markov's knees will never be as good as it was before any of the surgeries.
ok Doc!

I am highly crticial of Markov's durability (never his skill) but the melo drama in this thread was palpable and even too much for me (And my whole schtick this year is making fun of him). So I waded in... anyway.

You could have at least quoted someone but feel free to shoot from the hip from the lofty heights of your obvious inteligence.

Quote:
Dr. Tim Kremchek, the team physician for the Cincinnati Reds and one of the leading practitioners of Tommy John surgery, agrees: "Much like ACL reconstruction in football, where we're seeing some kids back on the field in four to five months, we're seeing the same sort of thing with elbows.
http://m.si.com/news/sp/fantasy_sp/detail/3554227

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:47 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
ok Doc!

I am highly crticial of Markov's durability (never his skill) but the melo drama in this thread was palpable and even too much for me (And my whole schtick this year is making fun of him). So I waded in... anyway.

You could have at least quoted someone but feel free to shoot from the hip from the lofty heights of your obvious inteligence.

http://m.si.com/news/sp/fantasy_sp/detail/3554227
All that says is they are getting them back on teh field nothing about comong back stronger or anything.

Quote:
There are myths and mysteries surrounding the operation. In an interview I did with Dr. Jobe and Tommy John back in 2009, Jobe addressed those myths in no uncertain fashion. Tommy John surgery, as the ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction has come to be known, does not make a pitcher better or faster. "Most of that is the insidious nature of the injury," said Jobe. "Even if the ligament just ruptures at once, the very nature of pitching is that you wear down." Tommy John agreed, saying "It's one pitch that you can point to, but it's a lot of pitches before that one that gets you to that point."
Look at the bolded section yep that is right it DOESN'T make them better or faster and further down the article it mentions that they are never 100% again. Mind you I don't think most in here will take notice of that or they will use the old yes but this isn't Tommy John surgury it is his knee bla bla bla.

Last edited by 29dryden29: 11-10-2011 at 02:54 PM.
29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
All that says is they are getting them back on teh field nothing about comong back stronger or anything.
Well in general athletes come back from this surgery rehabilitated. You don't miss signficant time and then return at 60-80%. There are exceptions. And all surgery/medicine is evaluated on a case-by-case or person-by-person basis. Markov may not rehabilitate to 100%. But odds are in his favour.

Now, given his track record, he is likely to get hurt at some point in a full-season. But it's not likely that it will be related to this. He's gone through surgery and extended re-hab. They have exercised caution along the way and prolonged the re-hab where he's missed his re-hab milestones. When Markov comes back his knee will be fully re-hab.

He might not be fit. He might get injured somewhere else. But his knee will be ok. Dude is a millionaire and does not need to risk anything.

Last edited by Boris Le Tigre: 11-10-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old
11-10-2011, 03:00 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Well in general athletes come back from this surgery rehabilitated. You don't miss signficant time and then return at 60-80%. There are exceptions. And all surgery/medicine is evaluated on a case-by-case or person-by-person basis. Markov may not come rehabilitate to 100%. But odds are his knee will be at 100%.

Now, given his track record, he is likely to get hurt at some point in a full-season. But it's not likely that it will be related to this. He's gone through surgery and extended re-hab. They have exercised caution along the way and prolonged the re-hab where he's missed his re-hab milestones. When Markov comes back his knee will be fully re-hab.

He might not be fit. He might get injured somewhere else. But his knee will be ok. Dude is a millionaire and does not need to risk anything.
Just to be clear the post wasn't directed at you it was an in general post using your info you had posted up. His knee will be re habed yes but it will never again be 100% and will suffer the same sort of injury much easier the next time around as was evident by his back to back knee injuries.

Old
11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:

Look at the bolded section yep that is right it DOESN'T make them better or faster and further down the article it mentions that they are never 100% again. Mind you I don't think most in here will take notice of that or they will use the old yes but this isn't Tommy John surgury it is his knee bla bla bla.

Well ... you get a new ligament (or a revised one) in place of a beat-up ligament. Makes sense to me... that after the ligament gets a chance to warm up... well it should be better than that ol beater he was traveling around on.

There's no way that Staal hit should have hurt him like that. His knee was toast. Now it's better.

Old
11-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Just to be clear the post wasn't directed at you it was an in general post using your info you had posted up. His knee will be re habed yes but it will never again be 100% and will suffer the same sort of injury much easier the next time around as was evident by his back to back knee injuries.
well that goes for mine as well... just pushing the debate along. We're all Habs fans here. So that means we are some of the smartest people in the world. This is like two Ivey Leagure Surgeons debating it out... really

I think his knee is fixed. But unfortunately, I think he'll get hurt again.

