HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Prelims Moving from Facebook to Fuel in 2012

Old
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Fanpuck33

vCash: 500
Prelims Moving from Facebook to Fuel in 2012

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26016/fuel...f-facebook.mma

That's a real bummer. So many millions more people have access to Facebook than Fuel. Only 26 million homes? That's a pathetic place to put such content.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Agreed. At least put the prelims on Foxsports.com or something.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
I don't think a lot of people watch the Facebook fights. Only extreme diehards. The same will probably be the case when they're on Fuel TV as well, but at least they'll be on television then. The stuff about Fuel TV airing non-PPV overseas cards live is really good.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:54 PM
m9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I don't think a lot of people watch the Facebook fights. Only extreme diehards. The same will probably be the case when they're on Fuel TV as well, but at least they'll be on television then. The stuff about Fuel TV airing non-PPV overseas cards live is really good.
Agreed. I have a ton of friends who are big UFC fans but don't watch the Facebook fights. Some probably don't even know about them.

Anyways, I really only care what the plans are for Canada. If they got on Sportsnet that would be great. If not, they better on a Fox/Fuel or UFC website. Now that they've started making them available they can't go back.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 05:27 PM
DeathFromAbove

Not a fan of this, I don't even know what the **** Fuel is so it better be on Sportsnet or something in Canada

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:28 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

as long as there is a way to watch in canada I'll be okay with it...I know FX is coming up here, dunno if Sportsnet will, in some way, pick it up on their One channel.

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Not sure how this will work in Canada. We don't get Fuel TV or FX.

The two prelim fights that currently air on Spike will be moving to FX in the US. Sportsnet will probably continue to show those in Canada but I can't see them showing the 4-5 Facebook fights on TV. Not many people are going to watch fighters they have never heard of.

Why can't they just put them on UFC.com or FOX.com?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:50 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Not sure how this will work in Canada. We don't get Fuel TV or FX.

The two prelim fights that currently air on Spike will be moving to FX in the US. Sportsnet will probably continue to show those in Canada but I can't see them showing the 4-5 Facebook fights on TV. Not many people are going to watch fighters they have never heard of.

liek I said already, FX is coming to canada (it is in my region, anyways) so that's covered but I would be bummed out if I couldn't watch the prelims.

Old
11-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Pax Macioretty

Potential amazing news for canadian fans. Sportsnet and TVAsports will probably pick it up for us

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
liek I said already, FX is coming to canada (it is in my region, anyways) so that's covered but I would be bummed out if I couldn't watch the prelims.
If your location (Sherwood Park) is correct, then I'm in the same region as you but I was told by a Shaw rep the other day that they won't be getting FX anytime soon.

Are you with Bell?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
The Rage

Quote:

Because very few people are willing to watch fights online. Even the Fuel ratings will blow facebook out of the water. And if it's on fuel, they can't put it online or they would be undercutting their own product. Don't worry guys, most likely sportsnet will pick it up--that's why they have sportsnet one, for extra programming. Worst case scenario, you can watch via illegal stream, which is not much different than the current situation. That said, Canada is an MMA hotbed, we will be looked after one way or another (maybe sportsnet will stream them if they don't put them on t.v.).

The Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Anyways, I really only care what the plans are for Canada. If they got on Sportsnet that would be great. If not, they better on a Fox/Fuel or UFC website. Now that they've started making them available they can't go back.
I think I read somewhere that Sportsnet will pick up a bulk of the UFC content for Canada.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:26 AM
The Rage

Quote:
If your location (Sherwood Park) is correct, then I'm in the same region as you but I was told by a Shaw rep the other day that they won't be getting FX anytime soon.

Are you with Bell?
Shaw reps said the same thing about sportsnet one. They seem to have no idea that they are getting a new network until it actually happens.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:44 AM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:

Are you with Bell?
no, shaw and I won't believe that until I see it to be honest...shaw'd be dumb not to pick it up but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
Because very few people are willing to watch fights online. Even the Fuel ratings will blow facebook out of the water. And if it's on fuel, they can't put it online or they would be undercutting their own product. Don't worry guys, most likely sportsnet will pick it up--that's why they have sportsnet one, for extra programming. Worst case scenario, you can watch via illegal stream, which is not much different than the current situation. That said, Canada is an MMA hotbed, we will be looked after one way or another (maybe sportsnet will stream them if they don't put them on t.v.).
my thought is sportsnet will have it...like I mentioned I think they'll probably pick it up and put it on sportsnet one or stream it if necessary. Sportsnet has a golden opportunity here to really solidify themselves as THE t.v. destination for MMA in canada regardless of TSN taking baby steps (by broadcasting MFC events) and TheScore dilligently broadcasting Bellator and other smaller events.

Old
11-10-2011, 06:21 AM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

vCash: 1500
Quote:
no, shaw and I won't believe that until I see it to be honest...shaw'd be dumb not to pick it up but you never know.

my thought is sportsnet will have it...like I mentioned I think they'll probably pick it up and put it on sportsnet one or stream it if necessary. Sportsnet has a golden opportunity here to really solidify themselves as THE t.v. destination for MMA in canada regardless of TSN taking baby steps (by broadcasting MFC events) and TheScore dilligently broadcasting Bellator and other smaller events.
Wait. What?

When did TSN start broadcasting MFC events?

To me, the constant moving and switching around of content providers is doing the ufc no favours. Everytime they move they most likely lose some of the fanbase.

Theyve been moving around a lot lately.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:24 AM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Wait. What?

To me, the constant moving and switching around of content providers is doing the ufc no favours. Everytime they move they most likely lose some of the fanbase.

apparently they signed a one year deal last month

http://www.mmacombat.com/content/500...-deal-tsn.html

to be honest, It wouldnt surprise me if TSN eventually became the official canadian boardcast partner of the UFC. Anyone know when RSN & UFC's deal comes up? TSN would be stupid not to try and take over if they have the chance

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Anyone know when RSN & UFC's deal comes up? TSN would be stupid not to try and take over if they have the chance
They signed a 4 year contract in March so sometime in 2015 I'm guessing.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Captain_Cunney

The MFC won't air live as far as I know, but they do have to show it within 30 days of the event.

In terms of prelims in Canada, I think we'll be alright, Sportsent has been the official partner in Canada and I'd expect whatever is shown on local TV in the states will be shown on sportsnet or sportsnetone. The UFC let them trump spike for years even though spike is available to almost everyone in Canada, I don't think this will be any different.

I for one am glad, I was tired of steaming fb prelims on a 10"x10" macbook screen. More Hd please.

Quote:
to be honest, It wouldnt surprise me if TSN eventually became the official canadian boardcast partner of the UFC. Anyone know when RSN & UFC's deal comes up? TSN would be stupid not to try and take over if they have the chance
I really can't see that happening, Sportsent has been incredibly good to the UFC over the years, Dana & Co. speak highly of them. It won't become a money or a programming issue as Sportsnet (Rogers) have more than enough $$ and programming slots to keep everyone involved happy. Beyond that, the UFC is already a bit down on ESPN, so I doubt they will be intersted in switching to their Canadian partner.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 10:28 AM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post

I hope not. I get Sportsnet HD, but I think have to pay extra for TSN HD because I don't have it right now.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:01 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
Wait. What?

TSN 2 picks up all their events now. not live at the moment, but that may change down the road.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
The MFC won't air live as far as I know, but they do have to show it within 30 days of the event.

In terms of prelims in Canada, I think we'll be alright, Sportsent has been the official partner in Canada and I'd expect whatever is shown on local TV in the states will be shown on sportsnet or sportsnetone. The UFC let them trump spike for years even though spike is available to almost everyone in Canada, I don't think this will be any different.

I for one am glad, I was tired of steaming fb prelims on a 10"x10" macbook screen. More Hd please.

I really can't see that happening, Sportsent has been incredibly good to the UFC over the years, Dana & Co. speak highly of them. It won't become a money or a programming issue as Sportsnet (Rogers) have more than enough $$ and programming slots to keep everyone involved happy. Beyond that, the UFC is already a bit down on ESPN, so I doubt they will be intersted in switching to their Canadian partner.
Well, Dana does do a ton of interviews for TSN, so he may not hate them that much. The programing slots may be their only downfall since TSN does show the CFL on Saturday nights

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

vCash: 1500
Quote:
TSN 2 picks up all their events now. not live at the moment, but that may change down the road.
Please let us know when the next one is.

So are they no longer on HDNET?

Or are they on both, live on HDNet and later on TSN2?

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:06 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Please let us know when the next one is.

So are they no longer on HDNET?

Or are they on both, live on HDNet and later on TSN2?
Live on Hdnet, later on TSN2.