HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parros Is Burning!

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2005, 05:26 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

vCash: 500
Parros have always seemed like a really nice guy....and Jim Fox couldnt stop raving about what a great person Parros is....hope he continues to improve

Like someone said, Parros is a useful guy to have in the lineup...but he just doesnt seem all that tough...he doesnt seem very strong, and to be honest I would worry about him if he drops gloves with a true heavy, because it seems like guys are frequently looking to him to fight

Old
10-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

We have found our new Steve McKenna. How long 'til we see him doing comedy skits on "Break the Ice" with Bill Macdonald?

Old
10-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
Parros have always seemed like a really nice guy....and Jim Fox couldnt stop raving about what a great person Parros is....hope he continues to improve

Like someone said, Parros is a useful guy to have in the lineup...but he just doesnt seem all that tough...he doesnt seem very strong, and to be honest I would worry about him if he drops gloves with a true heavy, because it seems like guys are frequently looking to him to fight

Parros is a good guy, I met him. He is actually pretty strong and built pretty good, his problem is his balance. He has terrible balance in fights.

Erskine is a true heavy, and Parros did ok. But yes, a true test would be Fedoruk, Laraque, Brashear...etc....

Old
10-22-2005, 04:25 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
giving back to the community is great ... makes you pull for the guy more. and a yale guy to boot...

10-22-2005, 04:27 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
giving back to the community is great ... makes you pull for the guy more. and a yale guy to boot...

no Prinecton Pugilist would EVER go to Yale!!!

Old
10-22-2005, 04:35 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat
no Prinecton Pugilist would EVER go to Yale!!!
oh, my bad...

Old
10-22-2005, 05:17 PM
jfont

Awards:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

Old
10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Parros is a good guy, I met him. He is actually pretty strong and built pretty good, his problem is his balance. He has terrible balance in fights.

Erskine is a true heavy, and Parros did ok. But yes, a true test would be Fedoruk, Laraque, Brashear...etc....
I'm still not very convinced the Parros is a strong guy...maybe he just needs to work on his hitting....but i'm rooting for him

but i was surprised that even though Avery looks like a small guy on the ice, he's actually built like a tank

Old
10-24-2005, 01:01 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
However many shifts he had tonight, he did just fine and was the catalyst for the second Kings goal (and of course since I don't remember him playing much (if at all) after the 1st period, it certainly wasn't his fault that they collapsed.

I'd put some lead in his skates and send him out to stand like the Gretzky Statue in front of the net on the PP... after all, it can't be any worse that the great VanBoxmeer plan of 05-06...

Old
10-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Game Misconduct

I agree that Parros was the catalyst for the second goal. Haven't checked the box score yet or re-watched the game on TiVo, but my impression was that he made the most out of only a handful of shifts. I may even go get myself a Parros jersey at the rate he's going!

I really thought the team would have benefitted from taking Simon off the ice for 5 minutes in exchange for George, but what do I know?

Old
10-24-2005, 12:33 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
However many shifts he had tonight, he did just fine and was the catalyst for the second Kings goal (and of course since I don't remember him playing much (if at all) after the 1st period, it certainly wasn't his fault that they collapsed.

I'd put some lead in his skates and send him out to stand like the Gretzky Statue in front of the net on the PP... after all, it can't be any worse that the great VanBoxmeer plan of 05-06...

5 shifts for a grand total of 3:28 is a f***ing joke. one thing i've NEVER liked about Andy Murray's coaching is his little "reward system." this season though, i thought that maybe, just maybe that scheme seemed to be working itsef out rather well. he was starting to do stuff like rewarding Sean Avery's & Derek Armstrong's strong play with a little PP time, and experimenting with Michael Cammalleri on the point (hoping he'd begin to generate some offense) as a reward for his few games of "hustle." Parros seems to be generating as much offense as "Cammy" yet, he gets "rewarded" with less than 4 minutes of ice time. A JOKE!

i'm sorry, but a 2-0 lead SHOULD NOT necessitate a coach to shorten his bench. if you're trailing, that's one thing. if it's tied after the half-way point of the game, maybe you double shift Demitra (or something) every now and again. but with a 2-0 lead, DON'T CHANGE THE SYSTEM. granted, we took a number of penalties in the 2nd period where George wouldn't have seen any time anyway. but still, 2-2 into the 3rd period, this early in the season... have some f***ing confidence. roll all four lines. keep everyone's legs fresh, and their heads in the damn game!

Old
10-24-2005, 12:45 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
I agree that Parros was the catalyst for the second goal. Haven't checked the box score yet or re-watched the game on TiVo...
two things that stand out for me...

The Cammalleri pass on the goal that was disallowed... (stuff like that we don't see in the box score, but save for Armstrong being well behind Kiprusoff in the Flames net, that was an "assist" that reminds me why this kid belongs on the ice in the NHL.)

A fantastic defensive play by Cryin' Bryan Marchment at about the 12 minute mark of the final period. I will go back to my TiVo to see it again because I don't remember much about it other than thinking it was the defensive play of the game.

Old
10-24-2005, 12:52 PM
jeffreyaa

I wonder if he'll be sitting once Bure gets healthy? I like the kid and hope he continues to get some playing time. He's never short on hustle or a willingness to stick up for his teammates.

Old
10-24-2005, 12:54 PM
wabwat

Quote:
two things that stand out for me...

The Cammalleri pass on the goal that was disallowed... (stuff like that we don't see in the box score, but save for Armstrong being well behind Kiprusoff in the Flames net, that was an "assist" that reminds me why this kid belongs on the ice in the NHL.)

A fantastic defensive play by Cryin' Bryan Marchment at about the 12 minute mark of the final period. I will go back to my TiVo to see it again because I don't remember much about it other than thinking it was the defensive play of the game.
i agree and disagree... the pass to Demitra was a helluva play (i think it fooled everyone, and it was a bad call), but it's a matter of time before this team starts getting burned with having that little boy on the point.

i vaguely remember the play by Marchment... i'm gonna watch it again.

Old
10-24-2005, 01:19 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat
i agree and disagree... the pass to Demitra was a helluva play (i think it fooled everyone, and it was a bad call), but it's a matter of time before this team starts getting burned with having that little boy on the point.

i vaguely remember the play by Marchment... i'm gonna watch it again.
The "little boy" has played the point a lot throughout his career, and has done a very good job with his assignment. Much rather see him than Norstrom... or Roenick for that matter...

Old
10-24-2005, 01:35 PM
wabwat

Quote:
The "little boy" has played the point a lot throughout his career, and has done a very good job with his assignment. Much rather see him than Norstrom... or Roenick for that matter...
true. but he hasn't played with that 4 extra feet. his shots just aren't getting through. i was listening to the tape delay on the way home from the game, and i couldn't even tell you how many times i heard Nick say "Cammalleri with the shot... blocked."

again, i've never been the biggest fan of having a forward on the point. unless your team is the 1993 or 1994 Pittsburgh Penguins. especially if that forward does NOT have a big shot, is not particularly fast, doesn't really play defense, and decides his shift is over and skates (slowly) to the bench without knowing where the puck is, nearly costing his team an outnumbered attack (which is where and why i think it's a matter of time before they get burned).

Old
10-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Fat Elvis

Parros with more points than the 5million $ JR. I wish we had spent that money differently. Parros deserves more ice time than he's getting, I can't remember a time when he screwed up to allow a goal against.

Old
10-24-2005, 02:17 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Parros deserves more ice time than he's getting, I can't remember a time when he screwed up to allow a goal against.
Today's Hockey Trivia Question:

Which Kings player leads the team in the +/- category?

If you answered
GEORGE PARROS
you would be correct. The Princeton Pugilist, and his 4 minutes a game, leads the Kings with a +5.

This trivia question has been brought to you by URINE GONE... just spray some on John VanCrapsmear's clipboard and watch the Kings Powerplay disappear!

Old
10-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
to you by URINE GONE...
Otherwise known as "Piss Off"...

Old
11-14-2005, 08:10 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Parros with more points than the 5million $ JR. I wish we had spent that money differently. Parros deserves more ice time than he's getting, I can't remember a time when he screwed up to allow a goal against.
how has parros played of late? been about three weeks since anyone posted on this thread. is he maintaining his level of play? how about his fights - is he hanging in there?

Closed Thread