Old
11-10-2011, 03:09 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
well that goes for mine as well... just pushing the debate along. We're all Habs fans here. So that means we are some of the smartest people in the world. This is like two Ivey Leagure Surgeons debating it out... really

I think his knee is fixed. But unfortunately, I think he'll get hurt again.

You couldn't be more correct we are HABS fans by that fact alone we are the smartest hockey fans on earth

Old
11-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Markov will need 5-10 games to get his rhythm and timing back in order. As long as he comes back healthy, and does not fall to injury, he will significantly improve both our offensive and defensive play. I am so looking forward to his return, but hope they make him wait however long he needs to come back healed and ready.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Well ... you get a new ligament (or a revised one) in place of a beat-up ligament. Makes sense to me... that after the ligament gets a chance to warm up... well it should be better than that ol beater he was traveling around on.

There's no way that Staal hit should have hurt him like that. His knee was toast. Now it's better.
The Staal hit wasn't all that different from the original injury. In both cases it was an unfortunate awkward fall that caused it. If anything, the reinjury probably was because the surrounding muscles weren't yet strong enough to provide adequate defense for the knee against that kind of fall. Which makes it a good sign they're being more careful with his return this time rather than bringing him back as soon as possible.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:51 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

I could see Markov reigniting this team to heights not seen since the 06 year.

That powerplay has the potential to be silly loaded.

The entire d corps gets improved so much due to him slotting in at the top. I don't believe he'll take that much time to get up to game speed either. It will be interesting to see what happens to him in the next 2.75 seasons. Not even as a habs fan, but as a hockey fan I want to see him stay healthy because d-men like him can play at a very high level until late 30's if they want (early 40's too) and he's going to be just 35 at the end of this upcoming contract.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:38 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Whatever happens when Markov comes back, we gotta give the guy some credit for his constancy. We can all agree he's been without the shadow of a doubt the most assiduous stay-at-home defencemen the last 2 years.

HeShootsHeScores is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:51 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Whatever happens when Markov comes back, we gotta give the guy some credit for his constancy. We can all agree he's been without the shadow of a doubt the most assiduous stay-at-home defencemen the last 2 years.
LOL this is soooo true and funny as hell also.

Old
11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
hockey8888

what different does this make.
he'll be out before even you notice he's back

hockey8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:39 AM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey8888 View Post
what different does this make.
he'll be out before even you notice he's back
+1!! Isn't that true.

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:28 AM
S Bah

On the other hand adding Markov to the Habs young defence corps will provide the skill and glue necessary to make them gel like no defence in recent memory.Emelin will make massive steps forward,as will Subban and Diaz with Andrei taking a huge load off of them as sophomore and rookie dmen,and the rest are veterans to carry anything needed.Dont ever underestimate the will of Habs players,it's just not smart.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 05:16 AM
Dekar

I didn't think Markov would still be out come November, but from the start of the season I kept saying to people that he'll likely have an average season while rounding his game into form (likely having a much better end-of-season than the first half) and will probably put up around 30-35 points before finding his groove and settling into a 50-60 point campaign next year.

So in short, I don't think Markov will have a huge impact this season, but I'd love to be wrong about that.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:06 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
I didn't think Markov would still be out come November, but from the start of the season I kept saying to people that he'll likely have an average season while rounding his game into form (likely having a much better end-of-season than the first half) and will probably put up around 30-35 points before finding his groove and settling into a 50-60 point campaign next year.

So in short, I don't think Markov will have a huge impact this season, but I'd love to be wrong about that.
I hate being a naysayer but I hope the team gets the Asian Flu and are sick for two months and we get to draft in the top five for once,and I have been a fan for over 50 years.The Habs haven't had an elite pick other than the lottery for the lockout season for over 30 years.For once it would be nice to look forward to a player that can wow us again like Lafleur did, the next two drafts actually have that kind of promising players.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
He hasn't been cleared for any contact just skating with the team when he gets cleared to be hit let me know. I still say 10 games max before he goes down to injury again.
with a comment like that who cares what you think?

Quote:
Even with technology today a repair is a repair it is never as good as before an injury. Sure he can play at a high level but a repaired ligament is always one wrong move away from needing to be fixed again.
what are you talking about?..In some cases the knee is stronger than ever before. The materials they use to reconstruct are 100 times stronger than any tissue, tendon, ligimate in the human body. And sorry but with all do respect your knee surgery was likely done by Dr. Nick Riviera, and Markov's was performed by the world renowned Dr. James Andrews. So odds are Marky will be good to go soon.

Quote:

wow you believe everything you read?..Well I believe what I see buddy and thats pitchers coming back stronger after TJ surgery.

Last edited by hototogisu: 11-11-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: merge
Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote